What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
It was never said Jax doesn't have any kids, but more importantly it could just be another black person who works at SF you racist fucks.
1. I'm black, that doesn't mean I can't be racist, but I didn't assume it was his daughter just because she was also black.
2. I'm assuming every young character that is seen with an established character of the same race is their relative in some fashion, like I did when assumed Takeda was Kenshi's son before it was stated, even though people disagreed and jumped to other conclusions. Hell, she could be his niece for all I know. Boon said we should expect more legacy characters besides just Cassie and we haven't had any solid confirmations since Cassie, so i'm going to make educated guesses as to who might be what.

If it were a picture of Baraka training with an other Tarkatan, or Kung Lao training with another ambiguously Asian character that is much younger than him, or Nightwolf hanging with a younger Native American character, i'd jump to the same conclusions.

Slymind

Noob
The Raiden's vision show Kano stabbing a Shokan with a dagger, i wonder if that is the stolen Kamidogu and he is "infecting" people with it, because being in contact with the Kamidogu apprently makes people lose control. Chapter 5 i believe, the descripition says an entire village was frozen, which is most likely Sub-Zero under the effect of the Kamidogu.

EDIT: The Sub-Zero thing is actually issue#5 i think, and each issue has 3 chapters, so i would be around chapters 13, 14 and 15.

Last edited:

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I was checking the MKO link and found that in the comic Kano is working for Quan Chi :eek:. This is the quote:
"Kano joined the confirmed playable cast of the game in August [full trailer], and was revealed to be a tenuous ally of Quan Chi"

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
For some reason when I saw that chick I thought it might be Jax's sister. Don't ask me why. But she could be something other than a daughter.

And she will be called...

"JAXMIN."

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I was checking the MKO link and found that in the comic Kano is working for Quan Chi :eek:. This is the quote:
"Kano joined the confirmed playable cast of the game in August [full trailer], and was revealed to be a tenuous ally of Quan Chi"
Which page in that link?!

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
For some reason when I saw that chick I thought it might be Jax's sister. Don't ask me why. But she could be something other than a daughter.

And she will be called...

"JAXMIN."
Actually, I think it being his younger sister would be cooler, didn't think of that.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Hmm that doesn't really say anything about the comic 4 summary, it just assumes the Quan trailer said they were allies. It said they might fight or they might be allies :/ or is there a comic 4 summary that I'm missing?
In the first issue though kano tells sub that he just made his job a lot easier, then in the third issue the demon mentions the kamidogus' connections with quan, so pretty sure kano is working with quan for now, although he'll probably betray him when he has the chance to gain the most.

Youphemism

In the first issue though kano tells sub that he just made his job a lot easier, then in the third issue the demon mentions the kamidogus' connections with quan, so pretty sure kano is working with quan for now, although he'll probably betray him when he has the chance to gain the most.
Yeah I think that'll probably happen. But I don't even care that much about what happens to Kano, I just want Fujin alive and in the game :(

trufenix

bye felicia
Shawn Himmerick in Quan Chi's reveal trailer said:
In the story of MKX we'll find out if these two evil characters can work together for a common goal or if they have other more sinister agendas.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
Yes, he does:

Whoever her mother is, I hope to hell it isn't an existing MK character.

Sonya and Johnny are a special case because they're interaction was partially built upon in MK9. Goro/Kintaro and Sheeva would work because they've known each other for years(more than likely thousands of so) and Sheeva may or may not be one of Goro's wives IRC. Liu Kang and Kitana, sure if Liu Kang is resurrected.

Anyone else would be really forced and cliche.
Reptile and Khameleon.

Baraka and MIleena Was planned for MK9.

GGA Max

The Raiden's vision show Kano stabbing a Shokan with a dagger, i wonder if that is the stolen Kamidogu and he is "infecting" people with it, because being in contact with the Kamidogu apprently makes people lose control. Chapter 5 i believe, the descripition says an entire village was frozen, which is most likely Sub-Zero under the effect of the Kamidogu.

EDIT: The Sub-Zero thing is actually issue#5 i think, and each issue has 3 chapters, so i would be around chapters 13, 14 and 15.
Yeah, a lot of people have not been talking about this and it's important.

1. Raiden says the demon is disarming earthrealm of its fighters.
2. The demon tried to make Hanzo rage into revenge-crazed Scorpion.
3. Kano infected sub-zero.

I think that subzero is going to turn on his cyber-buddies after being "infected" (that's a good way to say it I guess.) Which is why we see him freezing them.

As for kano stabbing the Shokan, that knife doesn't look like anything special, cursed, enchanted, etc. But infecting shokan is a more believable explanation than anything else.

I also think Onaga has a pretty good chance of being the boss. Think about it... we have connections to Kamidogu, and a voice in people's heads.... Remember Damashi.

Youphemism

Yeah, a lot of people have not been talking about this and it's important.

1. Raiden says the demon is disarming earthrealm of its fighters.
2. The demon tried to make Hanzo rage into revenge-crazed Scorpion.
3. Kano infected sub-zero.

I think that subzero is going to turn on his cyber-buddies after being "infected" (that's a good way to say it I guess.) Which is why we see him freezing them.

As for kano stabbing the Shokan, that knife doesn't look like anything special, cursed, enchanted, etc. But infecting shokan is a more believable explanation than anything else.

I also think Onaga has a pretty good chance of being the boss. Think about it... we have connections to Kamidogu, and a voice in people's heads.... Remember Damashi.
Yeah I was thinking they might bring back Onaga, especially with the Kamidogu...can you imagine if he's playable too?!

GGA Max

Yeah I was thinking they might bring back Onaga, especially with the Kamidogu...can you imagine if he's playable too?!
Yeah would be cool. Would also fit with the dark tone they've been setting up. His moveset was so limited in Deception, I have no idea how they'd capitalize on him.

Youphemism

Yeah would be cool. Would also fit with the dark tone they've been setting up. His moveset was so limited in Deception, I have no idea how they'd capitalize on him.
Maaaaaaaaaaannnnnnn killing him might involve destroying the Kamidogu again? Who knows? MKX is getting more interesting by the minute!

But if Fujin doesn't make it in over brought-back dead characters I will not be happy...

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I think Onaga is death and his skull is in the chest of Quan Chi's armor, you can see that is a big skull plus his teeth don't look human. Btw, Quan Chi has a new fatality involving the skull, youcan guess it from the last trailer.