What's new

MKA @ Console Combat in Cleveland!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

I brought MKA to our local gaming session in Cleveland...me and P2W got a few matches recorded. Enjoy!

Nice dude, you never told me you had the WII version of MKA. I thought i was the only person here that got it.

When we do MKA at NEC im thinking of bringing the WII version.

Nice Cyrax so far, man. Watching the rest now.

THTB

Thanks man. I forgot I had even gotten it until recently lol.

Hope to see some matches from NEC!

Just got done watching the rest of them. We need you guys to post these as often as possible. It was a pleasure to see this game alive and well again.

I'll talk to Dan about it. Pick up a copy of MKD. (While you're at it, find me a copy too :))

You used Gamecube controllers for this?

THTB

Actually, we used the Classic Controller Pros. They're the closest things to a PS2 pad as far as Wii controllers go. IMO, they're better due to the d-pad.

And I'll see if I can grab MKD from somewhere. There was actually a few people there who seemed like they'd be interested in it...a lot of people at our sessions love to just play obscure game so it's a good crowd to introduce MKA to.

Theres plenty of more people that are gonna be interested now :) Just keep it going. Hopefully guys like Dave show up.

Ive used the classic controller. Its nice, but i haven't used the pro. I stopped using it because of the shoulder buttons (that litte circle thing that you had to let go of half of the controller to press lol, i believe they fixed that in the pro version) and it was a tad bit small.

You'll need Gamecube controllers if you plan on doing MKD on Wii (i think).

And for what its worth. Those matches were damn decent for a game that hasnt been played in years. Good job.

THTB

I think there's homebrew stuff that allows you to use Wiimote + accessories on GameCube games.

Yeah, the Pro is 100% better than the Classic in that regards. The shoulder buttons are standard PS-type buttons. And it has the traditional wings so it feels very similar to the controllers of today, and less crampy. It's much more worth the buy than the original Classics. I got mine off of Amazon for 33 bucks including shipping, so it was even better.

I'm definitely gonna get back into the swing of things for MKA so I can get better matches up. Hopefully others will get interested. And quite possibly Dave can show up for once. :p

THTB

Yeah, me and P2W are definitely gonna get more recorded, and hopefully eventually on our stream if people get interested. My interest with MKA has actually increased now that I have offline play to go by.

Eventually, we could probably end up doing matchup guides and whatnot if things go well.

REO

Undead
nice matches. knowing me id prob still spam sareenas ff1 offline. but im interested to say the least i wonder how some chars would work offline, i know drahmin would be a beast.

THTB

Drahmin is tough lol. P2W played him a match...it's so goddamn hard to fight him without a good D1.

One thing's for sure, though, nearly all of the characters are so different offline and are much more distinct in playstyle when lag's not making shit safe. Like Kung pretty much has no way to actually attack remotely safely other than lows, though parry is 100x more useful now. Kabal can actually punish stuff with spin. Throws can actually be punished...Noob is in the same boat as Kung as far as safety goes. At least in SSFIV online, only input timing changes...but the way everyone plays offline and online in MKA is in some way different, with some 100% different.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
awesome games.. nice to see u boys playing this :) what day/s do u guys do this gathering?

Teddy bear ~ i see that u guys are able to do things i have never seen before. like i see bo being able to just lay on the ground w/o getting hit and i think i saw u do a over head air head stomp on him.. is this just WII version stuff?

Check ~ do u have the WII (or is it gamecube??) deception version? ill play what ever version is best. if u dont have it ill look into getting it when we meet up. the wii version has Kitana in it right?

RoGE

Noob
Check ~ do u have the WII (or is it gamecube??) deception version? ill play what ever version is best. if u dont have it ill look into getting it when we meet up. the wii version has Kitana in it right?
GC version just has Kahn and Goro, PSP version however has Kitana in it

JagoMIH

Noob
nice matches you guys seemed to be having a lot of fun i was glad to finally see some offline gameplay of mka between 2 human players. are yall gonna do anymore?

THTB

awesome games.. nice to see u boys playing this :) what day/s do u guys do this gathering?

