What's new

MKX: The end of character loyalty for some?

Jeddite

Soul Kollector
Character loyalty has always been very important to me, but with some mains sadly not returning...I find myself strangely liberated. Shang Tsung will always be in my heart, but now I no longer feel guilty about diving into new characters with interesting tech.

haketh

Noob
I've got some preferences *Sub, Ermac, Kano* but seeing how I'm planning on being really competetive this go around I'm on that Character Loyalty is for Suckers train.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I will main Cassie, and sub the rest of the Cage family, regardless of tier or rank.

I'm glad to see they went a slightly different route with Johnny, he no longer resembles Jean Claude Van Damm, or George's St Pierre, but has the visual of Chris Redfield.. So eventhough he still may be a tool, he won't be AND look like one.

pzea

Noob
Been loyal to Reptile since I was 6, but I'm too disappointed with his variations and I'm not sure if he'll even get a proper ninja skin. I'm having a mid-life crisis.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I started off as a character loyalist in MK9 and I didn't get any better at that game until I started using other characters. I'm not looking to restrict myself this time around. I'll pick 1 character to learn the basics of the game and then I'll spread my wings to different characters. The characters below are the ones I'm interested in the most. From the streams, Takeda fits me the most due to his range. I'm excited to give him a go first.

Takeda
Quan
Mileena
Kano
Sub
Raiden

Smoke is my all time favorite MK character and he is a no show. I'm sure if he was in I would gravitate more towards him.

So far im looking to main Sub zero, kitana, takeda, Erron Black, kotal kahn, ermac, and goro......

im so fucked.....

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
Its the end of character loyalty because some of the most popular characters from the best installments in the history of the franchise are being left out because retarded fucking 12 year olds want movie characters.
All I ever see you post is unbridled salt. You must be the saltiest poster on TYM and are one of literally three people who aren't happy with Predator as a guest character.

Want to play a game with all you favourites? Armageddon. Go play it and stop saltposting

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I don't know about the rest of you, but after watching Takeda and Mileena's gameplay the other day, along with other characters we've seen, I think it's going to be really, really hard this time around for me to be a character loyalist to the degree that I have been.

I somehow doubt that Kitana will be the only character that I put a lot of time into now. She will remain my main and there's no questioning that. However, I'm very interested in Takeda, Mileena, Goro, Jason, Kotal Kahn and newly leaked Predator
Wait a minute wait a minute wait a minute....

What newly leaked Predator?

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I've been loyal to scorpion since MK1 but this game.......is indeed making it REALLY hard. Though he is still badass and looks cool I actually have full on interest in like 4 characters. NRS making it hard on me to pick 2 lol

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
I'm a character loyalist who is also a dirty cheater. I've always loved Scorpion since I was a little kid sitting in the floor getting my ass kicked by Shang in MK1. I play him no matter what and always will. But I also end up learning half the cast. I just love almost every character in the MK universe. One of my favorite things to do in UMK3 was randper kombat. I have a friend who is the same and we played countless matches of hidden random select in MK9 and IGAU for a similar effect.

In MKX this is going to be even worse. The only characters we have seen a decent amount of gameplay of that I'm not super interested in playing is Kung Jin, D'Vorah, and Reptile. AND even then those characters look cool. No character looks lame to me. There are no Hsu Haos in this game.

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
Ever since Deception, i try to Main 5 character's if i can.
Since Chess Kombat lol, i loved that mode. hope they bring it back for MK11

If Reiko and Rain make it in, i'll actually be able to main my 5 favorite mk charcters. Johnny Cage, Reiko, Liu Kang, Rain, and Takeda
Takeda by the way who i'm loving more and more every time i see him(in comics and gameplay)

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Mileena and Predator as main for "fan base" and sentimental reasons :p .... but, yeah, all characters seems pretty cool and gorgeous so far, so, I'm with the "no limit yourself" motto, so, just pick up whoever you feel like in MKX .... there is always room to try another char now and then :D

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I don't know about the rest of you, but after watching Takeda and Mileena's gameplay the other day, along with other characters we've seen, I think it's going to be really, really hard this time around for me to be a character loyalist to the degree that I have been.

I somehow doubt that Kitana will be the only character that I put a lot of time into now. She will remain my main and there's no questioning that. However, I'm very interested in Takeda, Mileena, Goro, Jason, Kotal Kahn and newly leaked Predator. I'm sure more will be added (or removed) as time goes on and I'm looking forward to having multiple characters under my belt.

What about the rest of you that tend to stick to one character while lightly dabbling with others? Do you think you're going to be putting a little more time than you previously thought into other characters other than your main?
Yes, I am in the same category as you. Reptile has been my main since MK2. However, Kotal Kahn, Quan Chi, and Predator are really making me question my loyalty. Reptile will be my main forever but this game is already making me sweat a little bit...in a good way.

Now, no tag mode...well that's a whole other subject.

Last edited:
I used to rock Jade back in the day of MK9, but now with Kitana's "Mournful" variation, I get to relieve that Jade experience all over again! So no, character loyalty is back and better than ever!

JDM

Noob
I'm still loyal to Reptile and Cage. I have to be, they are my favorites.

But damn I wanna play so many characters.