What's new

Discussion MKXL Buffs And Nerfs That We Need

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I never said I was the end all be all...but way to be a narcissistic asshole lmao. Learn how to talk to be people without being a (soap bar in my mouth) lol
"Jacqui doesn't need buffs. She is viable, I main her. She needs nothing." That's what it sounds like to me. Sorry if you can't handle a bit of sarcasm.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Respecting pressure then taking your turn is nowhere near the same as being forced to guess all the time. All this armour through this, armour through that, doesn't make it any less (soap bar in my mouth). Literally making his 50/50s unsafe will not ruin the character, it'll actually make sense because it's necessary. Not one goddamn character should be excused for these shenanigans at all. Yes there are characters that need buffing, but whats the point if we still have broken stuff, it just creates more broken stuff. The game needs balancing which means the top tiers need toning down before any buffs happen. Kano is (soap bar in my mouth), and if you seriously cannot see that, you're a serial downplayer.
Who do you use if you think Kano is stupid?

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Who do you use if you think Kano is stupid?
A large majority of the cast, I don't particularly have a main. I play Johnny a lot though, but since you want to know so you can call me out on it, I am well aware of his stupidity but I enjoy the character on a whole. Kano is stupid the same way Johnny is. I'm not a hypocrite though, because I realise that Johnny could do with a couple nerfs too.

Wigy

There it is...
Been trying to play bo recently. In character design you cannot justify having run movement that bad when he has no range on his JIP, no fast mids with range and no real +frames on his pokes.

Tl/dr more plus on d1/3 faster movement, complete redesign on drunken master's booze system, f1 true mid, better startup on his strings, jip1 better range.

His mixups are good-ish, though i think you can basically fuzzy most of it except for the tumble kicks, which are unsafe and like 10%.

He genuinely has to get into the corner and gimmick his way into a win, all his mixups and unsafe highs or slow as balls and have gaps.

Not any kind of expert on him but i have a decent grasp of how characters should work.

I would make his d3 or d1 +13 to guarantee him a hitconfirmable high followup on a poke, at the moment you have a 1 frame jail into his f1 at best. So people just poke you all day.

A large speed increase on his walk speed so he can actually play footsies and a run speed so he can vaguely get in, either that or a giant eagle jip like kotal so you're scared to throw shit out at him 24/7. I hate silly jip's but its justifiable for him.

F1 true mid. Its his only tool to stop u spamming poke 24/7.

B2 sped up to 17-18 frames helps him get in and get shit going.

1212, second 12 better vertical hitbox, shit is dodgy as fuck have to be frame perfect to land that string on a launched opponent out of the corner.

mainly play drunken master, they need to redesign his drinking meter, its fucking terrible. You need to be drunk to have access to any decent specials -which are no better than most of the cast. You give up momentum drinking or have to use meter/give up damage and can get full combo punished after if they switch momentum back on you. Unstoppable jason, you can kill him with a combo, he resurrects and u vomit for a free combo? So stupid.

You basically have to work your ass off to have access to tools where he is still below average and then run the risk of being punished for it. Also why is meditate 2 hella neg? God forbid he have a safe mid launcher thats not 26 frame startup.

I dont care if he looses his otg restand just make his usable outside yolo db3 midscreen.

Fellow_Swordsman

"One mind, one blade."
What are your thoughts on Bartitsu? Is it gimmicky or are all the 50/50's legit and make it his best variation? I don't know much about Bo, other than that Drunken Master sucks and Dragon Breath is only good in the corner.

HateMe!

Noob
Holy shit, people here have no idea what they're talking about. Piercing/CT balanced? Inferno needing nerfs? Do you people even check frame data or lab stuff before you post bullshit like that?

TYM has to be one of the worst forums ever.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Holy shit, people here have no idea what they're talking about. Piercing/CT balanced? Inferno needing nerfs? Do you people even check frame data or lab stuff before you post bullshit like that?

TYM has to be one of the worst forums ever.
The thing with online forums is that everyone can get their opinion out whether you agree with them or not (to be clear I sure don't).

TYM is still a great place though, looking at the wealth of tech and legitimate discussion here.

HateMe!

Noob
TYM is still a great place though, looking at the wealth of tech and legitimate discussion here.
Yeah, but most of it is buried because of people like these - They don't check anything, ask the same questions over and over again without hitting the lab or even reading posts/guides, and post dumb shit like that. It was way better in MK9 days.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I think I missed the part about this patch rumor, are you guys at least 5% sure it's a thing?

