What's new

MKX AntiAirs: Which characters cannot Anti Air in Mkx

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I would like anyone and everyone who complains about AA in MKX to list me a character that can't Anti Air and also what characters cannot be Anti-aired at all

Thanks in advance
Unless it's a trip guard (universal gameplay mechanic, not what I think you're talking about) it is impossible to AA Bojutsu Kung Jin with Shotgun Jacqui from my personal experience. He jumps in and you either block, or get hit 100% of the time.

Edit: Make that Jacqui as a whole character.

Espio

Kokomo
The one I hear the most about is goro.
(I use ex pw btw to anti air)
I don't even get why he gets mentioned so much honestly. I have footage of me anti-airing Scorpion's jumps in cross continental online lag from California to Michigan with down 1 against a great player when the game first came out (this was before the jump normal nerfs by the way). Plenty of footage of doing it with ex telestomp and down 2 as well. His anti-air isn't godlike, but the dishonest narrative of "everyone jumps for free" is just silly. I don't usually use ex punch walk though, but it's not a bad idea.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Hmmm tough to say considering how all the charactersI play happen to have decent to pretty damn good anti airs, I never really got the complaint of the game having a lack of anti airs. Perhaps reptile for up close anti airs since his upper cut isn't the greatest, but I tend to catch people with force ball from mid to far screen.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Oh that's what you meant.

But anyways I feel that Jin and maybe Lao can't traditionally be anti aired

But I'm not complaining, Kitana keeps them out of the air pretty well :p

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
@SaltShaker
It's widely known jaqui #1 issue is shit anti air

I'll look at it anyway
I wouldn't say that's the #1 issue but it's an issue. You can still low profile in certain mu's with d4 but her d4's just whatever to throw out.

The only AA's I've found to sometimes work with her are b1, uprockets in full auto (duh), and straight shot in shotgun. B1's too slow to have any sort of reliability, straight shot seems to have a weird hitbox (haven't played with it enough though), and rockets are too slow to get as a reaction with the majority of jump arcs. S1 can sometimes work depending on the MU and the distance of the jump, but definitely not reliable in 95% of situations

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Erron Black has trouble in the AA department in all 3 variations.
Standing 1 is very good, but only against certain characters at certain distances. EXStab, EXSlide, and EXSand are wholly unreliable. The moves will whiff or your armor will be popped. S1 is decent for crossups, but you're better off doing something else.

Also, I'm not sure what goal this thread is trying to achieve. If it's anything pompous, I'll be disappointed.
I'm saying that because it's common knowledge AAs in this game are very weak for a sizable amount of the cast.
PLease revise your last sentence into specifics because I'm gonna blow your erron black example up

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Erron Black has trouble in the AA department in all 3 variations.
Standing 1 is very good, but only against certain characters at certain distances. EXStab, EXSlide, and EXSand are wholly unreliable. The moves will whiff or your armor will be popped. S1 is decent for crossups, but you're better off doing something else.

Also, I'm not sure what goal this thread is trying to achieve. If it's anything pompous, I'll be disappointed.
I'm saying that because it's common knowledge AAs in this game are very weak for a sizable amount of the cast.
Who can erron black not anti air????

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I don't agree. Some characters legitimately have shit AA's, but most just aren't doing what they need to yet. At the worst, most characters have a good d2 to AA.

Also, just because you can't use the same thing universally against all jump normals doesn't mean it's bad. Different jump arcs/jump attacks are intentional. Just some characters have more reliable things than others, and you have to work out what you do in mu's/situations.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
For a lot of characters, true AAs are almost non-existent in most crossover situations. Are we counting crossovers?
Crossovers are better to anti air with normals so you have to find which one(if any) work with you characters and go from there. Crossovers can also be more easily low profiled.