What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Ahaha. Hope this means he isn't in MKX, but they left it open...

Also really like Kotal's little team. Thanks to the comic we get a little back story for them, which really helps establish them as some of the best new characters introduced to MK. Imo.

Every new character from Deception can f&*k off. :)

Last edited:
This Outworld Civil War shit is hitting all the right notes. Intrigue, good dialogue, freakish characters killing each other. Isn't that what Mortal Kombat is all about? Kittelsen may be hitting his stride.

Kotal getting shot though? To paraphrase Negan from Walking Dead, "Do not destroy my image of him. He's a fucking badass." Hopefully he gets up, plucks the bullet out and rips Sonya a new, structurally superfluous behind.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
I KNEW it was going to be a bad day for Rain as soon as I saw his pouty stance. Goodnight sweet Prince!

Mileena's outfit is fucking glorious! However, her personality is embarrassingly naïve.

I would have preferred Goro dying IMHO.

Usually I'm on the side of maternal baddesses but FUCK SONYA BLADE. This one finds her an annoying ass prick.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Well he did go "nnngh" but, let's be real, he'll probably be utilized to say a few lines before being kaput.

... Or they'll have him be revived for a new costume purpose/give him new powers (lol).
Wait a minute... Burnt to a crisp means he is now no longer in his mk9 outfit... Maybe they just didn't want to burn a new one...
Also was Erron Black left behind to ummm "watch" Cassie... Whatever they did with her...

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
Predictions on how Goro lives after his encounter with kotal kahn?

I'm guessing Quan chi heals his arms.

Kotal should've taken them as trophies :)
Wait a minute... Burnt to a crisp means he is now no longer in his mk9 outfit... Maybe they just didn't want to burn a new one...
Also was Erron Black left behind to ummm "watch" Cassie... Whatever they did with her...
Honestly, I don't think Outworld took her, I think Kano and the Black Dragon set that up just to give Col. Blade and Special Forces the run around yet again.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
My dick is redefining hard right now. Favourite issue so far, soooooooooooo good!

Ferra/Torr making their first appearance is kool, as well as Kotal on the GOTSdamn d i n o s a u r, that Red Dragon beatdown and
Kotal cutting off Goro's arms as well as calling Goro over for kombat with the Red Dragon kebab, Rain looking like a badass before the whole scorching thing, Kotal eye-poking that guy and RIPPING GORO'S ARMS OFF.
I mean FUCK!

Plot-related stuff:
I wonder how the blood magik will affect Kotal? It didn't seem to affect Raiden that much but he didn't use it for that long.

I don't think Kotal knows Erron has Cassie. Maybe Erron branches off and does his own shit? Character development!

I also think Reiko is up to something, the things he's saying are too convenient for distracting Mileena. Making her think about how Goro could be a traitor meanwhile planning to.....maybe kill her and take the throne for himself?

...so I can take you somewhere secluded and murder you. And by murder you I mean hit you up with one o' dem fatalities, not murder you like how I did in chapter 7 ya get me?

Also I'm pretty sure Goro will have the green projectile thing as one of his moves in game, I hope for Goro mains sakes it's faster than his MK9 one...

For a laugh:
Seriously though, look at this.

How do you expect me not to laugh at this?! :DOGE

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Either way Rain is still alive, he's clearly still making noises and the writer said he wasn't dead sooo ya. I'll take ANY ninja over ANY special forces character I don't know how people find characters like Rain lame but find special forces characters interesting..

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
Rain sucks, I hope he escaped only to be shanked by Tanya for using Water as a weapon. How lame, lol.
there's something odd about a Tanya fan saying Rain sucks... as the only good thing about Tanya was ripped from Rain. Her being a traitor and all that.
Her moves suck. Her design sucks.

Oh well. Hope I never have to see that shitty character anywhere near MKX.