What's new

Video MKXL / Injustice Twitter Poll - The Evo 2017 Rant by Mitsuownes

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
i feel like people like this don't know what makes a game bad. no it's not 50/50's or reset city every game has that literally every game. both smash and marvel have way worse mix ups. they touch you once and you're dead is a common thing. The real problem is people like you who say bullshit like this.
you can have the most broke shit in a game if everyone has it it's fine shit. When you say 'service' dude you're the one asking for service. you're saying make the game play the way you want the game to be rather than adjust to what you're giving.

I play/watch a stupid amount of fighting games and mortal kombat is by far my favorite and probably objectively the best. The graphics are sick sound is sick character personalities sick character gameplay design for the most part is sick. Pig says stuff like kenshi/tanya/alien have bad character design which i disagree with completely. What the characters and their variations are supposed to do at their core is really cool and unique they just executed it badly and for the most part they've fixed.

There is absolutely no difference between complaining about 50/50's and complaining about zoning. In fact the only real difference between the two is you can avoid 50/50 situations but you can't avoid zoning
I said their design and balance

Pig Of The Hut

Please don't comment on other community figure heads for different games in a positive light. SFV gets trashed on CONSTANTLY by its own players. Yet the players invest full time into it knowing that the game will receive support/content down the line and changes are almost certain; even if they just have to ride the current season out.

NRS keep us massively in the dark about everything. They never commit to an announcement and it is usually superceded with a trollish style comment on twitter that we have to guess is true or not.

As of right now we don't know if the game is being supported again (ever) so when another title that will get a ton of support on the outset and probably an actual league, I'd say players frustrations toward MKX are merited.

The whole game (especially pc version) has been one big troll.
People have blinders on

Pig Of The Hut

Not sure why players mention me as a negative asset to the community for MKX or feel the need to bring up my name for all the reasons regarding MKX in a bad way. I'm not talking about just here since I've seen it on other social media as well. It's like no one focuses on the positives and some people would rather just point and scold you for anything bad you've done and put it on the "permanent did something wrong once list".

Yeah, I complain about MKX sometimes but you don't take into the account that usually when ever I complain or get salty about a character or game mechanic it's after about 6 / 8+ HOURS of consecutive game playing with no breaks. Am I supposed to apologize for being human and falling victim to the salt occasionally when playing and enduring for so long? I would like to see players play MKX for 8 hours straight without getting annoyed or salty at a certain point when things just happen. There's only so much continuous mix-ups and restands one can take before they eventually start to roll their eyes.

But as far as me being a negative, no one mentions that I've spotted many players before at tournaments when they'd ask for me to cover their entry fee. I sponsored Zyphox to SCR with full flight and everything. I even sponsored Michaelangelo to BOTH NEC and KIT coming up with full flight and registration. I even go out of my way sometimes to support tournaments by registering for them and adding to numbers of entrance (even free ones like Kombat Kup) knowing that I can't make all tournaments and sometimes won't be able to play. None of this is even counting all the tech videos, buying MKX copies for people, character guides, countless players I take the time to help, etc. etc.

I mean if someone like this is really worth mentioning as one of the absolute negatives and detrimental cancers to MKX, then it really makes you wonder.
You and I both.

I've always supporting players, highlighting them for sponsors to pick them up (tweedy, destroyer, rye, etc)
And sent some to tournaments myself for a game I dislike but a community I do

Yea I honestly can't name you one positive thing any of the haters in here have ever done for the community including Haketh shura hippo

They need to step it up

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
Case in point: GG Xrd had two DLC characters that were incredibly strong, and nobody actually cared because the community wouldn't stand for jackasses who don't actively play at a high level trying to bring the game down because of it. Here? I don't even have to say because you know the answer.
Isn't Guilty Gear's community super niche though?
To attend an event costs $500-$600

You would need to place top 3 to break even or make money. When I said the money is gone I'm referring to evo and esl for the game.

I stopped streaming in October to take a break until this past Sunday and I have bowed out competing since evo. I still like to stream because I honestly like the people who come to my streams and it's fun to shoot the shit w dragon, tom, crimson etc and sometimes it pays a little @shura30
For the sake of argument, If Zod is included in Inj2, would you consider playing in EVO if its represented and such?

Tweedy

Noob
I already dmed Pig.

But I wanted to apologize publicly for saying that he's too negative.

He doesn't owe the community anything and already does a lot. Not to mention my perception might be a little off, since i'm more involved in this community, than the capcom community or whatever.

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
For inj2 I'm going to pick one character I love and want to play and one that is absolutely f ing broke (top5)

If ZOD is in he will cover the first option
Zod wasn't that broken, was he? (I only played casually on Injustice,so forgive my lack of knowledge)
On the same tier as Bat-girl and Martian Manhunter?

