What's new

MKA got shutdown?

RayRod was telling me that they shut down the MKA servers when they cleaned house a few weeks back on MKvsDC. Can anyone confirm?

If so, thanks Bone, Dan, Jago and anyone else here that i might of played for all the memories.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I know on XBL, you can't play any of the regular XBOX game online anymore.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
RayRod was telling me that they shut down the MKA servers when they cleaned house a few weeks back on MKvsDC. Can anyone confirm?

If so, thanks Bone, Dan, Jago and anyone else here that i might of played for all the memories.
OMG i think your right because booyand i tried playing 3 days ago on both MKA and MKD and we couldnt get on. this sucks :( they should have atleast warned us :(

and yea good times we had back then. thank god for our vids we made.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Damn, that's sad... MKD started it all! Dan, you should post your MKD vids if you still have them. ;)

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Oh damn...

I never thought I would feel sad for this, but there was just way too many memories on this game.

GG's guys.

MKA - RIP

I still remember the only 3 games we ever fought to this day, Storms. Actually i only remember one of them. It was Scorpion vs NoobSmoke on the Slaughterhouse. You were a beast back then. I think every match was Scorp vs NS. Again, you were a beast. Maybe one day you can tell me why you left after only 3 games though :(

Dan, the memories... Dude, you were the first to EVER show me love and be like "This dude Check is no joke, watch out for him" I will NEVER forget that, buddy. EVER. It was after that that gave me confidence to hang with the big boys (that means you, Dan). Sindel vs Scorp. Still got em? I will not rest until i have those and Konqrrs vids of us. Damn i miss those days. Dave constantly flirting with females, Me and Karate constantly working on videos. Good times indeed. Will always be the best years to me for me in this community.

But yea, didnt know about MKD getting shut down. All i heard was MKA cuz thats where the hackers base of operation was... They prolly closed MKD down too out of anger or something.

Oh well, at least we have a new reason to bitch about MKD :) But yea, wow. This sucks. I was lookign forward to coming back soon for some games damnit. This sucks...

RIP MKD 2003-2010

MKA - i dont remember.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Man, I just realized how much more skill and brains it took to play Armageddon... :(

It makes me even more sad...

For what its worth...

1 Stance Fights

vs Dan

I'm sure more of these videos can be found.
You are the man, glen. I was just watching some of them then came here and saw this post. And im all like "Damn i hope bone posts our shit" and you fucking did. Thats why you are the man.

This thread should be stickied too, guys. Kind of like a memorial to those games. Anything you can find like bone did, ill add to the first post.

All i can say to myself right now is "Why MKD/MKA and not MKDC" :(

EDIT - Bone doing his thing in that last vid. Good shit, bro.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
That's it. Today im making a legends and lions hall of fame thread after work. Im also gonna work on some sits for you guys. We should 'celebrate' this. There's alot... a lot of memories.

Noob
Are these games now offline for PS2 as well? I know they were shut down for Xbox a few months ago... I would assume the servers for PS2 were still up.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I think they're referring to PS servers also shut down now? Bummer..

Xbox yeah I hated that how they did that to EVERY Xbox one game...from Halo 2 to 3D MK's and all in between...sucks.

Anywho, it was fun way back beating down everyone with Ermac and Dairou in MK D and with Fujin in MKA! lol Good memories. Now it's time to prepare for MK9 killing!! I still remember discovering Ermac's unbreakable on the first day on xbox, nobody else was doing it on there til like a month after. Those were the days lol

Man, Kabal with his hookswords will look sweet in MK9 I can't wait lol.

Are these games now offline for PS2 as well? I know they were shut down for Xbox a few months ago... I would assume the servers for PS2 were still up.
Gone. Completly gone.

Yet somehow, MKDC is still up and overrun by hackers? That makes sense....

Phil, whats going on dude? When we ever gonna talk again?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm really glad I have xbox live then lol I feel for you PS guys, I played MKD and MKA once on those servers...utter garbage IMO. It was like lag on xbox X10...

I hope more guys who play online get Xbox and/or it becomes big to play offline :)

Yes, but it's through WB. (tries to stay hopeful!!!)
Play it no differently then you did in MKDC. Enjoy it. All that matters. We all respect each others games here. By now we should.

If i do play it will be no different than MKDC. I tried to play everyone since i jewed alot of people out of the chance during MKA. I got so sick of playing in SOUTH Florida. Fucking far away from everything. I couldnt even get good connections with people who lived in Florida. It was the worst.

Get an xbox, they are like 100$ on sale and you get 3 free months of online with every console.
I just really realized how bad PSN is recently when the MK2 players were bragging about how much better kaillera is because you can *gasp* play more than one player at a time and communicate to each other LOLMFG!

I'm seriously not even trying to start a console argument here, I'm not that kinda guy. I hate all of them, but online support is such a big part of gaming these days and if you are going to take part in online play, why not choose the better online support to make it as close to offline play as possible when the option is cheap.
Thanks man. I will consider it.

No need to start an argument because ive always agreed with that statement. People claim to say its the same, but just by watching video you can see its not. So whatever..

Demon - maybe 2004 i forget.