What's new

mkx pros/cons?

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
Pro: it's a cool fighting game.
Con: it's a fighting game where the developers knew their netcode was going to suck so they decided to build the game around 50/50s and other hard to block mixups for lolz.

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
Pros:
- fast pace
- most balanced fighting game I personally ever played
- amazing visuals
- brutalities were never this awesome
- a lot of variety
- developer support chipping away at the cons

Cons:
- good blocking gets you nowhere most of the time (offensive is too strong)
- no ranking system,
- bad netcode makes people want to fight eachother (irl :O)
- bad dev communication/feedback
- guest characters taking up the slots from actual MK-universe characters (no Smoke, Noob or Rain )
- ESL is xbox only
- people complaining about Tanya (I get it, she's a bitch online, blame the player... or yourself if you don't lab her)
- and last but not least, a certain character (that I will not name) with plus-mixups/unblockables, effectively stealing your tournament belt because you guessed wrong after guessing right 5 times in a row (and then it got a buff)

Last edited:

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Pros: the best Mortal Kombat gameplay, design and graphics wise.

Cons: sucks at everything else starting from questionable character "developments" in the story and ending up with painful online and shitty DLC practice that is wasted on horrible and sensless guest characters while MK universe is rich with its own amazing characters that are still not been used and could have been in those 4 slots.

Cons #2: countless counter picking on tournaments doesn't help to take MKX's "balance" seriously.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
How is MKX counter picking different from counter picking in other fighting games? Just wondering.
Other fighting games have it either less or not at all. Can't recall counter picking in KoF13 or Tekken 6/TTT2 for example. But it's not just that, in MKX counter picking works too well, even though the player is using not a main character. I find it hard to accept game as "well balanced" if you can win playing not main against someone's main. Just shows how much tools of some characters completely destroys others. In my eyes a well balanced fighting game is where every character has an answer on any kind of situation. In MKX even some mirror matches are hilarious, because you realize that characters don't even have options against their own stuff.

Goat-City

Banned
Other fighting games have it either less or not at all. Can't recall counter picking in KoF13 or Tekken 6/TTT2 for example. But it's not just that, in MKX counter picking works too well, even though the player is using not a main character. I find it hard to accept game as "well balanced" if you can win playing not main against someone's main. Just shows how much tools of some characters completely destroys others. In my eyes a well balanced fighting game is where every character has an answer on any kind of situation. In MKX even some mirror matches are hilarious, because you realize that characters don't even have options against their own stuff.
I see, well I guess that's sort of a necessary evil then for a Mortal Kombat game. I don't see how it could feasibly not be this way in a franchise with all the crazy unique moves like teleports and stuff like the ice clone, combo starting projectiles, invisibility and so on. There's bound to be counter picks everywhere, but at least the majority of bad match ups are only 6-4 at worst. The only thing that could be done that I can think of to mitigate counterpicks in Mortal Kombat games is to make rules to prevent it.

virtiqaL

Noob
Pro: The game inspires endless "MKX sucks" threads that are entertaining to read.

Con: Those threads are more fun and entertaining than the game itself.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
PRO : MK forever, not a manga, nostalgy, brutalities, variations, supported tournaments, remastered shit chars from MK9 like Kano to Godlike in MKX
CON :
- NETCODE, don't work on the same feedback for years
- 50/50,
- uncredible NJP range (predator, KJ, takeda and more),
- NEW stuff isn't supported : factions ? - useless; live towers ? - useless ; new chars aren't supported (no costumes etc.) why make new if you don't want to give them some place in your heart? in this case bring back noob, smoke, etc.
- NRS try make everyone very different and kill balance ( difference between whiff recover of KL and Sonya dive kick, and more);
- variations ( why spend 3x time to make variations if in 90% it kill balance and make most of 2/3 variations useless?) => +/- balanced chars in 3 variations to me are : kano, jax, cassie, kotal, reptile, cage, sonya etc.

Last edited:
Pro: Cassie, F/T, character balance, variation system, general mechanics/controls

Con: Jacqui, netcode, jump-in frame advantage on block, underpowered anti-airs, slightly too 50/50 dependent, story mode is a convoluted mess, music is boring/forgettable, overemphasis on guest characters at the expense of traditional MK characters, game feels disjointed from MK's history and lore.

Overall I give the game 8.5/10. It could've tweaked a few things but it is a very solid fighting game.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Pro: Everything looks great visual
The feedback from it will help with the development of Injustice 2: Return of the Footsie
Con: Theres too many better games out/coming out for me to even take it seriously.
I don't love the characters the same way I loved MK9 characters.

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
Pro: Graphics are beautiful and Brutalities are actually really awesome
Con: No tag team or respect for zoning in this game (one of the biggest fundamentals in a fighting game) :mad:

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Pro: Graphics are beautiful and Brutalities are actually really awesome
Con: No tag team or respect for zoning in this game (one of the biggest fundamentals in a fighting game) :mad:
What you said you said is untrue, you need to respect zoning, try jumping on kano, jacqui, kitana, or quan, you have to inch in on them, and if they dont respect your zoning anti air them and make them respect it.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I'm laughing at these people who have Jacqui as a con. Who zoned you out so bad that you have to say that.
They could not like her for other reasons I doubt they are all because of full auto that was day one complaints.

I Dont like jaqui because she boring to me and just seems bland and some of her stereotypical quotes "awwww damn" I'm surprised they didn't add "o no you dident"