What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Was first kinda meh when i heard we gonna see Scorpions origin for the 100th time but this chapter looks cool.

lol "Your Hellfire style", wanted Scorpion to answer with "No, not my style...my variation":DOGE
dude that's seriously a missed opportunity no matter how cheesy it is lol.

trufenix

bye felicia
Fujin is a god. He will reborn anyway.
When Raiden died he suicided, I believe "released his godlike essence" and "reformed later in earthrealm" was the exact wording. Most other games make reference to him giving up his immortality to participate in Mortal Kombat, lest they piss off the Elder Gods like Shao did. MK4 specifically says Raiden and Fujin are some of the last surviving gods of Earth, which means others definitely died for good.

AFAIK, we have no idea what the rules on god death in the MK Universe are.

When Raiden died he suicided, I believe "released his godlike essence" and "reformed later in earthrealm" was the exact wording. Most other games make reference to him giving up his immortality to participate in Mortal Kombat, lest they piss off the Elder Gods like Shao did. MK4 specifically says Raiden and Fujin are some of the last surviving gods of Earth, which means others definitely died for good.

AFAIK, we have no idea what the rules on god death in the MK Universe are.
well in mythologies fujin is presumably killed by sub-zero but it's not stated whether or not he actually died and was resurrected or not.

EDIT: just wanted to state I agree with you, there's actually more evidence like you said that they cannot be resurrected but yeah it's really not clear.

trufenix

bye felicia
Was first kinda meh when i heard we gonna see Scorpions origin for the 100th time but this chapter looks cool.
I'm actually glad they're doing it, because there's already a huge fucking inconsistency between the comic and mk9 on this and I want them to tell us if its intentional or not.

trufenix

bye felicia
well in mythologies fujin is presumably killed by sub-zero but it's not stated whether or not he actually died and was resurrected or not.

EDIT: just wanted to state I agree with you, there's actually more evidence like you said that they cannot be resurrected but yeah it's really not clear.
Yea, but he doesn't. He fights Fujin, then Fujin turns into a tornado and disappears.

trufenix

bye felicia
yeah I didn't remember that well really but that probably means he didn't die, was just weak or some shit and ran for it lol
I think technically the only person Sub actually kills in Mythologies is Hanzo. He beats Scorpion, beats the elementals, beats the girls, beats quan chi, beats fucking Shinnok, but the only person who actually 100% dies is Hanzo.

I think technically the only person Sub actually kills in Mythologies is Hanzo. He beats Scorpion, beats the elementals, beats the girls, beats quan chi, beats fucking Shinnok, but the only person who actually 100% dies is Hanzo.
Doesn't he also have the option of killing sareena or am I remembering wrong? That's pretty funny though lol the only enemy you kill is within like the first 5 minutes of the game.

Also while we're on the topic of mythologies, I was on the old ass mythologies website where I came across something pretty interesting

It is believed that a renegade, Japanese-born Lin Kuei warrior named Takeda developed the art of Ninjutsu hundreds of years ago. He returned to Japan to offer his services and knowledge to various lords and generals during that country's feudal period. Many of his skills and techniques were soon copied and learned throughout his homeland. Although the art of Ninjutsu is not based on an individual warriors mutated power, the ninja made up for it with their use of weapons and collective magical techniques that most humans could master with enough practice.

The Ninja have never existed as one collected clan. They work as a loosely connected spy network, made up of several small clans. One such clan is known as the Shirai Ryu. Their founder was Takeda himself, making the Shirai Ryu the very first ninja clan. This also made them instant foes of the Lin Kuei and made Takeda a target for assassination. But, he managed to elude his attackers until his elder years, when he died not from a vicious battle, but in his sleep- a victim of poison slipped into his tea.

Okay so Takeda in MKX might be this guys ancestor or some shit or just a coincidence with the name.. I really don't think that's a coincidence though, he is shown learning from Scorp so this shit has to be intentional some how.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
man... Ive never felt more sorry anyone than seeing how they did Scorpion ... Its on some King Joffrey type torture levels...

side note - Is it me or doesnt it look like there is a Ninja Turtle on SZ's belt?

God damn. Fuck you Bi Han!