What's new

General/Other - Scorpion MKXL - Which Variation is the best now?

HoangS-Z

Learn From This!
i used to main Sub since the day one but now i find that Scorpion is pretty much interesting. I didn't pay much attention for him before so i hope you guys let me know more information about him. I started with his Ninjutsu and i really love his sword which covers so much range and fast so the opponent is really afraid cause he can hardly approach me, the damage is pretty good: 35% meterless and more
I heard pp said that his Hell Fire variation is the best because of Safety, Flame Aura, Build Meter through pressure. So i went to the Training Room again, but when i go to the real battle i feel that Ninjutsu is more effective than Hell Fire. I feel that Fire ball run cancel is not really threat my friends as much as his long sword that catches my friends a lot of time for free combo. I thought his Fire ball cancel could add more damage in his combo but it's only add 1 or 2% more than Ninjutsu ( the damage between 2 variations are almost the same ). His B2 sword for anti air is pretty good as his Flame Aura.
I really confuse right now. So which variation is the best, discuss here, i really appriciate to hear your opinions from u guys ^^

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hellfire is the best variation because it makes the best use of all Scorpion universal buffs, besides you can fbc your mixups, flame aura and hellfire makes a lot of difference in MUs where you can't use ninjutsu's swords, and the FBC pressure is still there if you can condition your opponent to not back dash, or armor through it.

Ninjutsu is good and effective, but there are still MU's which is plain horrible using ninjutsu, as much as his both F2 and B2 cover some good ranges, they're are not safe by any means and should be used sparingly, B2 is -17 and F2 is -11, B4 is -4 on block but is 13 frames, in this game 13 frames is slow due the pace of the game being a lot faster, even 11 frames is somewhat slow if the move doesn't hit mid and cover a lot of distance.

Ninjutsu requires much more fundamentals to play effectively, since his only tool that crushes low sometimes is F3, but he has to spend a bar to hitconfirm and stay safe at the same time, Hellfire doesn't even need F3, but then again, you can FBC F3, and hitconfirm if you crush a low, or apply pressure if blocked.

HoangS-Z

Learn From This!
Hellfire is still his best variation imo. The fact that he can jail 214 again is huge.
Jail? I know Scorpion can jail opponent with 214 FBC 214 FBC 214 FBC in pre-patch, but after that WB fixed and now all i can do is 214 FBC 214 or B121 and stop, no more. BTW the opponent still can use armour to interrupt it, no more guarantee as before. I know all of u know this info but i'm new, so, how can i ''jail''?

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Jail? I know Scorpion can jail opponent with 214 FBC 214 FBC 214 FBC in pre-patch, but after that WB fixed and now all i can do is 214 FBC 214 or B121 and stop, no more. BTW the opponent still can use armour to interrupt it, no more guarantee as before. I know all of u know this info but i'm new, so, how can i ''jail''?
thats part of the mindgame, you gotta make them respect you so u can go through with it. its still amazingly good.

Matix218

Get over here!
I still feel hellfire is overall best if you have perfect execution and can make your fbrcs jail/link. If you lack the dexterity for that level of execution I believe ninjutsu is your best bet. I personally consider my execution to be somewhere in the middle of good and just mediocre and I still prefer hellfire as my go to variation but I would be lying if I didn't say that I often do let myself down in the execution department and get armored or poked out of a fbrc that is supposed to jail when done perfectly or things like that. Ninjutsu is obviously great against characters or players that love to abuse armored attacks and are used to being relatively safe when doing do. I think the added safety, slightly better damage and better post reset pressure (plus the fact that it benefits the most from the frame data buffs) gives hellfire the slight advantage.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
As others have said it's still Hellfire. Ninjutsu in the right hands should not be overlooked though.

Inferno is in the bin.

HoangS-Z

Learn From This!
Hellfire is the best and it is really fun to play. Ninjutsu is very good as well and extremely boring to play. Inferno has been dead for around 8 or 9 months.
yeah cause it's too easy, maybe the easiest char in this game and have good range + damage

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
Hellfire.

One of the best anti-airs in the game, good pressure, damage output, true low crush. Only lacks the oki and space control that Ninjutsu offers, but hey, that's what variations are for.

Still free to pressure, though.

HoangS-Z

Learn From This!
What the hell. He can do his 214 fbc 214 again...
Awesome
Idk bro, i tried many times and it doesn't work, when pp say that i feel so confusing @@ i saw Ketchup's scorpion hell fire tutorial and he said Scorpion doesn't have his true block strings: he can fbrc 3 times like what he used to have before. So confused right now @@

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Idk bro, i tried many times and it doesn't work, when pp say that i feel so confusing @@ i saw Ketchup's scorpion hell fire tutorial and he said Scorpion doesn't have his true block strings: he can fbrc 3 times like what he used to have before. So confused right now @@
He can do it, you just have to fix your cancels. They have him back the pressure but added a gap in 214.

HoangS-Z

Learn From This!
He can do it, you just have to fix your cancels. They have him back the pressure but added a gap in 214.
Do u have any tips for me? I tried to press the buttons as fast ad i can but the stamina is not enough to Run again. All i can do is: 214 fbrc 214 fbrc and stop. The remain stamina only allow me to dash, not run

JINAMOUNAINAI

He who is on fire is not troubled by the smoke
Hellfire is the best variation because it makes the best use of all Scorpion universal buffs, besides you can fbc your mixups, flame aura and hellfire makes a lot of difference in MUs where you can't use ninjutsu's swords, and the FBC pressure is still there if you can condition your opponent to not back dash, or armor through it.

Ninjutsu is good and effective, but there are still MU's which is plain horrible using ninjutsu, as much as his both F2 and B2 cover some good ranges, they're are not safe by any means and should be used sparingly, B2 is -17 and F2 is -11, B4 is -4 on block but is 13 frames, in this game 13 frames is slow due the pace of the game being a lot faster, even 11 frames is somewhat slow if the move doesn't hit mid and cover a lot of distance.

Ninjutsu requires much more fundamentals to play effectively, since his only tool that crushes low sometimes is F3, but he has to spend a bar to hitconfirm and stay safe at the same time, Hellfire doesn't even need F3, but then again, you can FBC F3, and hitconfirm if you crush a low, or apply pressure if blocked.
Yoo b4 is not 13 frames, its 8 just like the other two variations sweeps, also f3 doesnt low crush
Btw hf is the only variation that actually utilizes the f3 since its +9 on block if fbc

JINAMOUNAINAI

He who is on fire is not troubled by the smoke
Do u have any tips for me? I tried to press the buttons as fast ad i can but the stamina is not enough to Run again. All i can do is: 214 fbrc 214 fbrc and stop. The remain stamina only allow me to dash, not run
Just gotta to it faster, the less distance you let him run the better, btw i would suggest not to loop 214 fbc (there is a gap at 21_4)after the first 214 fbc a mixup would be a more effective option imo ofc

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Hellfire is the best and it is really fun to play. Ninjutsu is very good as well and extremely boring to play. Inferno has been dead for around 8 or 9 months.
A friend is a Inferno main and he gives me a good fight all the time.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
A friend is a Inferno main and he gives me a good fight all the time.
Or perhaps you just give him a bad fight :DOGE

Hey Eddy, how should I be using S3 in the neutral as Hellfire (NOT asking about anti-airing with it btw, strictly footsies)? Should I be FBC'ing it so I can go into pressure on block, combo on it, or should I just FaF it and use the +frames to pressure on hit?

Also, why is F3 a button Hellfire doesn't need?