What's new

Video MKXL / Injustice Twitter Poll - The Evo 2017 Rant by Mitsuownes

UGL Preon

The Casual God
Perspective.

For those who say Mortal Kombat 9 got a third year, what's different?

1.) Mortal Kombat 9 filled a void. Remember the last real release of a Mortal Kombat game with REAL tournament viability/longevity came out in 1995. UMK3 Ports/Remasters aside. The 3D MK games were not moving the meter for people to come out in droves to put up big number at major tournaments. People had been clamoring for a 2D MK game and you finally got it. It was going to sell like hot cakes to all audiences. Even with P1 Advantage, Cyrax, Kabal, Kenshi, Hitbox issues, things happening "100% of the time half the time", large portion of the roster USELESS for tournament play. You were willing to look the other way for THIS game.

2.) Mortal Kombat 9 Came out during a sweet spot. Remember all the other big games that were out were Tekken 6. A game that was in arcade in 2007 (4 years) and on console for 2 years. Marvel V Capcom 3 Vanilla, a game that lasted 7 months before being replaced. Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, Persona 4 Arena & BlazBlue Continuum Shift 2. The Next Year 2012 brought KOF XIII & Soul Calibur 5 (Which a lot agree is the worst of the series). 2013 brought Injustice but remember injustice: Gods Among Us wasn't even a MAIN stage game announcement until 2 months before EVO even happened. Like May they announced it. MK9 Didn't have any real heavy hitting game to knock its spot off until it soon to be NRS replacement IGAU. Cause that is where the pot bonuses were going as well IGAU.

3.) No Expectation of a NEW game to take its place. Now we just expect a new game every 2 years. So the hype tapers off quicker. Injustice was a big suprise to a lot of us. But people right now have been expecting MK XI in 2019 since MKX dropped in 2015.

Injustice Only 2 years?

1.) Injustice Came out during Street Fighter 4s AE end/Ultra's beginning. Melee's resurgence, A new Tekken Tag game. A new Killer Instinct coming for its year 2. New BlazBlue, UMvC3's take off. There are now a SEA size cavalcade of fighting games now with ACTIVE scenes in 2013. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (Version 2012), Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter X Tekken (Version 2013), The King of Fighters XIII, & Persona 4 Arena. for this games 1st year. And our EVO was not the crispest with the Eye Lazer top 8.

2.) Year 2 had Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Ultra Street Fighter IV, The King of Fighters XIII, Killer Instinct, Melee, and BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma In 2015 with MKX looming, there is no way that Injustice would be able to stay with MKX spitting a lot of players attention from Injustice. Along with a new Tekken to go with this list of games. Everybody can't be on the main stage.

Mortal Kombat X 3rd Year?

1.) Doubtful due to almost a participation drop of almost a THIRD of our entrants. A whole THIRD. 66% retention rate is not good.

2.) We as a community now just expect these games to have 2 year turnaround rotations. We're at a point now where we aren't just expecting these game's release. We are calling the DLC cycles and their characters a year before the game even confirms its full day 1 roster.

3.) The Sonic Fox Show. For a lot of spectators they don't necessarily like it when there's one top dog that for the most part goes unchallenged in a game/sport.

4.) A lot of players who do play this game have painted MKX as the 50/50 armor everywhere game that's scrubby. Sometimes in jest but that's never a good look for any scene.

5.) With all the games coming out like Tekken 7 (console), MvC Infinite for now UMvC3, BlazBlue Central Fiction (console), SFV Season 2, KOF XIV, 2 Smash Games, XRD Revalator, and Injustice 2. Thats NINE games for main stage purposes. And its ALREADY crowded as hell. Fitting another main stager we'd be at a historic 10 games. They wouldn't use it on a game that lost a third of its players in year 2.

End.
I did this once.
Edit: I'm a nerd. GG

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
you classified me as an hater who does nothing for the community then said you might have missed my contributions, nice OS

take a better look at eu beside foxy, the twins madzin and few others: we're more active than ever
but I really don't know why we're discussing this, the subject is another

If I might make this personaI, I just want you to resume those RHS in which you bring people from EU to play against NA names
or those tech against xxx like you did with alien

other than that my posts were clear enough, this community has to grow and the criticism is not against those who have made big contributions rather an encouragement to keep things going and not fall for the same behaviour of the haters and the lower tiers in the community

and no one is really on the "permanent did something wrong once list"
That's what I have and will continue to do w RHS

So now I feel you're just picking a fight/argument for no reason. Everything you're saying I do and have supported eu Russia NA everywhere

Pig Of The Hut

Majors: Are a crucial responsibility for players/community members. The more that show up, consistently, the more it shows the devs we support the game and our community can support itself.

