What's new

Combo List - Cyrax MKXL Cyrax Combo Thread *NEW 29th March PATCH*

Levaranoia

War God
OMG are you SLOW? you where the only one who stated it was a combo.
look at all my posts.
i clearly stated it was a setup, i described what it was, a combo into a puddle setup, where you have to keep them in the puddle!

and it in fact does over 80% damage

more like you should be embarrassed that you didn't realize from the clear explanation that it was a setup, and im sure you where the only one who thought it was a combo.
example 1:

example 2:

then you came back with:

i then stated the above many more times:

maybe you should step back from this one.

I asked you for a 2 bar 80 percent combo and you gave me something that isn't viable in high level play because why would the opponent allow you to get this "setup". The opponent can literally do whatever they want. They could wake up attack or back dash. Reptile has to block after the acid puddle. If you're bro is hitting you with this. You're trash. You just need to stop posting because you're a joke who doesn't know what the hell you're talking about.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I asked you for a 2 bar 80 percent combo and you gave me something that isn't viable in high level play because why would the opponent allow you to get this "setup". The opponent can literally do whatever they want. They could wake up attack or back dash. Reptile has to block after the acid puddle. If you're bro is hitting you with this. You're trash. You just need to stop posting because you're a joke who doesn't know what the hell you're talking about.
fool, listen carefully, as many options as they have you have options to counter it.

they back dash use F21 bam punished backdash into grab to put em back in it. choose your poision, they armor . block then do what the vid shows.

they counter poke u block then grab they take heaps so once again can be done if your good enough at reading them. its a guess for both.

Levaranoia

War God
fool, listen carefully, as many options as they have you have options to counter it.

they back dash use F21 bam punished backdash into grab to put em back in it. choose your poision, they armor . block then do what the vid shows.

they counter poke u block then grab they take heaps so once again can be done if your good enough at reading them. its a guess for both.
Dude....just stop. I know how the f**king character works. This is nothing special. I was expecting legit tech and you gave me nothing.

John the Savage

"Safeties disabled, combat mode engaged."
@MadeOfMetal doing a bunch of d3's after acid puddle isn't a set up dude...

he blocks either and he is out. That's like saying any character has a 100% meterless because you might not block anything. It's dumb. None of that is even close to guaranteed. Hell getting a single hit after acid puddle isn't guaranteed. They can literally tech roll and backdash and they are full screen away. If your brother gets 80% on you with that "set up" you seriously need to lab the match up.

Everything in that video is completely unpractical in high level play.

MadeOfMetal

@MadeOfMetal doing a bunch of d3's after acid puddle isn't a set up dude...

he blocks either and he is out. That's like saying any character has a 100% meterless because you might not block anything. It's dumb. None of that is even close to guaranteed. Hell getting a single hit after acid puddle isn't guaranteed. They can literally tech roll and backdash and they are full screen away. If your brother gets 80% on you with that "set up" you seriously need to lab the match up.

Everything in that video is completely unpractical in high level play.
ok i told him, d3 into b2, b2 into rc grab, d3 d3 grab, Grab. they have to guess between all of that.

the video just showed the potential 80% i said he gets around 60% - 80% depending on what you do

and if he backdashed do F21 grab into throw to palce him back in, all of that will place him in puddle.

John the Savage

"Safeties disabled, combat mode engaged."
ok i told him, d3 into b2, b2 into rc grab, d3 d3 grab, Grab. they have to guess between all of that.

the video just showed the potential 80% i said he gets around 60% - 80% depending on what you do. That saying you get 60% no matter with the potential to get up to 80%

and if he backdashed do F21 grab into throw to palce him back in, all of that will place him in puddle.
Yeah but that's not a 80% 2 bar set up. That is literally just simply playing the game. You do stuff, and they guess. They do stuff, and you guess. You guess wrong, they deal damage.

He doesn't get 60%-80% depending on what you do. You did 16% for the first combo, and nothing after that is even remotely close to guaranteed.

That is literally no different from saying Cyrax has meterless 100%. Or any character for that matter. The fact that they have to "guess" doesn't make it a 60% set up.

MadeOfMetal

Yeah but that's not a 80% 2 bar set up. That is literally just simply playing the game. You do stuff, and they guess. They do stuff, and you guess. You guess wrong, they deal damage.

He doesn't get 60%-80% depending on what you do. You did 16% for the first combo, and nothing after that is even remotely close to guaranteed.

