What's new

MKA got shutdown?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Get an xbox, they are like 100$ on sale and you get 3 free months of online with every console.
I just really realized how bad PSN is recently when the MK2 players were bragging about how much better kaillera is because you can *gasp* play more than one player at a time and communicate to each other LOLMFG!

I'm seriously not even trying to start a console argument here, I'm not that kinda guy. I hate all of them, but online support is such a big part of gaming these days and if you are going to take part in online play, why not choose the better online support to make it as close to offline play as possible when the option is cheap.

hmm MK2 is the only one with that problem.. but u can talk with people while ur playing mk2 like with Mame... games like tekken, ssf4, soul cal etc u can have 4-8 players in a room.

id also like to point out that in MKA, bone and myself had it for xbox and PS2 and it was slightly laggier on the xbox side.. but honestly it was who ever i played it was different from person to person on both systems. it wasnt as if i had a perfect connection with everyone i played on both systems. again it was different from person to person. thats why i laugh when people say "PSN server sucks" "xbox server is great" or vice versa. Bull shit, its person to person.

i can only assume 360 is better since every one is saying it is. however people never accurately judge stuff like xbox vs PS.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Same here, I have never even played a PS3 online, but I've never heard anything good about it and plenty of bad. You sure as hell don't hear about xbl getting hacked as often outside of scoreboards.

It sucks we have a gap between a ton of players to begin with. They need to start releasing more fighters on PC.
** i think its the "kool" thing to do is say that PSN online sucks... it gets boring..

i need to find my plug that allows me to use my ps2 controller. id like to play u in mk2 some day. im not as good as i use to be but i always like games for fun or whatever :) i might knowwhere it is.. goes to look.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Sure thing, I don't really play much anymore either. I just played in this recent tournament because they didn't have 16 players yet. First one in over 3 years :confused:. Try to get that shit this weekend and we'll play if you are around because I probably won't have a ton of time come Monday.
kool, been looking. ill send a pm when i find it :)

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Ill be honest, of the few people I played on both XBL and PSN, our connection was pretty much the same.....but Dominant Sword in particular, we had a better connection in MKA on PSN, oddly.

Yeah I wasn't directing it at anyone in particular.
It always seems to me like almost every 3D MK player has a PS3 and I never knew why.
I wanted to play a couple people back when MKDC came out and nobody had XBL.
Did most of you guys meet up on PS2 originally or something?
Oops, sorry Scheiss. My mistake.

Ive known Dan in particular since the MKDA days on MKO. He doesnt remember from then, but i was there.
Most of the rest of us go back to either MKA or MKD on ps2, yes.
Ive tried playing MKDC on an xbox controller. It was horrible lol.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster

Ive known Dan in particular since the MKDA days on MKO. He doesnt remember from then, but i was there.
And that's why PSN still has legions of followers. XBox controllers are terrible. Why can't we get a working controller for the price of a game system? Not everyone can/should have to fork up 60-150$$ for an Arcade Stick, and not everyone even wants one in the 1st place. I'm with Scheiss, I hate all the consoles, cuz none of them will learn from each others' mistakes and figure out how to build the BEST mousetrap.

And that's why PSN still has legions of followers. XBox controllers are terrible. Why can't we get a working controller for the price of a game system? Not everyone can/should have to fork up 60-150$$ for an Arcade Stick, and not everyone even wants one in the 1st place. I'm with Scheiss, I hate all the consoles, cuz none of them will learn from each others' mistakes and figure out how to build the BEST mousetrap.
Thats kinda why ive given up on fighting games as well. Cant find the right controller anymore. Everyone already knows how anal i was about it during MKD and MKA. I would buy a new controller every few weeks or so. LOL.

Now they jsut dont feel comfortable anymore, and i find myself messing up just because of the controls.

If i could use a Gamecube controller on my ps3, then i would be a happy man.. That controller started it all for me, and my movements are more crisp (with the exception of teleslams). To this day ive never gotten a chance to use a GC controller vs anyone. Im a bad motherfucker on one of those.

techn9ne

Footsies

YESSSSSS!!!! Someone agrees with me. omg i went to my friends house the other day and he wanted me to show him some stuff... man I couldn't hit shit. going for Liu's bike kick and accidentally jump, stuff like that.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Damn really? I couldn't play Bloody Roar or SCII on a GC controller let alone MK....how strange our tastes differ so much. I actually like BR and SC on GC cuz the graphics were amazing, but i learned a long time ago, if a game has amazing graphics but shitty control (IMO), it's not good for you. Xbox has better graphics, without question, but when it comes down to it, people who play Fighting Games would rather have better control than graphics. What are u gonna do with a game that looks cool but plays like shit? Just ranting, lol I guess my GC controllers are a bit old too, but I never liked the D-pad, honestly. Now the Madcatz GC controller was great until the buttons started to stick.never did get to play GC's MKD but DID have the pleasure of MKUnchained on PSP and I loved it. It was MKDA i tried playing on GC, and I was terrible, just in Konquest mode alone....then again, MKDA, MKD and MKA on XBox all sucked IMO too cuz I hated the controller. REGULAR Xbox controller

