What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
There seems to be a new white ninja. Or it's reptile? And kotal is eating a heart... It has to be goros :/
Idk got the issue and it's awesome :)
I thought for sure he'd kill Goro, but the fact that they explicitly put "GORO LIVES" in the recent trailer makes me think other wise.

One of the previews that states Sonya will have a run in with him, however, and that picture of him holding the heard makes me think she might not survive it.

---

Subzero is shown there to be styling on the Tekunin, hopefully Sektor and Cyrax make it out okay.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
It's pretty clear now that "The Netherrealm War" is just shorthand for "our excuse to bring everyone we killed back". Which sucks.
I think that is just what you are taking away from it. There may have been some real consequences for whatever happened.

Also, MK4 was that already. Mileena, Cage, and Lao, all died in MK2/3 but came back in MK3/4 due to some type of resurrection. NRS has done this in the past, all I hope is that they learned their lesson.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
i think the events of MK9 were just to get Raiden out of the picture. they used to be united underneath him but now they probably dont trust him, and some probably want to kill him.

*SPOILERS*
Okay idk how to do the spoiler bar thang to hide the info but here's what happens in chapter 3
-demon fox shows takeda he's drugged and hunged hanzo. Fox is making scorpion relive the events of his past to bring out a new scorpion. Fox tells takeda to put him out of his misery and before scorpion is reawakened.
-scorpion awakes and fights demon fox ( the art is amazing). He stabs fox with the kamidogu, which was the demons plan, he claims every drop of blood makes him more powerful. He beats hanzo up while mocking him how raiden left him in the dark on info about the kamidogu and how it's connected to quan chi.
-takeda kills demon fox by slicing him in half. Takeda and scorpion mourn on what's happened and adventure out to seek raiden. They plan to rebuild the clan, but scorpion first wants to show takeda how to make a god beg for mercy. :))

-raiden and fujin speak about finding the demon. Raiden cuts himself with the kamidogu of order, hoping to help enhance his vision and find the demon. Right after is the page above showing all the old favs returning :)

I thought for sure he'd kill Goro, but the fact that they explicitly put "GORO LIVES" in the recent trailer makes me think other wise.

One of the previews that states Sonya will have a run in with him, however, and that picture of him holding the heard makes me think she might not survive it.

---

Subzero is shown there to be styling on the Tekunin, hopefully Sektor and Cyrax make it out okay.
Well, maybe he does get killed off and that's why it says goro lives? Aha yes true, but I also remember an issues regarding kotal and goro battling for the throne of outworld. It sadly seems more likely towards that also since goro isn't in the main roster. But I hope you're right lol it would be a pretty good shock value to have Sonya killed off that way. But who cares death doesn't even matter anymore lol

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
*SPOILERS*

-scorpion awakes and fights demon fox ( the art is amazing). He stabs fox with the kamidogu, which was the demons plan, he claims every drop of blood makes him more powerful. He beats hanzo up while mocking him how raiden left him in the dark on info about the kamidogu and how it's connected to quan chi.
I'm a little confused, Scorpion beats hanzo up? Or the demon beats hanzo up?

Ahh okay, wasn't sure if they had become two separate entities or something. Thanks!
Shit, so does this demon survive when Takeda kills Fox?
Idk. It seems likely. It shows fox growing his face back when impaled by a sword, signifying the demon was released? And this demon is still being searched by raiden at the end so who knows until the next issue.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Jax daughter?! Jacqueline Briggs? Jade is the mother or I'm just racist?

OH MY GOD OH MY WIND GOD PLEASE
For assuming Jax only knows one black woman(who technically isn't black, as she is from a magical land whose people favor middle-easterners and ancient cultures more than africans) and wasn't married or in a relationship with someone prior to MK1? Not so much racist as much as you're favoring ridiculous and unlikely conclusions.

trufenix

bye felicia
I think that is just what you are taking away from it. There may have been some real consequences for whatever happened.
I know there's no accounting for consequences and I'm sure there is an explanation, but the fact remains these characters made a sacrifice in MK9 that is now irrelevant. Each resurrected character represents an opportunity to invent a new character or assign a new role to another character.

Also, MK4 was that already. Mileena, Cage, and Lao, all died in MK2/3 but came back in MK3/4 due to some type of resurrection. NRS has done this in the past, all I hope is that they learned their lesson.
They obviously haven't. Resurrection is the bane of character development. If they want to ignore or re-write the mk9 church scene (and subsequent dependant scenes) in such a way that these characters don't die, that's one thing but just bringing characters back from the dead is always the worst decision.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
Like someone else said on a forum, it makes sense Reiko is with Mileena. She is the true heir and he always wanted Kahn's position.

I wonder if any dead hero stayed dead. There's no way Liu Kang isn't alive somewhere.

MKA Reiko. MKA Fujin. MMA Frost. MK9 Mileena?

shig

kool guy
Yeah... It's weird that Mileena doesn't have a different costume. But then again, Sub-Zero showed up with a weird costume that isn't his one from the game.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
Yeah... It's weird that Mileena doesn't have a different costume. But then again, Sub-Zero showed up with a weird costume that isn't his one from the game.
Kittelson said there'll be costumes only in the comics that were created since certain characters aren't depicted in the time or something.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I DON'T EVEN CARE ANY MORE FUJIN IS IN THE COMICS SO THAT MEANS HE COULD BE IN THE GAME