What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Shinnok's full power never has and never will be properly represented in game. He's an Elder God, he shouldn't even be touchable. An entire species was wiped out when Raiden defeated him the first time, and all they did was banish him into the Netherrealm.
Agreed. Same could be said for Raiden as well, they've never shown his true power and I doubt they will.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Full summary:

Foregoing cast list this time because there’s no new info, save the following:

Johnny Cage – Straight-to-video action star (lol)
Following after the already previewed pages depicting Scorpion’s death and rebirth and the opening salvo of the Scorpion vs Raiden fight, Scorpion elbows Raiden in the face, stabs him in the chest with his spear, and wraps it around his neck, telling him that “if he’s in there, he hopes this hurts”. Bringing him to his knees and strangling him, Hanzo, in full Scorpion mode, blames Raiden for giving him the dagger, destroying the second Shirai Ryu, and now killing Takeda. But Kenshi’s son calls to him, severely weakened.. Scorpion goes to assist him, while Raiden, coughing, apologizes, stelling them he is now purged, and that they must act quickly to save Takeda’s life
(It isn’t explained specifically, but the implication is that going by Kano’s earlier statement that only death can free someone of the Kamidogu curse, I’m guessing that Scorpion stopped Raiden’s heart just long enough for it to count as a momentary death for a god who can never die – this is likely how Raiden is freed.)

The two take Takeda to the Jinsei Chamber, home of Earthrealm’s life force. Raiden attempts to heal Takeda (awash in blue enrgy and lightning), but he does not wake up; he states that the Netherealm is fighting for his soul, but Takeda is fighting back; Hanzo taught him well. Takeda then awakens, feeling ‘invincible’. Raiden now explains his actions:
We flash back to the aftermath of the Netherrealm war: Raiden implores the Elder Gods to destroy Shinnok’s amulet which now keeps him prisoner; they banished him once, he returned and they banished him again; he needs their help to end this. The Elder Gods explain that destroying the amulet would release Shinnok; that which binds him also keeps him safe. Raiden suggests safeguarding it within a dark dimension; The Elder Gods agree; but a lock is only as good as its key – by their behest, the Kamidogu appear before Raiden.

Each blade has tasted the blood of the One Being, its essence dwells within them. United, their force will contain Shinnok, with the help of the blood of a god – the elder gods enact a ritual, sending the Kamigodu flying into Raiden’s flesh. The ritual worked.

Back in the present, Raiden explains that it was not safe to keep the Kamidohgu in one location; he entrusted them each to deadly champions. Hanzo is irate at this, as Raiden never explained their possessing, psychotic side effec ts. Raiden tells him in was in the champions’ best interests to consider them nothing more than sacred relics in the event they were ever pressed for information (“you can’t betray ignorance”.) He did not, however, foresee a demon corrupting the blood magik. Scorpion suspects Quan Chi; Raiden doubts this, but states that Fujin is investigating the Netherrealm border, just in case. Scorpion asks who else has these daggers; Raiden states that all the other Kamidogu are accounted for save one, stolen years ago…

Bukkittinggi, Indonesia:

Sub-Zero crashes through a window, pursued by generic Lin Kuei cyber-ninjas. Addressing him as Kuai Liang, they advise him to stop running. Sub-Zero, wielding the remaining dagger, tells them he has no weaknesses. Blazing with red energy and hovering in midair, he unleashes a massive ice wave which freezes them all; and hears the voice through the dagger in his ear; “Blood is the path. The time of the blood god is near.”

Raiden notes that Sub-Zero never returned, Scorpion postulates that he betrayed him. Raiden states that whoever corrupted the Kamidogu is clearly after Shinnok’s amulet; Sub-Zero must be saved, to save themselves. He asks for Hanzo’s help. At Takeda’s prompting, Hanzo agrees.

In Outworld, An unknown person addresses Reiko, who is studying texts; Goro’s failure was a setback but it revealed blood magik as the source of Kotal’s strength.

Reiko has done everything the mysterious figure – who he addresses as ‘cleric’ :)D) - has asked, but obtaining the daggers could take years. But the cleric knows where they are. Reiko wants to know how much longer he must share Mileena’s bed; the cleric assures him when the daggers are united, Reiko will not need Mileena, or even himself. He will be emperor of Outworld, and the blood god…

Outworld, the Jungle:

D’Vorah spears a lizard with one appendage and eats it; Sonya is disgusted. D’vorah offers to regurgitate it to share it, only for Sonya to cut her off. Johnny offers Reptile 10 bucks that says “his baby mana snaps before D’vorah.” Sonya is snappy as usual, Johnny defends himself by insisting he’s trying to keep a light atmosphere. Quiet time ensues as the party looks up to find Erron Black heavily beaten, bleeding and tied to a tree above them. Sonya orders hi cut down so he can talk.

We flash back to the confrontation with Mavado over Cassie and Jacqui. The girls conspire to escape in the commotion while Mavado reminds Kano he outbumbers him two to one; Kano takes off one of the Red Dragons’ heads with a laser blast for his trouble.

The fight begins, and amidst the chaos, Erron unties the girls. He offers to get them out if they’ll fight; Jacqui understands, and instantly punches him in the face.

