What's new

MKII Tier List Discussion

dubson

Noob
X820 said:
This looks pretty spot on to me, not sure about Scorp/Raiden though..

If anyone can take on Raiden, it's scorpion, he can get out of the way and his ability to be anywhere on the screen is a force to be reckoned with.

Remember that almost no character is as pattern based as raiden, teleporting often gets a rev. spear, not to mention serious damage when a superman attack is blocked (decoy, spear, uppercut), wich happens quite a lot.
While I agree that the match-up of Raiden vs. Scorpion is in Scorpion's favor, one match-up is not enough to put a character above one character he/she has a better match-up against.

It would have to be Scorpion having more favored match-ups against the entire cast than Raiden, which I do not see currently...

A person with predictable patterns has issues within itself, and would obviously never be qualified for tier list testing...

And while I agree that Scorpions "ability to be anywhere on the screen" to be a force to be reckoned with, Raiden's "ability to be anywhere on the screen" is infinitely better than Scorpions.

X820

Noob
I personally see Scorpion up there, if not above Raiden on any tier list.
We both can think of 100 reaons why the one is better then the other..

We could try out for ourselves though, still waiting for you to install mame lol ;)

dubson

Noob
I just prefer the PS3, I guess.

I have a 67 inch tv and a nice audio system, its pretty sick on there...

I just don't have to ambition to try and set up mame lol, I have no idea what I'm doin.

dubson said:
I just prefer the PS3, I guess.

I have a 67 inch tv and a nice audio system, its pretty sick on there...

I just don't have to ambition to try and set up mame lol, I have no idea what I'm doin.
Set it up, bro. I want some fucking data! I'd be more than happy to keep track of match results if you guys would send it to me. You don't have to tell me who was who, just tell me which character defeated which character, how many times, and out of how many matchups. I wish more of you high tiers would be up for this, we could easily set a very accurate tier list this way. I'm sure some of you are willing to do this.

All I have is theory, but here is my numbered tier list;

1. Mileena
2. Jax
3. Liu

Upper Mid
4. Kitana
5. Kung Lao
6. Shang Tsung

Lower Mid
7. Scorpion
8. Raiden
9. Cage

Bottom
10. Sub-Zero
11. Baraka
12. Reptile

...from best to worst. I really don't see Sub-Zero being mid-tier or better than Cage. Head-to-head, the match, IMO, is 6-4 Cage. Sub does do a little better against Mileena, Jax, and Liu than Cage, but not by too much. Meanwhile, Cage does better against Raiden, Scorpion, Shang, and Kung than Subbie. I think people like Subbie because he can play some mind games and has high-damage options, but I also believe he has a higher chance of being completely shut down than most other characters. What do you guys think about this? Head to head, who is better? Which is better vs. the rest of the cast? You already know my opinion, I'd like to hear from those more experienced. Maybe you could point out something I missed.

imo scorp > raiden, he has too many answers for him...
raiden projectile < scorp teleport
raiden superman < scorp spear
raiden teleport < scorps ability to uc, rh, or just teleport out
raidens whiff shock grab < anything he wants

I like rep > baraka:) I would love to test out my baraka for testing!

wtf is skarlet??

AriaDelano said:
imo scorp > raiden, he has too many answers for him...
raiden projectile < scorp teleport
raiden superman < scorp spear
raiden teleport < scorps ability to uc, rh, or just teleport out
raidens whiff shock grab < anything he wants

I like rep > baraka:) I would love to test out my baraka for testing!

wtf is skarlet??
I always find that Raiden is my go-to-guy against a good (turtling) Scorpion.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I think that Raiden has the advantage over Scorpion because he can be right on top of him in a heartbeat. The only thing that Scorpion shuts down is the Superman. Any spear means Raiden gets in for free. If Raiden anticipages a spear, he teleports to free Shock Grab combo.

Scorpion can easily land his b&b 47% combo off any SUJP, where Raiden doesn't have any guaranteed combos outside of a hit-confirm jump attack into Superman.

I'd say it's 6-4 Raiden. What shuts down any Male Ninja? The up-close jab game. Raiden has a very good one and he can be top of you from anywhere.

dubson

Noob
So yeah.... Kitana is number 4.... and should be on any list.

She is definitely a step down from anyone in the top tier, but I don't see anyone else above her in the game.

The bitch is just ruthless, and someone who has the instant air fan perfected is a huge pain in the ass.

The up close game

The corner combos

The list just goes on and on.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I was just thinking about this exact same thing when I got home from school...Kitana is so good.

The iAF and possibility of a guaranteed combo of at least 50% just because you guessed wrong and jumped at her lol

X820

Noob
tonshaad1230 said:
Konqrr when will we see some more character guides updated? i'd like to see one for MK4 if not already done.
Next time ask in the appropiate topic, this is MK2 tier list discussion, not Q&A about irrelevant matters.

Click here