@ techn9ne, yea, the biggest problem I had on Xbox was involuntary jumping and telekinetic slams.

techn9ne

Footsies
Damn really? I couldn't play Bloody Roar or SCII on a GC controller let alone MK....how strange our tastes differ so much. I actually like BR and SC on GC cuz the graphics were amazing, but i learned a long time ago, if a game has amazing graphics but shitty control (IMO), it's not good for you. Xbox has better graphics, without question, but when it comes down to it, people who play Fighting Games would rather have better control than graphics. What are u gonna do with a game that looks cool but plays like shit? Just ranting, lol I guess my GC controllers are a bit old too, but I never liked the D-pad, honestly. Now the Madcatz GC controller was great until the buttons started to stick.never did get to play GC's MKD but DID have the pleasure of MKUnchained on PSP and I loved it. It was MKDA i tried playing on GC, and I was terrible, just in Konquest mode alone....then again, MKDA, MKD and MKA on XBox all sucked IMO too cuz I hated the controller. REGULAR Xbox controller

@ techn9ne, yea, the biggest problem I had on Xbox was involuntary jumping and telekinetic slams.
Yeah I modded my original xbox lately and have been playing umk3, and I am getting used to the controls. but then if i go to my friends house and play on his snes, i am like gold lol

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Yeah I modded my original xbox lately and have been playing umk3, and I am getting used to the controls. but then if i go to my friends house and play on his snes, i am like gold lol
Shit, ur solution is simple...u need MKT for N64 :D I concur it's tad bit glitchy and freezes every ONCE in a while but the gameplay is SPEC-TACULAR, IMO

U heard this one yet, Tech or IS THIS actually YOU rapping?..llolol

64 was another great pad. The perfect dpad. It was great for Ki Gold. I used TJ, so buffering rolls from back to forward was alot easier on a pad than a stick in the arcades. Loved every minute of it. Same goes for shooters (besides the WII), all id use is a 64 if i had my choice.

Arez, you ever seen my MKDA arcade ladders? They were done on the WII (GC).

doing shit like at 1:26 in that video is what im talking about. You simply cannot be that precise on a ps2 pad. transitions from high to low were faster as well because of the smaller dpad. Even backdash canceling came out faster and added more invisable frames to it on a GC pad cuz it was so precise.... I simply love it. Enjoy those videos, even though i hadnt played MKDA in years.

Also all my MKA endurances were done a GC pad. Pretty much impossible to parry cancel on that shit. Yea, i admit, the block buttons were loud and clunky, but if you didnt mind the noise, then its all the same. But yea, regardless of all that, no way to parry cancel with those huge ass buttons.

This whole thread makes me sad, because I never got a chance to experience MKD and MKA like you guys did. :(
You missed out on my crazy days. Man every time i fought in that game i popped a hit of X. lol. Sometimes the ligaments in my hands would stop working. No joke. Those were some crazy fucking times.

I was on x in these matches lol:

I wound up winning that tournament vs. Dan's Hung Gar :) I remember it too. I didnt have any x, so i popped a codone. lol. Shit i used to pop them during MKA too cuz my hand problems that i mentioned above. I have truly destroyed my hands from doing combos. They start to hurt after 5 minutes anytime i play. I was codone'd up in those Bone Check matches too (only the first ones). I think the main cause of my hand problems came from constantly playing on new controllers.. Im sure you guys know how tight those dpads are once you first get em.

Now im just an aspirin and alka seltzer guy :)

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
This whole thread makes me sad, because I never got a chance to experience MKD and MKA like you guys did. :(
I was around for MKD the whole way... and lemme tell ya... those are some fuckin' memories. There were guys that were amazing with certain characters and just overall awesome people of the community that have lost touch with the forums, therefore some of them I haven't seen around for years.

Just to name a few:
Rion (Hotaru), CHINGON (Shujinko I think), BMB (Jade), Quik1320 (Ermac), etc, etc, etc...

