What's new

Combo List - Cyrax MKXL Cyrax Combo Thread *NEW 29th March PATCH*

I really like using this combo F43, ExDB4, 21, DB1, DD3, RC, B2 (Reset) to Punish. Still working to maximize his punish for max dmg. Or Good reset. New here I Don't know what everything mean

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
I really like using this combo F43, ExDB4, 21, DB1, DD3, RC, B2 (Reset) to Punish. Still working to maximize his punish for max dmg. Or Good reset. New here I Don't know what everything mean
i think you're inputs are wrong bro on tym the legend goes like this xbox: 1=X 2=Y 3=A 4=B
ps4: 1=square 2=triangle 3=X 4=circle
if they're correct can u explain the db1 input cause doing that meterless doesn't continue combo

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
HTB setups that can not be back-dashed, armor-broken, or jumped out of. See both videos for proof.

The meterless combo ranges from 36-39%. Depends on if they try back-dashing, armor, or neither. (The first hit of an armor-break goes un-scaled, 2nd hit actually starts the combo.)

The 1-bar combo ranges from 49-52%. Same idea as above.
The meterless version above is a little difficult to time correctly online, so I've just been doing the 33% BnB combo instead. However, I've been getting away with murder with the 1-bar reset HTB combo. I highly recommend people do this.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/mkxl-cyrax-combo-thread-new-29th-march-patch.59646/page-5#post-2076587 <- this more-damaging version I came up with a few weeks ago is really difficult to do online, so I really haven't been doing it at all.

Last edited:

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Okay am I crazy or do Cyrax combos not work 100% on female characters?

Edit: Nope, I'm just bad at games. ignore.

Last edited:

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
@xxFalcon Loverxx @scarsunseen when will we see a twitch stream from you showcasing this in ranked? I'm curious to see how consistently everyone else is able to implement their strategies against randoms.
As for me, i can't live stream since my internet is really bad. I can record my matches showcasing these strategies and upload them on youtube then link it here.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Ending a corner combo with 114-close bomb is completely safe and leads to an oki setup.

This is a Cassie-specific corner setup because her ex-nut punch wakeup is invincible. You MUST crouch-block to punish. If you stand-block, you're pushed back too far to punish.

This is a Demo Sonya-specific corner setup. You have to be aware of her 2-grenade wakeup and must be fast to punish with 11.

You can bait and punish wakeup throws.

(auto-block turned on)

Last edited:

SkyratiK

The game session is no longer available.
Is there a thread explaining some strategies or anything that would help you in a match setting? I have the combos down but I find myself struggling in matches.

cyrax is still nice and doesnt absolutely need buffs but personally think his armor is on the wrong move. the only reason to ex teleport is for armor since if your opponents close enough to get hit hes either blocking and will full combo punish or is attacking hence u need armor. want it to either combo after like it used to or for bombs or net to get armor. if teleport gets that it would still be full combo punished and have bad hitboxxes. also if air grabs nerfed ill probably stop playing him. its my favourite move to travel

musgrave000

Cyrax on rax on rax
Is there a thread explaining some strategies or anything that would help you in a match setting? I have the combos down but I find myself struggling in matches.
Honestly I'm not sure about a thread, but what I've done is watched Mustard's Hypespotting footage to get a general sense of post-patch playstyle and little tweaks here and there. With that knowledge of "Ok he did this when they did that" it really helped build the foundation of my playstyle. Then eventually you'll start to learn how you yourself would react in situations based off that starting knowledge. Here is a link to one of his matches:

fr stack

wanna add me on xbox ? i like to think im decent with cyrax :) cant make vids but can show u by playing wot i do

fr stack

i found out how to loop @Reaper 's double bombs , so combo into double bomb then microstep forward b1 close hover , jump back kick mid hover, d2, close low bomb mid low bomb repeat
,, bad part about this is they cannot delay their wake up, but you can beat delayed wake up by whiffing a f2 THEN b1 close hover or just walk forward for longer i think the f2 whiff is more practical

also my double bomb after f43 ex air grab does 1% less than reapers but to me it seems way easier to land in game its: f43 ex air grab, s4 net , far hover, dash ,s4 close hover , jump back kick, mid hover, d2 , mid low bomb njp, close low bomb , mid low bomb 38%

Reaper

Noob
i found out how to loop @Reaper 's double bombs , so combo into double bomb then microstep forward b1 close hover , jump back kick mid hover, d2, close low bomb mid low bomb repeat
,, bad part about this is they cannot delay their wake up, but you can beat delayed wake up by whiffing a f2 THEN b1 close hover or just walk forward for longer i think the f2 whiff is more practical

http://testyourmight.com/threads/cyrax-meterless-htb-armor-breaking-setup.60034/page-2#post-2095911

REO posted it in his twitch chat not to long ago as well

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I'm stealing that corner combo :p It's very similar to one I already do, but slightly better.

You can probably end that with 114-close bomb for a safe oki setup instead.