What's new

MKX DLC Poll for Final Round 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
I voted yes as a stream monster....
I understand the concerns though butttt if this was an event in PA by big e I would compete and deal with it butttt broken shit imo should be banned .... How do u decide I dunno butttt I support dlc for final round @Pig Of The Hut (FYI I haven't went to events for over a yr butt after may 2016 I plan going again )

Now as a person playing I feel u...

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
It was boring as fuck to watch. It was mind numbing. I'm glad DJT won, but the events that led up to it mostly sucked, lol.
I know what you mean, I doubt there will be one character like tayna to dominate like she did. I think we should let it ride, I don't think brokeness will win FR.

E

Eldriken

I know what you mean, I doubt there will be one character like tayna to dominate like she did. I think we should let it ride, I don't think brokeness will win FR.
Yeah, there might be two or three dominating. It doesn't necessarily mean it will be fun to watch. If we have to watch whatever stupid shit has been found for hours on end, it's gonna get dull. I'm hoping this isn't the case. I don't want to alt+f4 as soon as it's done because it was boring. lol

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
I'm going to final round and I say yes. Everyone used Tanya at CEO but didn't djt win anyways?
The first major after Tanya's release was TCW she was banned there. She was out for 2 weeks before. CEO was 2 weeks after TCW and she was allowed.

Just because a character didn't win doesn't justify them being not banned near release. Tanya at CEO was pretty bad. I'm a Tanya player and enjoyed it but it was still dumb.

But Tanya is dead now so everyone is happy. Cept the Tanya players. She at least won one tournament before the nerfs.

Hello Guys. My understanding at first that this patch was going to be just another patch just before FR with new characters. Once I realized that this was just like sf4 going from super sf4 to sf4 arcade edition I knew I couldn't ban the characters because it's the next step/evolution of the game. Since not only are there new characters to learn match ups, but all of the cast that was available have new tweeks on their moves also that could change potential match ups in the meta as most up grades in fgc games does. Some get nerfed to hell and some get buffed into top tier. You guys know your game better than I do, but would we be playing MKXL is we don't include the dlc characters? I mean I normally subscribe to having at least a month to test and figure out new characters added to the roster in a game that nothing else would be different besides the new characters, but since this is an update in the same mode as the 6 different sf4 games that were made I can't allow MKXL for a ban on characters but allow people to possible abuse new tech from older characters in the same game. Pretty much the question should be do you guys want to play MKX or MKXL because from what i've seen and read up on it's a new game. I wish it would have came out at least 4 weeks before FR19 because I don't want FR19 being a testing ground for MKXL for what NRS needs to patch and please don't patch the game 3 days before my event like two years ago!

The first major after Tanya's release was TCW she was banned there. She was out for 2 weeks before. CEO was 2 weeks after TCW and she was allowed.

Just because a character didn't win doesn't justify them being not banned near release. Tanya at CEO was pretty bad. I'm a Tanya player and enjoyed it but it was still dumb.

But Tanya is dead now so everyone is happy. Cept the Tanya players. She at least won one tournament before the nerfs.
I totally see your point on having a tanya type fest or cyber ninja fest or alien fest at FR19. 2 1/2 weeks is normally not enough time to give people to figure the new characters out. 100% agree with that. Hell if Alex is released this week in sfv I will have to allow him too unless capcom says no since it's their tour.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
I totally see your point on having a tanya type fest or cyber ninja fest or alien fest at FR19. 2 1/2 weeks is normally not enough time to give people to figure the new characters out. 100% agree with that. Hell if Alex is released this week in sfv I will have to allow him too unless capcom says no since it's their tour.
If anything have an exhibition with the new characters and top players that have showed interest in the new characters.

That way the DLC can be showed off and the community can see what could have been. And why it was a bad idea to have them legal.

Lol the overreaction is hilarious. Im willing to bet that 100$ that a dlc wont win the tourney un less Sonic fox uses one. Theyre not nearly as ridiculous as most of you make them seem.
I don't think it's an over reaction or I wouldn't even respond to the thread. It's a legit question to ask. Also the original list could have been tantted due to none attending players voting because they want to see the new characters on the stream. As most people that voted both ways has stated. For watching yes vote, but for competing vote no. I would just like some copies from NRS to make sure we have plenty for tournament play. :)

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
As a spectator, no, they should not. I think a solid month before any tournament play is more than fair.

Not only does it actually give people a chance to learn MU's, but patches of this magnitude generally come with a host of glitches that may take a few weeks to find and flesh out.

Let everything breathe for a bit before putting it right to work in a tournament setting.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
MK has more depth as time goes on and people level up. This has made the more recent tourneys more exciting to watch than many of the older ones. By allowing the new characters, that is lost. Match up knowledge is essentially out the door and if there is a new dominant tech someone finds out, the tourney devolves into becoming a laughing stock. My thoughts are no.

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
As a viewer It'll be a 1000x more hype if they're allowed, but if i was playing at final round and I lost to some brand new tech with a new character i couldn't have possibly lab'd i would be bummed.

Status
Not open for further replies.