MKA is where I lost touch though. I moved out with a friend for over a year and we never got internet connection, so yeah... when I finally got back into the community it was like an addiction. :D

techn9ne

Footsies
Shit, ur solution is simple...u need MKT for N64 :D I concur it's tad bit glitchy and freezes every ONCE in a while but the gameplay is SPEC-TACULAR, IMO

U heard this one yet, Tech or IS THIS actually YOU rapping?..llolol

I don't have trilogy for N64, but i have it for psx.. gameplay is really crisp, and fairly quick when tsungs morphs are off.

Thanks, I have that song but been a while since I have heard it. I love te beat, it has that old school style.

techn9ne

Footsies
64 was another great pad. The perfect dpad. It was great for Ki Gold. I used TJ, so buffering rolls from back to forward was alot easier on a pad than a stick in the arcades. Loved every minute of it. Same goes for shooters (besides the WII), all id use is a 64 if i had my choice.

Arez, you ever seen my MKDA arcade ladders? They were done on the WII (GC).

doing shit like at 1:26 in that video is what im talking about. You simply cannot be that precise on a ps2 pad. transitions from high to low were faster as well because of the smaller dpad. Even backdash canceling came out faster and added more invisable frames to it on a GC pad cuz it was so precise.... I simply love it. Enjoy those videos, even though i hadnt played MKDA in years.

Also all my MKA endurances were done a GC pad. Pretty much impossible to parry cancel on that shit. Yea, i admit, the block buttons were loud and clunky, but if you didnt mind the noise, then its all the same. But yea, regardless of all that, no way to parry cancel with those huge ass buttons.
Yes, N64 was my favorite pad as far as shooters goes Perfect Dark and Goldeneye were awesome back in the day.

techn9ne

Footsies
You missed out on my crazy days. Man every time i fought in that game i popped a hit of X. lol. Sometimes the ligaments in my hands would stop working. No joke. Those were some crazy fucking times.

I was on x in these matches lol:

I wound up winning that tournament vs. Dan's Hung Gar :) I remember it too. I didnt have any x, so i popped a codone. lol. Shit i used to pop them during MKA too cuz my hand problems that i mentioned above. I have truly destroyed my hands from doing combos. They start to hurt after 5 minutes anytime i play. I was codone'd up in those Bone Check matches too (only the first ones). I think the main cause of my hand problems came from constantly playing on new controllers.. Im sure you guys know how tight those dpads are once you first get em.

Now im just an aspirin and alka seltzer guy :)
Yeah sometiems my hands lock up on me when I am playing because of my bike wreak I told you about. Its strange I can't explain it especailly doing jokers reset its like they just forget what they are doing.

I wish I could have been apart of the kommunity back during the day. I love MKD, but I just don't have anyone to play it with offline. I am not the greatest at it, but it takes a lot more skill to play MKD and MKA than MKDC.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/n64_to_wii/index.php?category=

http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/gc_n64_usb_adapters/index.php?category=

Dunno how the lag is on these things, and not completely sure if the USB adapter works on PS3, but something to take note of if you do end up getting MK9, or want to play some games on the Cube/Wii.

Not to mention, you also have the option of customizing sticks...hell the SFIV TE Sticks are so easy to modify, you can just order custom panels to specifically fit your button layout, order your favorite parts, etc.

http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/n64_to_wii/index.php?category=

http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/gc_n64_usb_adapters/index.php?category=

Dunno how the lag is on these things, and not completely sure if the USB adapter works on PS3, but something to take note of if you do end up getting MK9, or want to play some games on the Cube/Wii.

Not to mention, you also have the option of customizing sticks...hell the SFIV TE Sticks are so easy to modify, you can just order custom panels to specifically fit your button layout, order your favorite parts, etc.
Thank you Dontay, You are an awesome guy.

Please, if you can, find me a way to use my GC pad on a ps3 LOL. Bone told me during MKA that he saw one that was 3 in 1 (x,ps3,gc).

Me and ded_ still want to do a AntiAir MKDA vid together :)

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
This is what I'm getting...

Booya

Banned
RIP MKD October 2004- August 2010

RIP MKA October 2006- August 2010

reo and I played MKA hours before it was shut down 3 days ago.

EDIT* I wouldn't count these games gone for good, just yet. :)

Just so everyone knows, The European MK vs DC server was closed down also at the same time as MKA/MKD.

I went ahead and asked Ray the possibilities of it ever returning and he said he doesnt know. I asked him to talk to the administrators since apparently "hes cool with all of them".

Perhaps Ray will come here and give us an update. If not, then i shall return.

RoGE

Noob
Ah the memories, Bobby-motherfucking Blaze, MesoFly and Pig's training video (anyone know where I can find that vid?) and lets not forget all the drama over MKD/A, good times...

RIP