What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
i highly doubt that was the end of him. we're talking about a guy who got stronger the more blood he lost. im betting his regeneration just takes awhile
The demon won't be dead, but unless Scorpion has the power to revive people like Quan then Fox is dead lol.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
The Raiden's vision show Kano stabbing a Shokan with a dagger, i wonder if that is the stolen Kamidogu and he is "infecting" people with it, because being in contact with the Kamidogu apprently makes people lose control. Chapter 5 i believe, the descripition says an entire village was frozen, which is most likely Sub-Zero under the effect of the Kamidogu.

EDIT: The Sub-Zero thing is actually issue#5 i think, and each issue has 3 chapters, so i would be around chapters 13, 14 and 15.
i think that's just Kano being an ass. from the booths and people i would assume hes in a bazaar. some disagreements about a price were had. most of these are just meant to show you where they are not necessarily what they're doing. based on that pic we know Kano is in outworld

The demon won't be dead, but unless Scorpion has the power to revive people like Quan then Fox is dead lol.
the demon will likely heal him and use his body

Youphemism

Let's get the bad stuff in this post out of the way first: http://kotaku.com/the-new-mortal-kombat-comic-isn-t-even-bad-in-a-good-wa-1678268222

Eugh.

Now to the good stuff. Speculatory stuff.

Why does the Kamidogu of Order have the old Outworld Kamidogu emblem on it?! Shawn Kittelsen is making things more confusing too!:

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

BUT he DID pretty much confirm the ninja behind Kotal Kahn as Reptile since he previously disconfirmed Smoke and Chameleon isn't exactly a fan favourite:

ALSO GOOD THING, COVER FOR #5 WITH D'VORAH

Youphemism

i think that's just Kano being an ass. from the booths and people i would assume hes in a bazaar. some disagreements about a price were had. most of these are just meant to show you where they are not necessarily what they're doing. based on that pic we know Kano is in outworld

the demon will likely heal him and use his body
How can the demon heal him? That doesn't make sense...

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I think he's assuming that Scorpion stabbing the Kamidogu into Forrest's heart transferred all or some of it's powers to him.

I'd be willing to believe that if we didn't get a shot of Scorpion and Takeda standing in front of the burning corpses of the dead Shira Ryu.

Youphemism

I was thinking, if the Outworld emblem is on the Kamidogu of Order and assuming the dagger Fox uses is also a Kamidogu (I say assuming because for some reason it's never referred to as Kamidogu by anyone, just as a "dagger", but when Raiden uses the Kamidogu of Order he calls it Kamidogu the first time we see it) then maybe the dagger Fox uses also has an old Kamidogu emblem on it? So I went back to comic 2 and here's what I got:

Nothing. Fuck all. Zip. So I have no idea what the relevance is between anything any more and am proceeding to shoot myself.

Jk. But that then made me think, why is the emblem for the old Outworld Kamidogu on the Kamidogu of Order? Maybe Raiden has the wrong dagger? The return of Dark Raiden? Maybe this has some sort of relevance after all and I don't have to kill myself? Speculaaaaaaaaaaaaaate.

Oh and on an unrelated note I also noticed this from the second issue round about page 13 in the first picture of Raiden visiting Scorpion:

Lol

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I was thinking, if the Outworld emblem is on the Kamidogu of Order and assuming the dagger Fox uses is also a Kamidogu (I say assuming because for some reason it's never referred to as Kamidogu by anyone, just as a "dagger", but when Raiden uses the Kamidogu of Order he calls it Kamidogu the first time we see it) then maybe the dagger Fox uses also has an old Kamidogu emblem on it? So I went back to comic 2 and here's what I got:

Nothing. Fuck all. Zip. So I have no idea what the relevance is between anything any more and am proceeding to shoot myself.

Jk. But that then made me think, why is the emblem for the old Outworld Kamidogu on the Kamidogu of Order? Maybe Raiden has the wrong dagger? The return of Dark Raiden? Maybe this has some sort of relevance after all and I don't have to kill myself? Speculaaaaaaaaaaaaaate.

Oh and on an unrelated note I also noticed this from the second issue round about page 13 in the first picture of Raiden visiting Scorpion:

Lol
Most likely the logo is fake. We've seen 3 daggers and only 1 has a logo.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I think Onaga is death and his skull is in the chest of Quan Chi's armor, you can see that is a big skull plus his teeth don't look human. Btw, Quan Chi has a new fatality involving the skull, youcan guess it from the last trailer.
That skull shot in the trailer is from Quan's winpose, not a fatality.