What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
Yeah because Quan Chi pulled some bs on Kahn, tricking him into thinking that if he resurrected Sindel it would be totally legal to invade Earthrealm or whatever. Which was what Quan wanted in the first place, he wanted Kahn dead. He knew what was gonna happen.
I'm actually starting to wonder if Quan, somehow, knows about the altered timeline too. And if somehow he related that to Kitana (As in why Cassie's very presence mocks her)..??

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
*sighs* The dialogue does not prove it was Kano, if you could see his face then you could say it was Kano. I'm insisting Erron was on the other side because you can see him and you can see he wasn't behind Cassie and Jacqui, you can't see Kano so any assumption the dialogue came from him is exactly that- an assumption.
I'm still waiting on you providing me with any other character that was present in the plot that talks like what was shown.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yeah because Quan Chi pulled some bs on Kahn, tricking him into thinking that if he resurrected Sindel it would be totally legal to invade Earthrealm or whatever. Which was what Quan wanted in the first place, he wanted Kahn dead. He knew what was gonna happen.
What? When did Quan say that resurrecting Sindel would let him merge with Earthrealm for free? That doesn't make any sense.
I'm still waiting on you providing me with any other character that was present in the plot that talks like what was shown.
Because it doesn't make a difference, I'll provide you with evidence of another character who talks like that when you provide legit evidence that it was Kano speaking instead of "the words written are kind of like words Kano says so it's 100% him".

SLy

Noob
Issue 3 is by far the best. I think having a different artist this time around was also a reason for this.

This was a great read. Reiko being known for his Intelligence as a war general has made me love this guy even more. Even more respect for Kotal now more than ever. And nice to see Mavado and Rain make a appearance finally.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Because it doesn't make a difference, I'll provide you with evidence of another character who talks like that when you provide legit evidence that it was Kano speaking instead of "the words written are kind of like words Kano says so it's 100% him".
Erron wouldn't know who Jacqui is. At least, he wouldn't likely know the name "Briggs". I'd think it has to be someone who would be more present in the entire series who knows who Jax and Sonya are, and what happened after the world came near a close. I don't see Erron as having all of that information on hand.

I'd rather you tackle this one.

Last edited:

Colares

Noob
So if JC is really earth realms champion then does that mean he could be in the game un-aged and even more powerful...or dead ...
Maybe Cassie joins the Special Forces just to get at the Black and Red dragon clans for all this kidnapping BS...and if Jacqui loses a leg imma die ...lol
Wait. Isn't this the only reason we like Jaqui and want her in game?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Dialogue is very telling of who a character is.
If only one character in the story speaks Japanese, and you see someone involved in the plot speaking Japanese, then its assumable proofing that the characters are one and the same if no reason is given otherwise for us to believe anyone else that speaks Japanese is involved.

Or if a character has a certain tick when they speak, use a certain honorific, have a unique accent, or so on.
Kano happens to be one of the very few, if any, characters who speak colloquially, the other coming to mind being Johnny Cage.
Likewise he is the only character involved with the plot that directly speaks in such a way, and its shown he has the girls.

Unless you can happen to prove to me that anyone else involved are the type to use such sayings, I really don't think you have a leg to stand on.
The difference between our arguments is I have at the very least something, and it's a damn good something.
You have nothing. At least, nothing solid. Just denials, no counter proofing.

At the end of the day, my something is still greater than your nothing. Give me a reason to believe what you say, or stop trying to sell me something your evidence can't afford.

Another thing: Erron wouldn't know who Jacqui is. At least, he wouldn't likely know the name "Briggs". I'd think it has to be someone who would be more present in the entire series who knows who Jax and Sonya are, and what happened after the world came near a close. I don't see Erron as having all of that information on hand.
Sorry but this is just absolute hypocrisy. Telling me I have no evidence or a "leg to stand on" when you yourself can't provide evidence other than assuming it's him from apparent colloquialisms in dialogue. Unless you can see his face or someone says it's him you cannot tell me it is him. I mean really, it's like the guy who a couple of pages in this thread ago suggested Reiko has Kahn's Wrath Hammer because he looks like Kahn. No other evidence, just assumption. To you it can't possibly be any other character, even though it probably is from the actual evidence we have like the way the speech bubble was coming from the general direction of Jarek and Tasia.
Thing is, noone is speaking Japanese, they are all speaking English so it becomes much harder to distinguish. If you think it's Kano fine, but you're going to need better evidence than a guess. I actually do have evidence disproving you that I can take from the comics, which I have.

Your something is nothing, an assumption, a guess. I have proof, which you should think about providing yourself...if you can somehow find any.

Another assumption. How do you know he doesn't know who Jacqui is? I never insinuated it was Erron anyway mind you, it's only you who thinks he was behind Cassie and Jacqui.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Another assumption. How do you know he doesn't know who Jacqui is? I never insinuated it was Erron anyway mind you, it's only you who thinks he was behind Cassie and Jacqui.
I cleared off my discussion on the dialogue because I felt it would get too complicated. Also what proof do you have, aside from an idea of where its coming from when, in reality, you don't know which side of the portal is being seen. Thats about it. You still haven't named anyone who fits the description, so until you do, you can't outright exclude him. Plus they make no mention of Jacqui when they arrive, only Cassie. Can you prove they knew who she was ahead of time, by chance? I'd assume not.

How would he know? If he was sent to retrieve Cassie, and Jacqui happened to be there by chance (which more or less seems to be the case as they had no reason to expect her there) then how would he recognize her? If you are going to insist he was briefed on her before, I'll need a reason why since up until this point neither Jax nor Jacqui have been present in the plot or around Erron in any sort of way. I await your responses insisting that yet another plot hole exists because of "continuity errors" (by the by, Mileena's eyes changing wasn't a continuity error, it was an artist swap).

It has to be one of four people: Erron, Jarek, Tiana, or Kano.
Out of those four, Kano is the only one we can logically assume knows who Jacqui Briggs is to the point of being able to recognize her when she wasn't expected to be there.