I only see INJ2 spam that will probably continue for 2 years , but MKXL seems like it's pretty much over in terms of Boon attention.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Kitana DEMANDS
General:
-0 recovery frames on landing after iaf.
-Can now ex fan toss in the air.
-Throat Slice now leaves the opponent standing on hit.
-Iaf hits mid if thrown during the first 13 frames of a neutral jump only.
-Overhead float now +6 on block
-F1 is now 11f start up, down from 14f, and now uses both fans for 2 hitting hurt boxes.
-F22 is now +2 on block, up from -6.
-b2 is now 23f start up and now has a taller vertical hurtbox and now also a hurt box behind Kitana.
-b14 is now -3 on block, up from -4

Assasin:
-Assasin strike/ impale now hits overhead

Royal storm:
-Fan Nado is now multi hitting and has significant increase in pushback on block.
-Reflect is now 13f start up, down from 15f and some projectiles that couldn't be reflected can now be reflected.

Mournful:
- Ex glaIves now has no gap

thlityoursloat

kick kick
What are your thoughts on Bartitsu? Is it gimmicky or are all the 50/50's legit and make it his best variation? I don't know much about Bo, other than that Drunken Master sucks and Dragon Breath is only good in the corner.
The mixups are really good, corner setplay is amazing like his other variations but good luck getting past solid zoners, if you can't get past them with DM then forget it with BarTITsu.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Respecting pressure then taking your turn is nowhere near the same as being forced to guess all the time. All this armour through this, armour through that, doesn't make it any less (soap bar in my mouth). Literally making his 50/50s unsafe will not ruin the character, it'll actually make sense because it's necessary. Not one goddamn character should be excused for these shenanigans at all. Yes there are characters that need buffing, but whats the point if we still have broken stuff, it just creates more broken stuff. The game needs balancing which means the top tiers need toning down before any buffs happen. Kano is (soap bar in my mouth), and if you seriously cannot see that, you're a serial downplayer.
i don't use Kano so im not downplaying. i play against many CT's, i get why you don't like him, nobody likes the game turning into 50'50 nation. and with him having a 50/50 on a 50/50 to me its no different than, Raiden LRC Low to cancel into OH same thing as KAno CT OH cancel into OH or LOW to OH same dif, and then we have Liu Kang can do something similar with his Positive cancels, D'vorah kinda had that tooken away, how about Tekada with his Low kuni hold into low or OH at same time and can be switched from low oh low low/ OH,low,low,low or basically any way. or Johnny cage has them as well. one thing all of them have in common is you can armor threw them, then lets talk about Sonya CO, its basically what we are talking about, one mixup into another gussing mixup.

to me they all do the same thing just in different ways.

if you can see that, maybe then you can understand where im coming from. maybe its just me but instead of asking for a character to get nerfed and have there tools removed i find ways to beat them or deal with what advantages those characters have. I like to adapt.

if we wanna talk about BS crap this game has allowed lets talk about how other characters like CSZ and Cyrax got unjust nerfs while other characters in the game get to keep the same tools that where took from those characters.

don't take what i say the wrong way i am having a friendly debate with you and i don't hold no grudge that you have a different viewpoint. i just believe that some complain because they have bias against X character and forget others have the same tools essentially just in different forms, but we can';t deny they all achieve the same outcome. you will have to guess more than twice on each turn: Johnny can make you do it, Tekada can, Raiden can, Sonya Covert Ops can, Alien can (tarkatan) and ofc KAno CT can, and im sure more can as well.

To me thats not a reason to nerf, i think the only reason to nerf a character would be that they have the upper hamnd on most of the cast and thats not the case here. KAno is not winning each tournament, i say thias because we all know all the best players hop on the top characters to get an advantage because you have to in fighting games. and if he had this advantage that some make him look like he does then he would be taking 1st-3rd on each tournament cuz one of the hundreds of players that play at the highest level would be using Kano CT, and if im not mistaken i herd from TYM and some top players that all people use now is Kano CT. something does not ring true when people claim a character is the best out of all of them and is so good the character needs nerfs because most matchups are in his favor, but then we don't see it in tournament results.

yes player skill is a factor, but when we take into account the top players play with the characters with the best tools and best chance of winning, where is Kano. im sure he is getting top 30's but he sure isn't getting 1-3rd each tournament.

if we look back at MK9 it was obvious who was broke, the top 2 played characters where Cyrax, Kabal and we seen them at top 5 every torunament. and in fact every evo in MK9 was close to almost a Kabal or Cyrax win.

IMO Bottom Line i see Kano C T is very good has great tools, but IMO is not anywhere near broke, he does have weaknesses, and thats definitely meter dependant. all his great tools requires the meter and he can only have so much at a time, and both players will build equal or close to equal meter through a match of 3, and if his opponent gets meter he can armor through and stop that pressure. yes i get how guessing and guessing can suckl but that is MKXL and many characters have that ability and it doesn't stop there how about HTB's Pseudo unblockables, Frame traps, Jailing strings and cancel pressure exsists across the board and each are eaqually annoying. but i wouldn't go ruining a character because i have a challenge in a matchup

Last edited: