What's new

Video/Tutorial MMH reveal trailer breakdown

:29 is his far ranged sweep
:30 is his tracking teleport ALA Noob Saibot, leads to combos on hit. Like Batgirl, this is going to fuck up the zoners, but this is even more of a threat since this doesn't need to be MB'd for a combo. This is a constant in his neutral game that you'll have to watch out for.
:33 is a move where MMH dashes in while invisible (maybe it has invincibility of some kind?) and hits the opponent with a punch. It's MB variant is used here, and it pops the opponent up behind MMH, allowing him to get a Back 3. If this move is also anti-projectile, thats TWO moves so far that shit on zoners.
:39 shows MMH shooting a projectile from above, hits from a distance. Decent looking projectile.
:40 we see MMH place a trap that explodes when he does a pillar-like move, leads to a combo on hit. This is DEFINITELY going to lead to oki-shenanigans
:53 we see A VERY FAST AS FUCK version of Green Lantern's F3 that leads to a combo for MMH. The full string leads to a side-switch, so it might be good for screen positioning.
:54 we see the non MB'd version of invisi-dash move, leads to a knockdown and decent positioning.
:56 we see what looks to be his trait. His eyes glow red. No idea what this does yet.
:57 MMH's first sim-like attack, a straight jumping attack with TONS of range. This into the dash punch will most likely be his far range hitconfirm of choice.
:58 another Sim-like move, looks like a farther ranged version of Sinestro's 3. Is cancelable.
:59 we see a move that looks to be his MB'd tele. It pops them up, then he teleports and follows up with a combo. The initial ground-wave seems to track opponent's position.
1:01 a move where MMH's fists grow large and stretch, and he beats them down. Is a hard knockdown. Might be the preferred combo ender of choice. I imagine you can do this, set a trap and force some insane pressure
1:30 we see something HUGE. MMH has an air-dash, and he does the invisi-dash MB while in the air as a second air-dash. This character REALLY is looking like a space controlling character that punishes obvious zoning attempts.
1:37 MMH makes his fists huge and stretch again, doing what seems to be an overhead-starting flurry of punches. The MB variant leaves a trap right ontop of the opponent. Obviously one of his better moves.
1:55 the meter burn variant of the projectile from above. 2 other projectiles shoot from above, covering the space in front of MMH.
1:57 MMH whiffs his trap exploding move without setting a trap. This is most likely going to be one of his own zoning options, since this also seems to track the opponent's position (albeit, not that well)
2:00 a combo with teleport extender, and he uses a new move where he grabs you by the feet and slams you to the ground. MB variant bounces them up for further juggles.
2:03 his super. Far range, so it might be kinda like Cyborg's in terms of usage: 4 bar whiff punish tool.

If I missed anything, lemme know and I'll add it into the time marks. GET HYPE FOR MMH, PEOPLE!

Stuff I missed: Trait has zero frame activation ala Bane, possibly opens up new moves and alters his traps, as shown when he does the overhead flurry attack.

It seems as if trait activates with no animation ala Bane's trait, as he combos into the stretchy overhead flurry during a combo, starting with no trait. I'm wondering if trait will replace moves in his normal moveset (Raven not having the Ermac lift in Demon stance as an example), or if it's added moves or not. I also think trait effects the traps he sets, since the MB flurry punch left a red trap and not a blue one.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
:29 is his far ranged sweep
:30 is his tracking teleport ALA Noob Saibot, leads to combos on hit. Like Batgirl, this is going to fuck up the zoners, but this is even more of a threat since this doesn't need to be MB'd for a combo. This is a constant in his neutral game that you'll have to watch out for.
:33 is a move where MMH dashes in while invisible (maybe it has invincibility of some kind?) and hits the opponent with a punch. It's MB variant is used here, and it pops the opponent up behind MMH, allowing him to get a Back 3. If this move is also anti-projectile, thats TWO moves so far that shit on zoners.
:39 shows MMH shooting a projectile from above, hits from a distance. Decent looking projectile.
:40 we see MMH place a trap that explodes when he does a pillar-like move, leads to a combo on hit. This is DEFINITELY going to lead to oki-shenanigans
:53 we see A VERY FAST AS FUCK version of Green Lantern's F3 that leads to a combo for MMH. The full string leads to a side-switch, so it might be good for screen positioning.
:54 we see the non MB'd version of invisi-dash move, leads to a knockdown and decent positioning.
:56 we see what looks to be his trait. His eyes glow red. No idea what this does yet.
:57 MMH's first sim-like attack, a straight jumping attack with TONS of range. This into the dash punch will most likely be his far range hitconfirm of choice.
:58 another Sim-like move, looks like a farther ranged version of Sinestro's 3. Is cancelable.
:59 we see a move that looks to be his MB'd tele. It pops them up, then he teleports and follows up with a combo. The initial ground-wave seems to track opponent's position.
1:01 a move where MMH's fists grow large and stretch, and he beats them down. Is a hard knockdown. Might be the preferred combo ender of choice. I imagine you can do this, set a trap and force some insane pressure
1:30 we see something HUGE. MMH has an air-dash, and he does the invisi-dash MB while in the air as a second air-dash. This character REALLY is looking like a space controlling character that punishes obvious zoning attempts.
1:37 MMH makes his fists huge and stretch again, doing what seems to be an overhead-starting flurry of punches. The MB variant leaves a trap right ontop of the opponent. Obviously one of his better moves.
1:55 the meter burn variant of the projectile from above. 2 other projectiles shoot from above, covering the space in front of MMH.
1:57 MMH whiffs his trap exploding move without setting a trap. This is most likely going to be one of his own zoning options, since this also seems to track the opponent's position (albeit, not that well)
2:00 a combo with teleport extender, and he uses a new move where he grabs you by the feet and slams you to the ground. MB variant bounces them up for further juggles.
2:03 his super. Far range, so it might be kinda like Cyborg's in terms of usage: 4 bar whiff punish tool.

If I missed anything, lemme know and I'll add it into the time marks. GET HYPE FOR MMH, PEOPLE!

Stuff I missed: Trait has zero frame activation ala Bane, possibly opens up new moves and alters his traps, as shown when he does the overhead flurry attack.
So I just got home after missing all of EVO Grand Finals and saw this remembering that there would be an announcement.

This one is for AK Juggs

MARTIAN MANHUNTER IS IN! WOOOOOOOOO!

That said the dude looks SICK! Probably one of the best modeled and animated characters NRS has ever done IMO. The squash and stretch on his animations are sooooooooo good and the moveset itself looks badass. He's definitely another antizoner and I can't wait to see what his recovery frames are like on all these badass toys he has.

BRB I'm gonna go rewatch that trailer and jerk it till I die.

Also hurray John Stewart got in and his VA is in too! Congrats!

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
The speed of that overhead, that range, the ball that may force people to have to block on wakeup. So much stuff... may I actually preemptively say I'll main a character?

DominicanAddy94

I'm on PSN
I got scared when I thought that his fast as fuck move at :53 was his F3. But it isn't, that would just be unfair lol His F3 can be seen at 1:37 instead. Seems more fair.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
What are you talking about? Was there more to the trailer before? What axe?
...I think there's been a mix-up between what's shown in this and the KI trailer. The end of the KI trailer has a tomahawk thrown into a tree, hinting at Chief Thunder.