Using examples from recent events:

NEC: KP says he won't even attend an event unless he's doing top 8 commentary. Saying he's earned it. Rightfully maybe he has earned it, but broadcasting this selfish attitude to thousands isn't helping anyone.

From you, on twitter or TYM I can't recall atm: it costs $500ish to attend an event and you have to make 3rd just to break even most times.

This is true, but the community for whatever reason is so focused on winning events that they miss the entire purpose of majors which is meeting one another and all around having a good weekend playing the game(s) we all share together. So, posts like above can scare people into saying "screw it I know I won't win what's the point? + there's lots of younger guys unsponsored/in college who just don't have those funds on deck which many will say "anyone can go to an event if they 'really' wanted to." Which again, is just condescending and an insult to peoples personal life.

Stream #s: Probably just like events attendance, the interest wears off or people don't find their place in the "ranks" of the other players/stream monsters, they tune out.

Or they don't find anyone who still streams that they like.

People WANT to feel they have a place in the community. Even if they're the lowest of the low rank. Especially those who are newer than others. If we as a community are more accepting to people it'd be 10x better, but most just seem they wanna be Mr.Right or Mr.Matter of fact most times especially in stream chats.

These are just things I've heard about or experienced myself along the way. It may not be the only issues preventing our scene from growing as it should but its certainly a percentage.

*I only replied to your comment, its not directed toward you*
To be completely fair I was criticized heavily by so many for encouraging people to go to majors and spend that $ to travel oddly by the opposite ( some being the same people ) criticized for saying don't go because it's not worth it unless you place 1-3rd

Either way I'll keep doing what I do

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Majors: Are a crucial responsibility for players/community members. The more that show up, consistently, the more it shows the devs we support the game and our community can support itself.

Using examples from recent events:

NEC: KP says he won't even attend an event unless he's doing top 8 commentary. Saying he's earned it. Rightfully maybe he has earned it, but broadcasting this selfish attitude to thousands isn't helping anyone
Reading in that context, that's douchey. Hopefully there's more to it.

This is true, but the community for whatever reason is so focused on winning events
Shouldn't they, though? This seems to me like a big problem as well. Everyone got so content with the established guard that it seems no one is actively trying, and then you have people who say that it doesn't matter because the game sucks and takes no active skill to be good at, and you create a tremendous apathy. The desire to win and beat the guys on top should be a great motivator, but except for a select few, this drive seems to not exist. It's a real shame, because in years past that was often one of the most exciting parts of the Road to Evo.

If we as a community are more accepting to people it'd be 10x better
I don't know if this is a community thing more than a game thing. The games we play are terribly unforgiving to the casual tournament player, and this is a huge reason why attendance drops massively. This is not an exclusive issue; this issue also plagues Tekken, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, KI, and any other games that have odd release cycles and version after version that must be acclimated to in order to have a chance against even the lowest level diehard player.

This may sound like a strange concept, but from asking around my local SF and local KI communites, I have found it to be true. The majority, by a vast amount (I'd wager as high as 95%, maybe more) of tournament players are tricked into the idea that they might place well based on their cumulative experience. If they have a passing interest in a game, they often enter because they feel they can do okay and like supporting the game. This is a huge part of what drives high turnouts for SF, Marvel, Melee, and other big draw games.

NRS games and others have this dead middle ground where they don't draw these players because the games are so suited to diehard players that they lose out on the casual player who may just like MK and want to play in the tournament and feel like they can do well. Again, it's an odd complaint, and it may not make very much sense, but it's a very real thing.

How does one address that problem? I'm really not sure; luckily, MKX had a pretty big growth, with two very well populated Evos, bigger than ever. So maybe this problem will slowly go away as more and more companies adopt the patch cycles that we have had for years.

Having said that, I'm not sure community growth is really an issue; with the advent of online events like ESL and Kombat Kup and continuous pot bonus support, tournaments are pretty healthily attended. It's not SF levels, but I would say a niche community it's pretty good.

