What's new

Discussion MKXL Post 3/29/16 Tier List Thread

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Kung Lao was S tier, and now they nerfed his EX hat to be +7 (it was +12), his JI2 is not overpowered anymore but it's still very good, it's easier to punish his Cyclone and his EX hat got buffed... so... SURELY HE IS A- now -_-

(speaking about tempest) Godlike JI2, S1 is +1, 1,1 is +1, 1,1,2,1,2 breaks armor and it's just -3, 2,1 is -1 and +25 on hit, F1,4 is a useful hard knockdown, his F2 is mid + good range + 11 startup frames + just -1 on block and it is +15 on hit, his F2,1 is hit confirmable, he's got a overhead combo starter and a overhead string (B2,2) which are 18f that's the average speed of overhead combo starters in this game, his F4 is a hard knockdown overhead, his B3,2,1 is a very good normal and string, he's got a lot of low strings - F1,4 (hard knockdown) , F2,1,D1 , F2,3 , F3,D3 ; he's got a divekick which is -38 on block but it's 6f startup and it combos on hit, he's got a 15f mid projectile that can change its trajectory, a godlike special move that is the spin, you can held the animation to trick your oponent, the EX version has armor, it's -28 on block but you don't even need to use it because most times your oponent will respect you, he's got a good teleport and the EX version has armor, he's got the hat spin that is an offensive and defensive toll and the EX version is +7 on block and +40 on hit. He's got much more things. lol.

Tempest is still broken!
Tempest was never broken....I feel like wanting to kill a puppy when someone randomly throws around the word "Broken".

It's interesting that Ferra/Torr seems to be considered upper-mid tier or better with little controversy, yet are simultaneously said to be the character with one of the most 3-7 MUs in the game...

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Sub-Zero or maybe Kenshi probably take the cake on that one
Lackey yeah the other two not so much. It's been mentioned that if a character can cover their bad mu's with a variation change it will be considered in the tier placing. While lackey gets destroyed by gm for example, ruthless and vicious are actually winning this matchup and f/t can cover almost all matchups with their variations. There are some exceptions like shinnok and (some might disagree) takeda though.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Lackey yeah the other two not so much. It's been mentioned that if a character can cover their bad mu's with a variation change it will be considered in the tier placing. While lackey gets destroyed by gm for example, ruthless and vicious are actually winning this matchup and f/t can cover almost all matchups with their variations. There are some exceptions like shinnok and (some might disagree) takeda though.
That's basically what I was thinking

E

Eldriken

This is a pretty solid tier list. Good job, Derptile.

The thread's also surprisingly clean for a tier list. There's the usual shit that comes with these types of threads, but at least it hasn't devolved into the usual nonsense. Props to you folks. =P

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Question: Could Leatherface be moved higher in time? From what I've seen only Butcher received super significant changes in the patch.

The only people playing the character go to Killer, is it possible that Pretty Lady is underdeveloped?
I think Pretty Lady is definitely his most balanced variation, but not neccesarrily his best. The damage and neutral control of Killer is pretty good. Butcher is his worst after they nerfed the vortex

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
:p
Im gonna go ahead and apologize for saying to you a while back that Ermac isn't that good and Kotal is way better. It took me some time but I see how wrong I was on both characters. :)
I appreciate it, but you've no reason to apologise. Everyone has their opinion :)
This is a pretty solid tier list. Good job, Derptile.

The thread's also surprisingly clean for a tier list. There's the usual shit that comes with these types of threads, but at least it hasn't devolved into the usual nonsense. Props to you folks. =P
Shut up bitch :DOGE

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
It's interesting that Ferra/Torr seems to be considered upper-mid tier or better with little controversy, yet are simultaneously said to be the character with one of the most 3-7 MUs in the game...
He has just as many 7-3s as he does 3-7s.
Let that sink in for a moment.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Spectral Ermac is pretty underrated, check out @Nausea 's spectral. It has so much dirt.
Spectral hasn't been explored much, but that doesn't justify his placement. He has plenty of bad match ups, no armored launcher, ass wake up game, he's insanely unsafe, and has no low/overhead strings. I don't understand how he's placed in S tier, but maybe there's some crazy new tech I'm unaware of.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Spectral hasn't been explored much, but that doesn't justify his placement. He has plenty of bad match ups, no armored launcher, ass wake up game, he's insanely unsafe, and has no low/overhead strings. I don't understand how he's placed in S tier, but maybe there's some crazy new tech I'm unaware of.
Spectral is pretty much the exact opposite of what you just said so I'd suggest going into the lab and looking further into Spectral before commenting on it.

haketh

Noob
He doesn't have launching Armor but EX Soul Blast is a good wake up, what are these "plenty" bad MUs?, no low overhead strings? B3 is safe on it's own & confirmable & F43 is safe if you don't wanna commit to the damage.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I'm just happy that someone recognizes Raiden as not being arse. Yes he is balls hard to play in the neutral, but he has a ton of stuff going for him that shouldn't be ignored (hello there 40% 1 bar midscreen and in the corner into a vortex).
I'm not good with Raiden, but he is very fun to play. I love the options Thunder God and Displacer offers in different matchups too.