What's new

MKXL Balance Patch Confirmed (UPDATED)

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Who wants to bet this will be another tier shift?

Down players *cough Johnny and Jacqui community cough* prepare to be EXPOSED :DOGE

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
TYM, I better not see this thread turn into another opportunity to attack a moderator. Although Youph could stand to reign in his pessimism a little, we should be grateful MKX is still getting support whereas the past two games wouldn't have at this point in their lifespans.

I'm just hoping, as are the rest of you, that these incoming changes will bring the whole roster to a level playing field, or as close to it as possible.

Thanks for sharing this, @YOMI REO. Consider the thread promoted!

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Clone should stop whiffing. What need buffs is Unbreakable. What need some tweaks are the Cryo and Unbreak. GM is fine.
I agree. I was just trolling. Bug fixes first. Female hitbox, crouch launch heights, combos and whiffs. Then buff the others. But 7 frame d1 and 9 frame d2 please

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Make the useless variations worth using. I think the goal of this patch should be to eliminate "one variation characters". A one variation character is one who has a variation that is 95% of the time that character's best choice for a matchup and the variation system becomes useless. This doesn't mean the other two variations are garbage, it just means there isn't any real push to play them alongside the main one. One variation characters include but aren't limited to: Predator, Tremor, Mileena, Sub-Zero, Cage, Sonya, Kano, D'Vorah, Kung Jin

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Lol "Balance" and MKXL in the same sentence? Unless they intend on nerfing the fuck out of pretty much everyone, there won't be any "balance", at least not by actual fundamental terms. The "balance" they're thinking about is to just make all the bullshit available to everyone at roughly the equal amount. Free 50/50s will still be in, jailing strings will still be in, absurd pokes, free jump ins, wake up NJP, etc. It's just gonna tier shift, but hey, that's the "balance" everyone wants