Pig Of The Hut

Zod wasn't that broken, was he? (I only played casually on Injustice,so forgive my lack of knowledge)
On the same tier as Bat-girl and Martian Manhunter?
Yea ZOD was top4 and on same broken level as Aqua mmh flash batgirl

I'm assuming he will be hella neutered and toned down a ton if he's in injustice 2 so he won't cover my character for top5 so a new character will have to.

I expect all legacy characters to come out completely neutered. I expect brand new additions to be way stronger

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
Evo should be able to accommodate both games, I know two nrs games may seem crazy but the support of the players is still there. I mean I'm sure KI will be there (I do like ki) but they have the lowest numbers every tourney I've been to

Please don't comment on other community figure heads for different games in a positive light. SFV gets trashed on CONSTANTLY by its own players. Yet the players invest full time into it knowing that the game will receive support/content down the line and changes are almost certain; even if they just have to ride the current season out.

NRS keep us massively in the dark about everything. They never commit to an announcement and it is usually superceded with a trollish style comment on twitter that we have to guess is true or not.

As of right now we don't know if the game is being supported again (ever) so when another title that will get a ton of support on the outset and probably an actual league, I'd say players frustrations toward MKX are merited.

The whole game (especially pc version) has been one big troll.
Totally agree with this. NRS has got to be open, and welcome, to working WITH the community a lot more rather than trying to work FOR the community.

I think a lot of responsibility lies in the community as well. Every patch people find something they deem as broken, or "why does my character not have this", etc.

There's two sides here that neither compliment each other but should:

Side 1 (NRS): Highly cryptic with info, teases things with no real merit behind it, leaves community guessing, devs troll community members on TYM/Twitter.

Side 2 (community): never satisfied, feel disconnected from NRS, still block Kotal pressure (in other words, don't actually lab as much as they should outside of combo damage), drop the game/community too quick

So theres logic on both sides and the majority of the problem is the disconnect between Devs and the community. People *continue* to complain because they feel their voice isn't heard. On the flip side, people complain about things that aren't real in the game too.

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
Yea ZOD was top4 and on same broken level as Aqua mmh flash batgirl

I'm assuming he will be hella neutered and toned down a ton if he's in injustice 2 so he won't cover my character for top5 so a new character will have to.

I expect all legacy characters to come out completely neutered. I expect brand new additions to be way stronger
From what I'm seeing and from people are over-reacting, Super Girl might be the Cassie Cage of Inj2.
Blue Beetle looking like D'Vorah and Deadshot a mix of Erron Black and Deadshot. Even with the character initially released, don't you think NRS will give the cast a Day1 patch once they see the bugs or unfair stuff which are common in their games?

Pig Of The Hut

From what I'm seeing and from people are over-reacting, Super Girl might be the Cassie Cage of Inj2.
Blue Beetle looking like D'Vorah and Deadshot a mix of Erron Black and Deadshot. Even with the character initially released, don't you think NRS will give the cast a Day1 patch once they see the bugs or unfair stuff which are common in their games?
I think supergirl has "UH OH " written all over her

There's rumored to be 40-50 characters in the game so I'm just gonna wait and see the cast then explore each

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
I think supergirl has "UH OH " written all over her

There's rumored to be 40-50 characters in the game so I'm just gonna wait and see the cast then explore each
At least she doesn't have a butterface anymore.

40-50 characters? That doesn't have "balancing" problem written all over it. oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pig Of The Hut

At least she doesn't have a butterface anymore.

40-50 characters? That doesn't have "balancing" problem written all over it. oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well technically it's less than mkxl 30+ characters each w three variations also I'm assuming 20 of those minimally are legacy characters already made just rebalanced

shura30

Shura
Yea I honestly can't name you one positive thing any of the haters in here have ever done for the community including Haketh shura hippo

They need to step it up
well, try and pay attention to the EU side of things for once

we're doing everything we can despite being second class citizens when it comes to offline support

we proportionally travel as much as NA does without begging sponsors or bitching about it being expensive while asking people over the internet to fund almost 2000 dollars for a weekend

Pig Of The Hut

well, try and pay attention to the EU side of things for once

we're doing everything we can despite being second class citizens when it comes to offline support

we proportionally travel as much as NA does without begging sponsors or bitching about it being expensive while asking people over the internet to fund almost 2000 dollars for a weekend
The last part: None of that applies to me at all

I've paid attention to EU since 2011, I was one of the key people who originally got the EU best players here, I know of all your worthy players, saying I don't pay attention to EU is a desperate criticism.

Offline locals are dead, no matter how hard you work on this I fear your efforts will go to waste. I'm Really not sure what you're asking of me. If you're saying "pay attention to me and what I'm doing over here" well I pay attention to every scene and I haven't heard of your efforts. So I either I missed it or they haven't been executed well. If others benefited then that's cool I'm just sorry I'm not familiar w them

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
No I mean a 70% drop off

Like example 1000 to 300

That's an example. I know the drop off was steep. I remember 70% could have been 65%
it went from 1162 to 767 i think, something along those lines, theres always a drop off year 2 for nrs games, however, I think the drop was more significant for both ij1 and mk9 from 1st to 2nd year.

If you look at the numbers for each year of each game you'll see that despite the drop off in numbers for mkx, its still grown in comparison to mk9 and inj1.

Pig Of The Hut

it went from 1162 to 767 i think, something along those lines, theres always a drop off year 2 for nrs games, however, I think the drop was more significant for both ij1 and mk9 from 1st to 2nd year.

If you look at the numbers for each year of each game you'll see that despite the drop off in numbers for mkx, its still grown in comparison to mk9 and inj1.
Yea keep scrolling I corrected it 40%

So, there's a lot of info with attendance drops and which scene is "better" but no matter what the answer is, it doesn't solve any issue.

The answer is what is the 'cause' of these numbers and how to rectify it.

Skedar70

Noob
So, there's a lot of info with attendance drops and which scene is "better" but no matter what the answer is, it doesn't solve any issue.

Well there is going to be naturally a drop. v MK is a game that casuals buy more than any other fighting game because of its legacy and when they just bought the game and they see info of a tourney they will naturally try it out. Then they realize how much work is actually needed to get good at it and drop it.

But the numbers from game to game are getting better because some people stick to the games and turn from casuals to competitors. However, when some of the interested search info on how to get better and they see all the toxic negativity and bashing of the game they just assume its true and drop the game. This is something we need to rectify in order to make the numbers grow faster instead of scaring people away from the community.

Sure there was some balance issues but people turned a blind eye on everything else that is good about MKX which is a lot.

Pig Of The Hut

The question applies for majors, evo and stream #s

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Thoughts of Biggs while reading this thread...

>Notice how everyone in this thread saying MKX isn't that bad is new to the community.

>I don't understand why people support EVO for NRS games so much when they have repeatedly fkd you all over.

>The reason MKX is dying is because people do not have fun playing it. This could be because of the balance or some other reasons. I'll leave that up to you to decide.

>MKX is not a complex game to understand. A game like Marvel might be more broken, but Marvel is way harder to play when compared to MKX.

shura30

Shura
I'm Really not sure what you're asking of me.
you classified me as an hater who does nothing for the community then said you might have missed my contributions, nice OS

take a better look at eu beside foxy, the twins madzin and few others: we're more active than ever
but I really don't know why we're discussing this, the subject is another

If I might make this personaI, I just want you to resume those RHS in which you bring people from EU to play against NA names
or those tech against xxx like you did with alien

other than that my posts were clear enough, this community has to grow and the criticism is not against those who have made big contributions rather an encouragement to keep things going and not fall for the same behaviour of the haters and the lower tiers in the community

and no one is really on the "permanent did something wrong once list"

The question applies for majors, evo and stream #s
Majors: Are a crucial responsibility for players/community members. The more that show up, consistently, the more it shows the devs we support the game and our community can support itself.

Using examples from recent events:

NEC: KP says he won't even attend an event unless he's doing top 8 commentary. Saying he's earned it. Rightfully maybe he has earned it, but broadcasting this selfish attitude to thousands isn't helping anyone.

From you, on twitter or TYM I can't recall atm: it costs $500ish to attend an event and you have to make 3rd just to break even most times.

This is true, but the community for whatever reason is so focused on winning events that they miss the entire purpose of majors which is meeting one another and all around having a good weekend playing the game(s) we all share together. So, posts like above can scare people into saying "screw it I know I won't win what's the point? + there's lots of younger guys unsponsored/in college who just don't have those funds on deck which many will say "anyone can go to an event if they 'really' wanted to." Which again, is just condescending and an insult to peoples personal life.

Stream #s: Probably just like events attendance, the interest wears off or people don't find their place in the "ranks" of the other players/stream monsters, they tune out.

Or they don't find anyone who still streams that they like.

People WANT to feel they have a place in the community. Even if they're the lowest of the low rank. Especially those who are newer than others. If we as a community are more accepting to people it'd be 10x better, but most just seem they wanna be Mr.Right or Mr.Matter of fact most times especially in stream chats.

These are just things I've heard about or experienced myself along the way. It may not be the only issues preventing our scene from growing as it should but its certainly a percentage.

*I only replied to your comment, its not directed toward you*