That is literally no different from saying Cyrax has meterless 100%. Or any character for that matter. The fact that they have to "guess" doesn't make it a 60% set up.
i never said it was guaranteed. just said he had a possible 80%

and there is plenty of options to keep them guessing.

the only point i was making was people nerfed Alien and many others when other characters have the same tools. and aliens was the same just a little more advantageous on start. so they are forced to block the first hit. or armor through before he sets the Acid blood.

i just don't understand how a game developer can Balance this way. they take advice from people who obviously have an agenda for their own gain.
and ignore reason while divvying out Patches.

i still think MKXL is the most balanced MK game ever made, but how they patch is absurd. they have done better than they ever have done before, but that don't make it ok when your still the worst at it.

i herd the argument, that if DLC's where left the way they where while tournaments where about to start, the tourny players would have to suffer until it was over. but what about the Character Loyalists!

Im a die hard Fan of Cyrax, Smoke, Cyber Sub Zero and Sektor.
why cater to a few thousand tournament players that are afraid of losing to what wasn't even all that broken, noone can honestly say there is a true 10-0 or even a 9-1.
highest i see is a 7-3 and thats just a disadvantageous matchup that can be won.

cater to a thousand and enrage millions! doesn't make sense.

SkyratiK

The game session is no longer available.
Anti airs.

2xxbf1, df2, d2, df2, f43, df3, f121xxdb4 26%

2, f1, 3xxEXdb1, 4xxbf1, df2, run, u2, df3, f121xxdb4. 35%, 35% with f1 aa, 34% with d1 aa

MadeOfMetal

My ongoing Youtube Cyrax Tutorial on Setups and BNB's (Part 1)

I felt many struggled from 3-29-2016 patch, and well so did I, and i added music to articulate what it felt like finding new tech for Cyrax.

I hope you all enjoy the vid, and hope it helps any of you out there pick cyrax back up, or find new tools.

Notation:

XB1: 1=X 2=Y 3=A 4=B

PS4: 1=Square 2=Triangle 3=X 4= Circle

FGN: 1=FP 2=BP 3=FK 4=BK

D= Down
U= Up
B= Back
F= Forward

RC= Run cancel
Tech Roll= press any button while landing from a knockdown, just before you hit, i use Down Back and that works for me, but try FB,Block and whatever works for you.

-------------
Combos in video:

F21, Net, RC-DF2, F43, DF2, F43, DB3, F1+3(throw), Tech roll(i do DB) F1+3(throw)

if you need all of them let me know and ill add them:)

Part 2 comming soon.

tell me if you like or hate it on youtube if you would like.

@Aqueous_Echo
@PrimBloodGhost
@xxFalcon Loverxx

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Well pretty sure I would body your cyrax with my cyrax and also my Kung Lao, shinnok, smoke.. But I will still say he struggles. I am not bad with the character. I fight great players and can see all he lacks.
I have nothing against you, all i said was "if you struggled before" struggling pre-patch with cyrax just tells me that you don't play cyrax or you don't have time to play the game. I'm no pro, trust me on that. Let's end this conversation before we further derail the thread.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Anti airs.

2xxbf1, df2, d2, df2, f43, df3, f121xxdb4 26%

2, f1, 3xxEXdb1, 4xxbf1, df2, run, u2, df3, f121xxdb4. 35%, 35% with f1 aa, 34% with d1 aa
does 2 work as an anti air it seems like it hits very low by the animation ?

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®

31% full-screen 1-bar combo. This apparently breaks the rules of the new patch. I'm using 4 air bombs in a row here. No ground bombs are used at all. Does teleporting somehow change the quantity of air bombs that can be used?

huh

Noob

31% full-screen 1-bar combo. This apparently breaks the rules of the new patch. I'm using 4 air bombs in a row here. No ground bombs are used at all. Does teleporting somehow change the quantity of air bombs that can be used?
In some situations, when you do the 4 hovers in a row, they work. If you insert a low bomb before the 4th hover, the 4th hover does not work. If you take too long before the 4th hover, it also does not work. Some people are saying that the rule is that if you input the 4th hover before the 3rd explodes, then you are able to do the 4th.

Last edited:

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Yea, my 33% BnB also breaks the rules per the patch notes. Btw, the patch notes say 3 of each bomb per combo, not 4. There's gotta be an exact formula or something..

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
corner combo : starter net, close hover , NJP, backdash, mid hover, d2, far hover , 111 close hover , into set ups

and ive found a way of doing a decent htb and set up bomb combos for a bar its: air net , mid low bomb, dash ji1 3 EX far low bomb, far hover , 114 mid hover , walk back d2 (very slight) etc. the ex far low is the good part it gives enough time to set up hover bombs :)

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
corner combo : starter net, close hover , NJP, backdash, mid hover, d2, far hover , 111 close hover , into set ups

and ive found a way of doing a decent htb and set up bomb combos for a bar its: air net , mid low bomb, dash ji1 3 EX far low bomb, far hover , 114 mid hover , walk back d2 (very slight) etc. the ex far low is the good part it gives enough time to set up hover bombs :)
Net into hover njp is still possible? I can't get it down in the corner. Any tips? Could you provide video doing it?