What's new

mkx pros/cons?

This thread is kind of redundant, plus it's basically impossible. Your 50/50s = con could be a pro to someone else.

PRO: the fighting game community currently has a ton of great games available to play. Good time to be a fighting game player.
its opinions, and i dont hate 50/50s i just think this game is based around 50/50s I dont think it takes as much skill as mk9

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Pro: decent balance, variety in the roster, variations encourage me to play characters I normally wouldn't think twice about, im glad sub zero doesn't suck(that's more of a personal thing), better support from NRS(the lack of support is what turned me off from MK9),
Con: backdashes cost stamina, anti airs, kenshi, flip stance isn't a run button(creates a stupid execution barrier that shouldn't be there, iv goten used to it but wish I didn't break my fingers learning johnny), tanya

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Pros: Game looks gorgeous, more support from nrs, expanding universe with new characters

Cons: Game heavily favors offense, online is hawt garbage, pimping out Scorpion while other characters only have one alt., factions, needing the mobile game to unlock certain costumes (at least add in more costumes through that then), how they use the variation system to make cheap knockoffs of other characters, lack of fun game modes.

IMO game gets very tedious, very quickly

Pros: Game looks gorgeous, more support from nrs, expanding universe with new characters

Cons: Game heavily favors offense, online is hawt garbage, pimping out Scorpion while other characters only have one alt., factions, needing the mobile game to unlock certain costumes (at least add in more costumes through that then), how they use the variation system to make cheap knockoffs of other characters, lack of fun game modes.

IMO game gets very tedious, very quickly
Totally agree

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Pro : looks nice

Con: netcode is shit. Game caters to nonstop rushdown and 50/50 playstyle. No reward for good defense

I played MK9 for years and never got bored. Bored with MKX after a few months (maybe its cuz im free as fuck in mkx)

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Pro - Fun and addicting gameplay (For me anyway lol), looks great, feels great, awesome practice mode, plenty of towers/single player stuff, awesome character designs, a nice roster of characters to learn, etc.

Con - Online experience is inconsistent, the story wasn't as good as I was expecting (Felt too G.I Joe-ish for my taste), some stages are mediocre, and the music isn't very memorable. Normally I wouldn't bother mentioning anything about a few dud stages or music but MK (to me) has always had amazing stages and music ever since the first game, so I can't help but notice.

Its a damn good game, I would give it a 8.5/9 out of 10. If the online was better I would give it a 10, and the other stuff I mentioned in cons is a matter of personal taste/opinion so I can't really take off points for those things lol

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Pros: Graphics, run feature, variation system, some great additions (Erron Black, Predator, etc), easy combo system, etc.
Cons: Some boring stages, awful music, some terrible additions (Jacquie, LeatherFace, etc), hollywood cliche dumb story, weird things like in crossups, hitboxes, etc.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Pro: Some of the better balance in a fighting game to date (not perfect of course, but what's perfect balance anyway?)
Con: Other than the painfully obvious, this self-destructive community. Choose your friends wisely here.

-Blinky-

The Cyber Initiative
PRO: I love the sounds, scenery, ect. Good character design, good practice mode, detailed moves list, I like the intro's before the fight.

CON: 50/50s, Tanya, variation system(My opinion), net code,Taking out tag team and replacing it with 3v3 and 5v5 which no one plays ever which is ironic because that's why they took out tag team because it wasn't a popular mode(I think), Tanya