What's new

MKX DLC Poll for Final Round 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

VR-Fist

Noob
I'm not a big fan of bans if characters are out for more than two weeks but seeing NRS balancing capabilities, at least a month would be good.

Tweedy

Noob
I may be attending Final Round last second. If I do, i'd like to not get infinited by Leatherface at my first major.

k thx bye

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
Allow DLC if you want to entertain the crowd

Ban DLC if you want to cater to players. Honestly i'm in favor of allowing DLC because

1). I'm watching (not saying I would want them banned if I played)
2). Players are gonna show up anyway, some of them even prefer DLC available

Could you imagine if pro athletes said "Wait until I learn how to defend against this before you let it out." Let it rock

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I feel like things change because we're getting 4dlcs as well as a huge patch to the OG cast. Unlike Tanya/Pred release where we knew matchups and suddenly we had an X-factor everything is going to be changing so why ban anything. Just run with it and unless somethings actually broken

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Soft ban, to give tournament players time to research the DLC characters. Also plenty of time to fix any glitches, bugs, or infinites that any of the new DLC characters might have.

MKXL is basically the Arcade Edition of MKX.

On June 7, 2011, Capcom released the Arcade Edition update to Super Street Fighter 4 on consoles. It was an update that included balance changes across the cast and four new characters. It could be bought either as an entire new retail package or as an update to the previous installment.

On March 1, 2016, NetherRealm Studios released the MKXL update to MKX on consoles. It was an update that included balance changes across the cast and four new characters. It could be bought either as an entire new retail package or as an update to the previous installment.

Arcade Edition's first appearance in a major tournament was CEO, which was June 10, an entire 3 days after AE came out. Meanwhile the new characters in MKXL are, as of now, banned from use at Final Round. It was debated at the time whether going AE was the right choice with so little prep time (especially with internationals coming who had been playing it in the arcades for 7 months already), but it worked out fine. MKXL players would have six times as much time to learn the new game, in comparison.

To me, 2.5 weeks is a decent amount of time to get used to it. It's a week more than Street Fighter V players had between release and Winter Brawl, for example, and that's a brand new game. But if you want to exclude the characters, you might as well not run MKXL at all, including the balance update. It's probably more work to learn all the new stuff than it is to learn the new characters, so why go half way?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Should DLC be allowed at FR?

Yea I know it's the third thread but it's different because maybe now everyone sees what I meant when I made the thread beforehand

Frankly the % doesn't matter to me what matters to me is the % of voters of are actually spending money to attend

No way. KP2 characters have some crazy good tech that most people don't even know about, let alone know how to deal with it. Cyber Sub-Zero in particular has some amazing mixups and hard-to-blockables, Leatherface has restands coming out of his ass, and Tarkatan has incredible potential for footsies and pressure.

I'm not even saying these characters need to be nerfed, but everyone needs some time to learn how to fight them.

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
I predict that Deg will get top 8 using one of the new broken DLC characters.

It's happened multiple times before. It will happen again.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
My opinion is still the same from the original Showtime thread, that it's too early.
I'm not going so I won't vote.

From a spectator view, the only reason like 95% of stream monsters are giving two shits about MKX again is because of Robots, so I understand why they are allowed. That and twitter.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Obviously I don't count, but I would give it a little bit more time before the new characters made their tournament debut.

So would everyone be cool with dlc to be at combo breaker ?? I voted no and I compete I mean I don't place high but eh it's still fun to network with ppl share tech lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.