What's new

Video/Tutorial MMH reveal trailer breakdown

He should be EVERYONE'S anti-Superman. That's part of why I don't get why he wasn't in the initial roster. Hell, he makes more sense to bring in to fight Supes than kryptonite.
he was probably killed
accidently in hawkgirl's birthday by superman when he was impersonating her. a lot of candles for a reincarnating girl
earth prime maybe was depressed due to a lack of chocos.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
So true lol but he was a little dissapointing in his slow zoning and strings. I do play him but no way I'm taking him too serious since I have no special love for the actual Zod character in the comics/movies.

Like other DLC I'll be giving this one a try and hope it clicks with him.
he seems like he may be a bit slow too. But with his move set he may be tricky as well.
Can't wait to see how he plays out.
Hopefully not another Lobo or Zod....

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So he can double air dash forward with meter, presumably he can do it backwards too? Maybe he can air dash forwards then backwards? Lol, maaaan, I want him NOW!

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Couldn't 1:37 be a MB fireball thrown after the smashing move, and not a MB of the smashing move in itself?

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
He should be EVERYONE'S anti-Superman.
Don't see it. People think that a certain character can be 'anti-superman'. They can't. And they shouldn't. That's the wrong way to think. Superman is where he is because f2 3 is nigh impossible to deal with. People can deal with keepaway decently, there are options for it, but f2 3 is a safe combo starter that does good damage from anywhere, can be canceled low, whiff punishes like no other, and is super fast. It' just too much for anyone to be anti it. People need to think around it rather than trying to match it head on.

Don't see it. People think that a certain character can be 'anti-superman'. They can't. And they shouldn't. That's the wrong way to think. Superman is where he is because f2 3 is nigh impossible to deal with. People can deal with keepaway decently, there are options for it, but f2 3 is a safe combo starter that does good damage from anywhere, can be canceled low, whiff punishes like no other, and is super fast. It' just too much for anyone to be anti it. People need to think around it rather than trying to match it head on.
yeah... story and comics bro, that's what shadowknight was talking about.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

yeah... story and comics bro, that's what shadowknight was talking about.
I know HE was, but I've heard it around in other places and wanted to address it.

EDIT: Also, how can MMH beat Superman in comics? Telepathy doesn't work well since Superman has trained against it. Past that, I got nothing.

Zero-Shift

B-List Hero
Man I am dying to get my hands on this character. I don't care if he's garbage tier. He's one of my two fave DC heroes and I'm playing him until the bitter end. Such a hype trailer.

EDIT: Also, how can MMH beat Superman in comics? Telepathy doesn't work well since Superman has trained against it. Past that, I got nothing.
Martian Manhunter is just that powerful. Physically he's just as strong as Superman and has all the same powers in addition to others like telepathy and intangibility. Even if Clark is resistant to telepathy he's not immune and J'onn is probably the most powerful telepath on Earth. There was a JLA story were MMH accidentally turned evil and did a fair job of fighting the entire Justice League all at once.

Martian Manhunter is just that powerful. Physically he's just as strong as Superman and has all the same powers in addition to others like telepathy and intangibility. Even if Clark is resistant to telepathy he's not immune and J'onn is probably the most powerful telepath on Earth. There was a JLA story were MMH accidentally turned evil and did a fair job of fighting the entire Justice League all at once.
This, people don't realize just how strong he really is... But then again he's afraid of fire so wouldn't superman just need to cause a fire with heat vision?

Also where is this story I must read it :D

Colonel-Gilgamesh

The same could be said of Superman's physical prowess. I mean, dude has dragged the earth around, been smushed by planets, been caught in a supernova, is almost as fast as the Flash, and can get even stronger from the sun. J'onn and his telepathy would do a halfway decent job, but he'd have to take down Superman in the physical sense and J'onn is simply not that strong. As for intangiblity, yeah, Superman probably couldn't punch him well, but he has to unfaze at some point and Superman would just stomp him before he could react.

I don't think we're saying he's his equal but for the point of the story it's really shocking how you can leave him out, he would be a giant asset in stopping regime superman.

Also it was hilarious how well his telepathy worked on black Adam in 52 :p

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
I demand nerfs. He clearly does a MB move, then a block string, then super. #5bars #DemTrainingModeInfiniteMeterVids #NormalizeMMH

huh

Noob
1:10 - grab (?) - appears on the opposite side
1:14 - grab - appears on the same side - good to keep opponent in the corner.

1:17 - just to point out the nice reference to his weakness (fire). Details like that kind of show that they cared about the character, and obviously they were very motivated to show up with a very good MMH and make him justice. Perhaps something to do with Boon liking this char, and also all the expectation surrounding this DLC.

Besides that, perhaps the stretching limbs (aka dhalsim) of MMH are the first really new feature on a character from NRS since MK series. I don't remember any NRS char having this feature before. All the other chars in Injustice seems to have moves that are different from MK series, but not completely fresh (projectiles, parries, slides, some sort of force grabbing the opponent, teleport, etc.. all we have seen before). So, that's why MMH seems so interesting to me and caught my atention. He can have this unique feature that we've never seen on NRS games.

Zero-Shift

B-List Hero
Also where is this story I must read it :D
JLA: Trial by Fire ;)

Last thing I'm going to say in regards to vs. Superman. Supes historically doesn't show that much telepathic resistance. He's been mentally bested by lesser telepaths than J'onn, such as Protex, Maxwell Lord, Manchester Black and Gorilla Grodd. Personally I think MMH would best him in a 1-on-1 fight, but really it shouldn't even matter. These two guys are friends. They won't fight unless plot forces them too and eventually they'd both take on the real threat anyway. :D