My hope is that people move past the idea of being the "mainstream" as the preferred goal, because it will probably never come. What should matter is having a healthy tournament scene, which the game seems to have. What may be a bigger problem is people acting like there is a bigger problem than there actually is. Community goobers sharing their salt with everyone and trying to push this narrative that the game is dying because they seemingly can't move on is probably the bigger (still relatively small) issue.

Reading in that context, that's douchey. Hopefully there's more to it.

Shouldn't they, though? This seems to me like a big problem as well. Everyone got so content with the established guard that it seems no one is actively trying, and then you have people who say that it doesn't matter because the game sucks and takes no active skill to be good at, and you create a tremendous apathy. The desire to win and beat the guys on top should be a great motivator, but except for a select few, this drive seems to not exist. It's a real shame, because in years past that was often one of the most exciting parts of the Road to Evo.

I don't know if this is a community thing more than a game thing. The games we play are terribly unforgiving to the casual tournament player, and this is a huge reason why attendance drops massively. This is not an exclusive issue; this issue also plagues Tekken, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, KI, and any other games that have odd release cycles and version after version that must be acclimated to in order to have a chance against even the lowest level diehard player.

This may sound like a strange concept, but from asking around my local SF and local KI communites, I have found it to be true. The majority, by a vast amount (I'd wager as high as 95%, maybe more) of tournament players are tricked into the idea that they might place well based on their cumulative experience. If they have a passing interest in a game, they often enter because they feel they can do okay and like supporting the game. This is a huge part of what drives high turnouts for SF, Marvel, Melee, and other big draw games.

NRS games and others have this dead middle ground where they don't draw these players because the games are so suited to diehard players that they lose out on the casual player who may just like MK and want to play in the tournament and feel like they can do well. Again, it's an odd complaint, and it may not make very much sense, but it's a very real thing.

How does one address that problem? I'm really not sure; luckily, MKX had a pretty big growth, with two very well populated Evos, bigger than ever. So maybe this problem will slowly go away as more and more companies adopt the patch cycles that we have had for years.

Having said that, I'm not sure community growth is really an issue; with the advent of online events like ESL and Kombat Kup and continuous pot bonus support, tournaments are pretty healthily attended. It's not SF levels, but I would say a niche community it's pretty good.

My hope is that people move past the idea of being the "mainstream" as the preferred goal, because it will probably never come. What should matter is having a healthy tournament scene, which the game seems to have. What may be a bigger problem is people acting like there is a bigger problem than there actually is. Community goobers sharing their salt with everyone and trying to push this narrative that the game is dying because they seemingly can't move on is probably the bigger (still relatively small) issue.
Winning should totally be a goal, but not the ONLY reason to go. Everyone wants to play well, and place high. Every competitor does. But only one player can win any given event. There will always be a 1st, 2nd, 3rd. I know you know this already.

And yes the first point was a thing. Go back and watch NEC VODs if you must. Not trying to start shit, but it was a real thing said to everyone watching. If we are trying to have a thriving community, and push people to go for the "experience" while having top figure heads saying things like that... Well its a bit of hypocricy.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Please don't comment on other community figure heads for different games in a positive light. SFV gets trashed on CONSTANTLY by its own players. Yet the players invest full time into it knowing that the game will receive support/content down the line and changes are almost certain; even if they just have to ride the current season out.

NRS keep us massively in the dark about everything. They never commit to an announcement and it is usually superceded with a trollish style comment on twitter that we have to guess is true or not.

As of right now we don't know if the game is being supported again (ever) so when another title that will get a ton of support on the outset and probably an actual league, I'd say players frustrations toward MKX are merited.

The whole game (especially pc version) has been one big troll.
Yet people continued to play and hype up Marvel long after developer support ceased and the publisher lost the license to the franchise. Long after pot bonuses, patches, and balance updates they were still playing it, *and* getting excited about it, hyping up rivalries like KBR vs Champ etc. K Brad and Mike Ross were still getting on commentary and making every match exciting.

Why?

Because to them it was about the community. The people. Having fun. And not about blaming the developer for supposedly not giving you what you should be providing yourselves -- enthusiasm and togetherness.

