What's new

More MKX DLC Konfirmed; Koming First Half of 2016

Tim Static

Adminerator
Today Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment confirmed that NetherRealm Studios is developing new downloadable content (DLC) for Mortal Kombat X, the best-selling game of 2015 to-date according to US NPD. The new content will include new playable characters, skins and a new environment, all of which will be available in the first half of 2016.

Mortal Kombat X is NetherRealm Studios’ most recent installment in its legendary, critically acclaimed fighting game franchise that propels the iconic franchise into a new generation. The game combines cinematic presentation with all new gameplay to deliver the most brutal Kombat experience ever, offering a new fully-connected experience that launches players into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy.

For more information about Mortal Kombat X, please visit www.mortalkombat.com and www.facebook.com/MortalKombat.

Source: WB Games/NetherRealm Studio Official Press Release

Attachments

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
That and many people have wanted the game to have a breathing period, where new characters weren't being added and things changing constantly. They mentioned in the patch the stream the other day but they said this will be the game for a while barring anything too ridiculous emerging (Like it already has).

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
Doubt that. It will create less sales in 2016, all casual babies will forget about MKX by that time.
That's true too. Also have to wonder if they really think they're going to make money with KP2 launching in 2016 when street fighter 5 releases right in that time line.

Onilordasmodeus

Doubt that. It will create less sales in 2016, all casual babies will forget about MKX by that time.
No. That won't happen. Casual fans love MK, and next year during the run up to EVO there will be SFV, KI Season 3, and Pokken Tournament. All those games cater to different crowds, and MK can be right there in the mix with an influx of new content.

That being said, there can only be diminishing returns on KP2. MKX and KP1 sold really well, but KP2 selling by itself can only sell less.

What if they announce the Komplete Edition with KP1 and KP2 included though?

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
I think this is fantastic. Most people are expecting a "story pack" that consists of Rain, Fujin,, etc. etc. but now there is a chance they are bringing in characters such as Smoke, Noob, Sektor, etc. It would be the right call if they want money. Lets be honest, Smoke would bring in more profit than say Sindel or Baraka.

Onilordasmodeus

Looks like this might be all the news for today. I was hoping for some character announcements, but it looks like they are going to troll us, and lead us on for the next few months.

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
If this is certain, I will quit the game.

No point in hyping this KP2 up just to say, "Hey, Kombat 2 is coming, but not till February/March!"

Guess it gives me more reason to buy AC and hold out on MKX until I see some new DLC.

The game is already starting to feel dated, even with the patch. People still play the same, cheap, Internet is subpar when it works and characters are still more OP than others.

*sighs* Oh NRS, I looked up to you...

Onilordasmodeus

If this is certain, I will quit the game.

No point in hyping this KP2 up just to say, "Hey, Kombat 2 is coming, but not till February/March!"

Guess it gives me more reason to buy AC and hold out on MKX until I see some new DLC.

The game is already starting to feel dated, even with the patch. People still play the same, cheap, Internet is subpar when it works and characters are still more OP than others.

*sighs* Oh NRS, I looked up to you...
Just wondering, why haven't you quit the game already?

KP2 isn't coming out for a while, but was the prospect of new characters the only reason you were sticking around?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I'd honestly be shocked if WB/NRS decided to wait until next year. Money-wise....I feel they need to strike while the iron is hot. As far as the life of the game goes, releasing more characters next year would be great, but a TON of the casuals will be done with MKX by then.

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
Just wondering, why haven't you quit the game already?

KP2 isn't coming out for a while, but was the prospect of new characters the only reason you were sticking around?
Pretty much, yes.

I mean I knew even if characters were to come out before 2016, I'd still have to wait at least another 4-6 weeks anyways.

But to be honest, this game is starting to get boring really.

New characters/skins/stages would of been HYPE, but since Boon is the king of trolls, I should've known I would be disappointed.