What's new

MKX AntiAirs: Which characters cannot Anti Air in Mkx

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
LBSH though, the fact that Tempest Lao is considered a demi-god when it comes to anti-airing in this game goes to show how shitty anti-airs are.

Put Tempest Lao in Injustice and you have characters like Aquaman and Flash who do what he does but meterless.
This 100%, consistency and damage. Armor eats any type of jump in regardless of whether its got a dumb hitbox, crossup or if it is a kick and you get 30% into a hard knockdown, and because it is never not worth it to AA you can play a stronger fundamental game.

666 I HazeOner

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Take a notebook, a pen
; Go in practice and record a dummy doing all aerial attacks in all possible ways thinkable, from far, close, delayed crossover, etc...
; start the record and find the best option for each attack (I always start while holding block). And yes, sometimes you can only backdash or block, get over it.
; write it down
; rinse & repeat for all characters.

Voila, you just made your own personal AA guide!
It seems like a chore but it's still more fun than playing in that online jumpfest. You can't learn the AA game online imo, a lot of AA normals have only few active frames and online delay will crush your hope of doing a decent AA.

Last edited:

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Reptile has good anti airs and decent anti cross ups. He gets around 30% out of an anti air. If someone says otherwise they're an online scrub.
Yeah, I failed to AA here because of lack of knowledge

SZ's air normals are ridiculous and not an indicative of your average jump normal.

Last edited:

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Yeah, that's my point... Anyone can AA SZ on training mode.
No. I'm saying you literally cannot AA with that with a normal jump-in. Only if you set Sub to do his jump attack way at the end of his arc so you're AA'ing the jump rather than the jump attack. I'm testing Mileena's roll and it works regardless though, at worst it'll make his jump attack whiff.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
No. I'm saying you literally cannot AA with that with a normal jump-in. Only if you set Sub to do his jump attack way at the end of his arc so you're AA'ing the jump rather than the jump attack. I'm testing Mileena's roll and it works regardless though, at worst it'll make his jump attack whiff.
Oh.... Yeah, most of the times it gets stuffed or roll goes under so it's kind of like a 50/50 :S I rather just be consistent and AA him with EX roll.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
does it even do 5%?
You say 5%, I say nothing.

If you are going to use an armoured move with Erron Black, why use that for "5%" when you could use armoured Slide, which is more damage and grants a HKD, and even if it misses, it is very hard to wiff punishes, and that's if you haven't already spent some of your stamina before jumping at him anyway. Its not great, but it will do.

Standing 1 will prevail most times, except against those OP jump in punches that some characters have...good luck AAing them with any standing normal, let alone one as good as Erron Black's 1.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
I just want to say there are very few fighting games there is a catch all AA. Even Street Fighter, from ST to SFIV, DP's are not always the answer. And for a lot of characters you need meter or a charge move or both to shut down the better jump attacks.

Maybe there is a character or 2 where maybe they need help in the AA department. But this attitude of AA in MKX being universally sub-par to most fighting games is for the birds.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I forgot to say if you're a Cassie player no need to post when u have a 6f Cw
I sometimes don't aa with cw because i use it too early :O

@Espio in my experience from so called "jump range" I'm alright with AAs, and also on crossovers where u1 and d1 can be used well, but in sweep distance is where I find I struggle most AAing with Goro

Last edited:

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
You say 5%, I say nothing.

If you are going to use an armoured move with Erron Black, why use that for "5%" when you could use armoured Slide, which is more damage and grants a HKD, and even if it misses, it is very hard to wiff punishes, and that's if you haven't already spent some of your stamina before jumping at him anyway. Its not great, but it will do.

Standing 1 will prevail most times, except against those OP jump in punches that some characters have...good luck AAing them with any standing normal, let alone one as good as Erron Black's 1.
Idk if youre against me or answering me

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I just want to say there are very few fighting games there is a catch all AA. Even Street Fighter, from ST to SFIV, DP's are not always the answer. And for a lot of characters you need meter or a charge move or both to shut down the better jump attacks.

Maybe there is a character or 2 where maybe they need help in the AA department. But this attitude of AA in MKX being universally sub-par to most fighting games is for the birds.
I feel like SFIV had really good AA's. Just thinking about Guy, he could AA pretty consistently. You did have to know the range of the attack but it was pretty easy. Long range jumps could be AA'd with st. HK. Closer jumps could be AA'd with cr. MP. Crossovers you could use close st. HK. On wakeup, he could use ex hurricane kick. Most other characters had a similar set of options or even better. Yes it was spacing/situational on what button to press, but if you were looking for a jump and knew it was coming, 95% of the time you could AA on reaction or at least trade.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Liu Kang can AA on reaction with his pretty good d2 and sort of anticipate a jumpin and punish with U4(unintuitive as fuck though).

Still it's always a good idea to jumpin against Liu Kang IMO. Also Liu Kang jumpins are absolutely terrible, you can AA him for free with essentially everyone.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
idk im in practice getting the roll aa pretty consistent maybe im just the best mileena but it doesnt seem that hard
ah cmon now, everyones godlike in pratice mode, compare real in game data and then you might see a different story.
i have had my roll stuffed by subs jump in punches many a time,
no other character (apart from maybe kung lao) stuffs roll as much as sub zero.

its not the fact of aa'ing late, its the fact that you have a muuuucccch smaller window to aa without compared to 99% other jump attacks.
the jip is hitting mileena in the active frames of the roll because the hitbox of the move scraps the ground where his hurtbox does not, add also the fact sub zero has a ninja style jump and hands down the best auto correct (that pic above this post gives a good visual)

What?
Mileana's roll is one of the best in the game and her D2 is also godlike.
@1man3letters
no man going by tym logic since at least 1 character can do something about it, its trash.
(see cassie player posts about f34 when blocked as example)

roll does not get stuffed bro that things hurtbox is too low if you even have reactions the jump should be AAable
Well to be fair, Roll loses to just about any jump kick. And Uppercuts aren't as strong vs Jumpkicks as opposed to Jump punches. From what I understand, Sub-Zero and Scorp are known to have some of the better Jump kicks in the game.