What's new

MLG commentary

Albo

Dojo Trainee
Brady, Pig, 16 Bit, Dink, Sabin and Medina would be my choices. Swift Tom Hank is pretty entertaining on commentary too. i'll be happy with any combination of those guys but i'd really like to see a brady+16 bit or dink combination like we saw at Devestation.

Tolkeen

/wrists
If you didn't pick medina as an option, you're crazy. 99% unbiased and is truly excited about this game. I'm afraid hitoshura would let his hidden rage out and start yelling about how dumb customers are at his shop... :)

Tapatalk, helping me procrastinate.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I completely agree w 9.95, Medina and Beerguyed

I would love to as well and would promise to do well

I think me and Hito as a team is interesting (someone mentioned it)

Key Factors I NEVER WANT TO F ING hear from a commentator:

-Bitching about the game

-Bitching about "well this character is so S tier so we all know where this is going" WHEN IN FACT it doesnt

-Calling a fireball a Hadouken

-Not knowing his/her scene and being unfamliar w its players (i think this is disrespectful....as in the case of Sawnik Fox, a lot of us knew all about him yet the commentators didnt which shows disconnect)

-Not having familiarity w all MUs

- Do no talk about how your character was nerfed or others were nerfed, we honestly do not care.

-Not respecting all Coasts

i think these factors should be taken seriously - Osu 16 Bit is right this is a huge opportunity for us as a community to legitimize ourselves on a larger scale and we dont need anyone screwing up commentary.

Just #1 rule, DO NOT BITCH about input bugs, meter drains, etc etc etc....Just dont. It's obnoxious

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Remember guys, commentators at MLG CANNOT PARTICIPATE in the event. Just a heads up.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
Well if K(<-----)ommentators cannot participate, hum...

The kommentary that I actually enjoyed the most was the Medina & BeerGuyEd duo by far. Pig of the hut makes witty komments, but I seriously like him playing, so I wouldn't vote :p
Brady is fun because he makes jokes about MK's stupidity, but he's more of a kommentator just for the people who follow the scene. Also, I'm always rooting for Brady, so that's a nono.
Hito is one of the best (if not the best) Noob players out there, and his kommentary sometimes leans towards players he likes or is familiar with, which is all good, but I'd rather have him just a ilttle more objective. I also wanna see his Noob, so yeah :p

I wouldn't want Medina and BeerGuyEd to kommentate if they wanna play, though. That just wouldn't be fair and they have the right to choose whatever they want to do.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Medina and BeerGuyEd provided us with the best commentary in MK to date by far.

They were never biased

They never talked about themselves, except for some light hearted comments on their own matches that were totally appropriate.

They never complained about characters, bugs, etc... no negativity

They were never obnoxious and/or overtly loud.

They never brought attention to themselves.

They remained objective and had great timing. Kept the commentary informative, entertaining and to the point.

They adressed the chat in JUST the right ammount, ignoring trolls and personal questions.

I nominate them without hesitation.
This... and they weren't yelling...

DAAAAAAAYUM!!! the whole time either.

-Bitching about the game

-Bitching about "well this character is so S tier so we all know where this is going" WHEN IN FACT it doesnt

-Not knowing his/her scene and being unfamliar w its players (i think this is disrespectful....as in the case of Sawnik Fox, a lot of us knew all about him yet the commentators didnt which shows disconnect)

- Do no talk about how your character was nerfed or others were nerfed, we honestly do not care.

i think these factors should be taken seriously - Osu 16 Bit is right this is a huge opportunity for us as a community to legitimize ourselves on a larger scale and we dont need anyone screwing up commentary.

Just #1 rule, DO NOT BITCH about input bugs, meter drains, etc etc etc....Just dont. It's obnoxious
100% this! Pig you were an awesome commentator.

Also I would like a commentator who doesn't spew out input notations the entire time, that's bad. You have to assume the people watching never played MK not just MK9 but MK.

Also, if some weird glitch or out of the ordinary happens during the match don't go "That's MK9 for you", everyone always does that or say 'NRS come on man".

Don't do that, ignore it or subtly address it, chances are the viewers don't even notice it until people mention it.

-Bitching about the game

Also I would like a commentator who doesn't spew out input notations the entire time, that's bad. You have to assume the people watching never played MK not just MK9 but MK.

Also, if some weird glitch or out of the ordinary happens during the match don't go "That's MK9 for you", everyone always does that or say 'NRS come on man".

Don't do that, ignore it or subtly address it, chances are the viewers don't even notice it until people mention it.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Just not Tom. I like Tom, but he needs to learn to ignore the stream monsters, stop talking about Sub's nerfs, the problems with the game and the tier placement of other characters. He's passionate about the game, I get that, and I don't think he's a bad guy by any means but the current gameplay should always out prioritize all of that. My vote goes for BeerGuyEd and Medina, they're both knowledgeable about the game, have great commentary and probably wouldn't be competing - thus filling all the aforementioned criteria.

Pig and Hitoshura would be good choices as well, but I'm pretty sure they'd like to compete, well I know Pig is lol

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Agreed here w the "well that's mk9 for ya, good job NRS" those comments make me puke

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Remember guys, commentators at MLG CANNOT PARTICIPATE in the event. Just a heads up.
1st I wanna thank you guys for saying my commentary is good. I appreciate it and as of Winter Brawl ive been rlly focusing more on commentary rather than playing mk9. Ive decided I wanted to sound more professional like and unbiased. Balance it out with knowledge and a little humor as well as turn down my language completely.

Idk if they would choose me but idc if I can't participate in the event or if I can't participate at tournaments at all. I love to commentate! It is something i feel I have a nack for. Sure im a good MK9 players but I'm no where near the level of the CD Bros, Reo, Etc. So I practice me commentating more than I play the game.

Anyway thats my 2 cents.

I just want to say thanks for all of the very nice comments about my commentary. Lately I have been more than blown away with all of the praise I have received for it. If I was asked to commentate MLG than I certainly do everything I can to make it and show the world what MK is all about. I really would not care about competing in MLG either. I would have a blast playing some MK but the most fun I had at FR was behind the mic and talking MK to everyone that was listening. Besides my knowledge of the game greatly outstrips my ability to execute what I am seeing.

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"

-Bitching about the game

I love you :) No homo

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"

Err commentators should be allowed to say the obligatory "He needs it" every now and then :p