Nintendo tried to actively discourage people from playing older versions of Smash, all their money and support is going towards Smash 4, and the Melee community doesn't care -- they are going to cart their CRTs and play it anyway. They can't even play on normal setups but they make it happen.

But you're saying you can't play say, MKX because you're not sure if you'll get a pot bonus or a patch? It's a little bit humorous in context. To me that shows no backbone, and is just trying to pass blame on to the developer for the community's own issues.

This is why I've never liked this excuse.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I'm not huge on community shit and I probably have no say in this matter because of tournament attendance. Also the fact I no longer play MKX (I WILL however be playing inj2)

But, considerations like this would never happen if people stopped TALKING about going to tournaments and actually went.

If NRS is shelling out 10K pot bonuses and can barely get 100 people out to these events, how's that supposed to look for EVO.

So for all those saying "we" are being treated unfairly. It's not us as the casual viewers and online warriors, it's the ones that actually go these events. And seeing as those that do still travel are the small minority nowadays it's no surprise this question has came up.

If I was running EVO MKXL wouldn't even be considered. Especially after seeing the numbers it did first year and knowing Injustice 2 can possibly bring that same amount in.

It's the community that keeps games alive. Not the developer, not the tournament organizers, not the publishers. Not anyone else besides the players.

Pig Of The Hut

What may be a bigger problem is people acting like there is a bigger problem than there actually is. Community goobers sharing their salt with everyone and trying to push this narrative that the game is dying because they seemingly can't move on is probably the bigger (still relatively small) issue.
If this is directed at me passively I've just stated without esl and evo the game's tournament life prognosis isn't good. I haven't said anything offbase about this

EMPEROR PRYCE

One last thing, if MKX does make it to EVO it's still not an accomplishment unless it gets a decent following of entrants.

This community is the worst for sure. You don't see Justin Wong and Chris G, bashing Marvel, like PL and Pig do MKX. Stream chats and low level players crying is fine and will always happen, but when the big voices are constantly negative, sucks bruh.
... yes they do. I swear you just say things without any knowledge what so ever. Holy crap.

Apparently you don't watch their streams. Chris g went on an absolute tirade a few weeks ago PUBLICALLY. many players that were at capcom cup ARE PUBLICALLY TRASHING THE GAME.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
If this is directed at me passively I've just stated without esl and evo the game's tournament life prognosis isn't good. I haven't said anything offbase about this
"this game does not exist by many, people stopped caring mostly except like the perennial 10-20 who love it"

That's from Twitter, and from a conversation where two guys were just honestly stating that they hoped the game wouldn't "die" because people were saying it. There's just no reason to pump up that kind of rhetoric to dudes that care, it's just mean spirited. I may not be the biggest Tweedy fan, but God bless for standing up for the game he likes to play. Not many would do it.

MK9 only got a third year because they were unsure of Injustice but still needed to throw the NRS community a bone.

Later Injustice got moneyhatted in and we got 2 NRS games because they couldn't just remove MK9 after announcing it.
and what came out? one of the best mk9 tournaments in the games history. denzells fantastic cyrax vs the kabal gauntlet was just epic. games become more fun to watch the better the players are - and they get better as the game ages. so older games are actually better to watch. mkx has its balance now, why not play it out like mvc 3? tbh i think mkxs life should just be beginning...

Pig Of The Hut

"this game does not exist by many, people stopped caring mostly except like the perennial 10-20 who love it"

That's from Twitter, and from a conversation where two guys were just honestly stating that they hoped the game wouldn't "die" because people were saying it. There's just no reason to pump up that kind of rhetoric to dudes that care, it's just mean spirited. I may not be the biggest Tweedy fan, but God bless for standing up for the game he likes to play. Not many would do it.
Fair point and that was in response to "why do you think it won't be at evo" and that was one of my honest points.

I agree with you the people who love their game need to back it up/pump it up but also support it by actually attending tourneys

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
How does one address that problem? I'm really not sure; luckily, MKX had a pretty big growth, with two very well populated Evos, bigger than ever. So maybe this problem will slowly go away as more and more

What may be a bigger problem is people acting like there is a bigger problem than there actually is. Community goobers sharing their salt with everyone and trying to push this narrative that the game is dying because they seemingly can't move on is probably the bigger (still relatively small) issue.
Yeah -- I'd venture that having 700 people at EVO is not a problem at all, but is us just being the proper size for our community and the niche game that we play.