Kano promises to reunite Mavado with Hsu Hao, mocking his death at the hands of “a blind man and a dead guy”. He has mavado on the ropes but is saved by one of the RD goons hitting him in the side of the head with a projectile.
Jacqui continues to pound on Erron, who’s trying to explain something, she is in turn punched out by Kano. He helps Erron up and tells them that they have to fall back, asking for the teleportation stone. Kano laments Erron’s behavior; “this is why you could never be Black Dragon Erron, you’re trying to save people instead of exploiting them.” With that, he flees, leaving Erron to Mavado’s mercy. Mavado slashes him up, only to be startled by Jacqui and Cassie, who gun down more of his men. Mavado states that Reiko wants them alive, but he didn’t say “in once piece”. He attacks, and Jacqui grabs him from behind. Cassie breaks Mavado’s leg at the knee, grabs one of his swords, and vivisects him from groin to neck, spilling his guts everywhere.

Back to the present, Cage looks in bewilderment at Mavado’s remains (“My little princess did THIS?”) Erron rises, bloodied, and tells them the Red Dragons left him to pass on a message: “You are invited to Shang Tsung’s island.”

Sonya states that Tsung is dead, she askes who is there. The answer is Reiko’s spiritual advisor, an ancient cleric named…Havik.

On Tsung’s island, standing alongside Reiko before a banquet, Havik (in his MK9 main outfit), addresses his new guests: “Please enjoy this feast we’ve prepared. It may be your last."

:D
Where does #11 end and #12 begin?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Shinnok is a FALLEN Elder God, therefore depowered and not on par with the actual Elder Gods, the Elder Gods created the kami as a weapon and they even said while they cant rid Shinnok for good they can still defeat or beat him. Banishment, other realms, amulets etc

Raiden is more than powerful enough to defeat Shinnok, 'kill him' is a different story, prob stalemate. Shinnok did afterall defeat Lucifer as stated in mk4 canon comic, but with quanchis help though....

At any rate, Scorp vs Raiden didnt even fight lol scorpion had him in a choke hold and took away the dagger then raiden recovered from possession and helped takeda with the earth healer and his power.

So scorpion agreeing to help sub zero, never think id see that lol

Cant wait to see sub next issue and we get confirmation its KUAI LIANG, so suck it bi han fans!! Haha

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Bi-Han fans should be happy.

NOOB SAIBOT LIVES
I know, true. But now we know sub is kuai liang at least for sure lol. Noob i cant wait to see too though.

And scorp agreeing to help sub who would have thought

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Really fucking irked at that morality flip for Cassie and Jacqui.

They were against fighting in a deathmatch and killing a killer with a +20 body count who made it expressly clear they wanted kill Cassie, but when they get a thug who's job is merely to transport them to an island on his knees and defenseless they choose to gut him like a fish. I'd expect them to knock him out, or at worse just stab him like the not ridiculous people we've been led to believe they were(or at least Cassie, as Jacqui didn't tell her to golf-swing the dude's chest cavity open), but geez.

Not to mention them lighting up those goons with assault rifles like it was nothing.

I have no problems with characters being merciless or unfazed by violence, but I fucking hate hate hate character inconsistency. Especially when it causes a trait I like to turn into one I don't.

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
If they're trying to turn Havik into the next Shang my body couldn't possibly be ready.

The collision of the sheer frustration and complete satisfaction of such a thing would be nuclear.

They were against fighting in a deathmatch and killing a killer with a +20 body count who made it expressly clear they wanted kill Cassie, but when they get a thug who's job is merely to transport them to an island on his knees and defenseless they choose to gut him like a fish. I'd expect them to knock him out, or at worse just stab him like the not ridiculous people we've been led to believe they were(or at least Cassie, as Jacqui didn't tell her to golf-swing the dude's chest cavity open), but geez.

Not to mention them lighting up those goons with assault rifles like it was nothing.

I have no problems with characters being merciless or unfazed by violence, but I fucking hate hate hate character inconsistency. Especially when it causes a trait I like to turn into one I don't.
To be fair, Jacqui does say "Finish him!"

I had the same idea, but then I thought about it. According to the spoiler, Johnny C. was shocked and appalled at the idea of his baby girl Cassie doing something like that, so even the comic acknowledges that it was out of character...in fiction, someone pointing out that someone else "seems off" or "isn't himself today" is always a red flag. Either there's mind control/shapeshifting involved or somebody's lying...and this version of events IS from the perspective of Err on Black, whose motives we don't know.

Lil' odd that he portrays himself as a decent guy and the girls he kidnapped as murdering psycho bitches...

Last edited:

Youphemism

OP updated with #10 and #11 and #12 summaries! You happy now @NRF CharlieMurphy ?

Twitter stuff!

We'll find out what happened to Sub Zero in Chapter 16 - Sub Zero: Sekret Origin!

When we see Reiko in action, will his battle be an epic one? Apparently it will be unforgettable...

YAY WE GET TO SEE FUJIN AGAIN

Robots to appear in the comics?! Cyrax? Sektor? Generic Tekunin? We will find out sometime!

Will we find out what happened to those killed in MK9 that didn't return like Jade and Kabal? Yes, in time:

Speaking of the dead, will Forrest Fox ever return? In the tweets below it are some interesting thoughts...

MKX comics following a new timeline!

Youphemism

Prints #11 and 12 thank me later

PS I bought all the digital comics, it aint pirating just gettin it early since the lameasses arent uploading digitally til later (how hard can it be ?)

snip
Nah come on man, we're trying to support NRS here! We have the summaries, we can wait for the comics to be released digitally so we can buy them or if the print versions are nearby we can go and get them ourselves.
Kano confirmed to have portal stone?
Erron has it does he not?