Let's look at the rest of the 2016 numbers for comparison (excluding SFV's 5000 and Melee/Smash 4's 2000+, because those are anomalies and the FGC's biggest absolute game franchises going back over a decade).

Guilty Gear: 910
UMvC3: 782
MKX: 718
KI: 546
Tekken 7: 549

And then there's Pokken with 1000, which people clearly just entered for the heck of it and doesn't really have any kind of lasting FGC footprint.

So In my opinion, those numbers in our second year say we are right where we needed to be: not the FGC's most popular game (and we shouldn't be, or will ever be), but in the same general participation range as a number of other flagship games at EVO.

We will continue to grow if we focus on growth from within (by creating a positive/energetic environment for people that come in) and good self-promotion (like the Smash Bros. doc that made hundreds more people interested in signing up to play SB at tournaments)

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
P.S. KI had under 350 people in its EVO debut, Tekken Tag 2 debuted with 355, BlazBlue 508, and Xrd 968. KoF XIII went from over 1000 players in 2012 to just under 450 in 2013.

So basically, having over 1000 players your first year is something unusual (at this point in history), and it's something you should be happy about. It's rarely happened and it's a cool showing that doesn't really represent the true size of your game's community.

Being big is not something that just happens to you, it's something you have to earn over time. Capcom has built it by hosting their own events for over 20 years. Smash Bros Melee->4 has built, lost, and then built momentum with their own support for over a decade.

Last edited:

haketh

Noob
Yea I honestly can't name you one positive thing any of the haters in here have ever done for the community including Haketh shura hippo

They need to step it up
Uuuuuuh I'm constantly doing stuff locally & trying to help people get out to & into the games locally so what. Hell I'm even travelling out to Chicago for Frosty this January to enter MKX & meet people from the scene & volunteered to help with things despite not being able to practice in months what.

Last edited:

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I'll be honest. I think this community reaps what it sows.

I'm not going to argue numbers or tournament numbers or pot bonuses but numbers people don't talk about that really should matter.

Casuals. Basically there would be no tweet if more people played the game. Where are the same number of people who bought the game showing up to events? Including myself. This should be the only question and answer to this tweet.

Its true. So many people have put down this game From top players and their followers to posters here alike are guilty. We make it out with stupid questions like can 2 nrs games live side by side? Will we get added support for mkxl & what about evo 2017? Ignoring the issuses like lets rally to make mkxl at evo and bring in new people to compeate.

It's left a negative impact to new people who should be excited to try a new mk game and be welcomed to the mk community but how can that happen when on social media, streams and forums continue to shit on the game.

Change the attitude and the way things are in the community and support the game while bringing in new players then you'll have your numbers and support for many more evo's to come. But in the meantime

You reap what you sow.

So instead talking non issues lets see how we can get more people to come out and support the game who are more able to instead of talking about how bad the game is.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
A lot of people are talking about people shitting on the game is a huge effect on how others look at the game. But they should be able to form their own opinion on the game and not be sheep and follow what everyone says. If i listened to what people said during injustice i would of never continued to try and play it. And there was A LOT of hate for it at the start and even til the end. Being said by a lot of key players in the community. Did i listen to what they said. NOPE. I continued to play the game cause i enjoyed the game. I found an offline scene, went to it and continued to play. Yall can do the same instead of being sheep listening to what players say. Form your own opinion about the game. If you enjoy MKX enter the offline/online events they have. Meet people from it and ask for games. If you don't enjoy it like myself just chill back. Ill still watch MKX, Enter from time to time just to help and show some community support even though i hate the game and am waiting for Injustice 2.

TLDR: Don't be fucking Sheep. If you like it keep playing and ignore what people say.

Pig Of The Hut

A lot of people are talking about people shitting on the game is a huge effect on how others look at the game. But they should be able to form their own opinion on the game and not be sheep and follow what everyone says. If i listened to what people said during injustice i would of never continued to try and play it. And there was A LOT of hate for it at the start and even til the end. Being said by a lot of key players in the community. Did i listen to what they said. NOPE. I continued to play the game cause i enjoyed the game. I found an offline scene, went to it and continued to play. Yall can do the same instead of being sheep listening to what players say. Form your own opinion about the game. If you enjoy MKX enter the offline/online events they have. Meet people from it and ask for games. If you don't enjoy it like myself just chill back. Ill still watch MKX, Enter from time to time just to help and show some community support even though i hate the game and am waiting for Injustice 2.

TLDR: Don't be fucking Sheep. If you like it keep playing and ignore what people say.
Also those in here bitching the most at myself and others do not ever support the offline scene, travel, enter majors, add anything of substance in terms of content, don't stream, don't send players to events, don't organize tournaments, Etc.

But they do find time and energy to come here and bitch passive aggressively.

I don't see these guys becoming the faces and leaders of the community, nor a single effort made to do so. I also don't see them pumping up their game and supporting it. Pretty shit if u ask me

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Yet people continued to play and hype up Marvel long after developer support ceased and the publisher lost the license to the franchise. Long after pot bonuses, patches, and balance updates they were still playing it, *and* getting excited about it, hyping up rivalries like KBR vs Champ etc. K Brad and Mike Ross were still getting on commentary and making every match exciting.

Why?

Because to them it was about the community. The people. Having fun. And not about blaming the developer for supposedly not giving you what you should be providing yourselves -- enthusiasm and togetherness.

Nintendo tried to actively discourage people from playing older versions of Smash, all their money and support is going towards Smash 4, and the Melee community doesn't care -- they are going to cart their CRTs and play it anyway. They can't even play on normal setups but they make it happen.

But you're saying you can't play say, MKX because you're not sure if you'll get a pot bonus or a patch? It's a little bit humorous in context. To me that shows no backbone, and is just trying to pass blame on to the developer for the community's own issues.

This is why I've never liked this excuse.
Gaming has changed massively over the last few years.

Its easy to chop and change and publishers are scumbags with how they showcase new games, with many features cut from the final game. Its abundantly clear that hype and initial sales are far more important than a quality product. They just promise the next big thing and the current generation of gamers just hop from game to game hoping to get their fix and the developers love it.

If NRS announced tommorrow KP3 and the next season of ESL, with a huge prize pot, do you think any less people would turn up at EVO next year? I doubt it. In fact, one could argue more would sign up for MKX in addition to INJ2 which might be their main game now; the once shelved MKX being their side game and something to have fun with.

Older games are older games, if people grew up with an experience they will remember it fondly. I occasionally play games I enjoyed in my childhood even if they aren't good now. My brain still enjoys them.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Also those in here bitching the most at myself and others do not ever support the offline scene, travel, enter majors, add anything of substance in terms of content, don't stream, don't send players to events, don't organize tournaments, Etc.

But they do find time and energy to come here and bitch passive aggressively.

I don't see these guys becoming the faces and leaders of the community, nor a single effort made to do so. I also don't see them pumping up their game and supporting it. Pretty shit if u ask me
They bitch about the people who have the Biggest Face. I see plenty of people complain about mkx who aren't the people like You, Reo, Tom, Etc. But people don't see that or they choose to not see that. Idk why. A good chunk of people on this site/Trolls/Twitch trolls/etc. Will never bother entering anything. All they will do is complain about people complaining and say shit behind a keyboard. Isn't the internet great. Lol.
If they really cared about the game they would do what i said above. Just play the game ignore what others say and go on with their day

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
IMO, shitting on the game really only affects those who don't play the game. Which means, it doesn't really do any damage as far as tournament entrants are concerned.

I think the simple answer is that people get tired of the game because NRS games seem to be almost purposely made not to last. Not only do they seem to be made that way, the business model supports that theory. Although NRS has done a lot better with continual support of MKX than they did with MK9 and Injustice, it's still the same rotation.

In my case, I got bored of the game. It was hard to level up when the main reason for losing was guessing wrong (Not the only reason, but when I looked at my matches, the #1 reason I was losing so much health was guessing wrong). I like mind games and footsies. Integrated 30/30/30 guessing isn't what I mean by mind games.

Main point, make a great game built to last, and we could break the 2-3 year NRS rotation. This is just my opinion though, of course.

EMPEROR PRYCE

Except tweedy himself has said if there isn't money involved it's not worth his time to travel or be there.

That's not how you build a community, that's how you kill it.

He may love the game, but he sure doesn't act like it with that attitude.

I don't even play the game anymore but I still try to attend locals every now and then.