Teddy bear ~ i see that u guys are able to do things i have never seen before. like i see bo being able to just lay on the ground w/o getting hit and i think i saw u do a over head air head stomp on him.. is this just WII version stuff?
We have a gaming session every Thursday unless otherwise noted. Whenever I make it, I'll be sure to try and get matches recorded.

Yeah, those are additions to the Wii version's wakeup game. If I'm not mistaken, there's other changes like Havik's free throw after TSD 3 gone.

EDIT: i couldnt find my old MKO post, so here is a post from UMK.com i made instead:

Free Throws - Still in
Air Cancels - Still in
Parry Cancels - Still in
Standard Air to Ground Combos / OTGS / 33 - Still in
Player 2 Glitch - Still in
Wall OTGS - Still in
Impale Glitch - Still in

Haviks Free Throw Infinite - Gone
Hotarus Free Throw Infinite - Gone
Tai Chi 33 Infinite - Gone
BRC's 24 Infinite - Gone
Jades Teleport Infinite - Gone

thats why i like the wii version. Hotaru free throw bs is gone, haviks is gone etc. Problem is the rollout doesnt leave you in any better of a place.

wakeup 2 is also punishable in the wii version. i like that.

wakeup 2 off breakers is an issue in the wii version because wakeup 2 launches.

the controls are a problem. i have a ps2 to gc pad converter but it barely works, and my only other controller is a gamecube controller.

gamecube controller impossible to pc with during juggles, but better controls minus teleslams/random jumps.

stomp is up+throw in the wii version.

jades throw inf is gone because of her slow walking speed, but khameleon still has the inf.

so i dont know. the choice is kinda up to you what you prefer. for me, its harder to get used to playing the ps2 version because of wakeup 2 not being punishable. thats about it.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
We have a gaming session every Thursday unless otherwise noted. Whenever I make it, I'll be sure to try and get matches recorded.

Yeah, those are additions to the Wii version's wakeup game. If I'm not mistaken, there's other changes like Havik's free throw after TSD 3 gone.
ahh i see i see, maybe if you guys plan something on a saturday i could drive out there some day.

THTB

Seasons Beatings is the weekend of October 15-17 in Columbus. Dunno if you're going, but me and P2W are gonna be there, as well as Tim and quite a few others...then there's NEC later on. Bone's supposed to be coming up for that.

But yeah, definitely if everyone's available on the weekend we could definitely get something started.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Seasons Beatings is the weekend of October 15-17 in Columbus. Dunno if you're going, but me and P2W are gonna be there, as well as Tim and quite a few others...then there's NEC later on. Bone's supposed to be coming up for that.

But yeah, definitely if everyone's available on the weekend we could definitely get something started.
im already planning on going to the NEC thing. go look in that thread i have a map of my trip and asking if any one needs a ride there. im picking up check for it :)

oo 2 weekends from now.. i could prolly go up there for casual games on the 16th... maybe some MK2 tourney if thats taking place ill have to check out that thread. will u guys be playing MKA???

I'll be bringing MKA for casuals, most definitely.
i really do not care much about travelling to play in a tourney beacause tournys are a best of 3 and best of 5 in the the final. i just don't feel like traveling for that.

now i do feel like travel for casuals games beacuse i know i would play the way i like to play not just a best of 3 and then bye, bye i don't see you again. mka offline with some of pleyers here oooyeaaa that sounds really good.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
i really do not care much about travelling to play in a tourney beacause tournys are a best of 3 and best of 5 in the the final. i just don't feel like traveling for that.

now i do feel like travel for casuals games beacuse i know i would play the way i like to play not just a best of 3 and then bye, bye i don't see you again. mka offline with some of pleyers here oooyeaaa that sounds really good.
Dude, there is always casuals in tournaments man.

I don't know why people think tournaments are big lines to play 2 games and then be expected to leave. Its supposed to be a fun event, not the DMV. lol

DanCock

Cock Master!!
yea theres lots of systems, tvs and games to play tons of casual games.. and if theres no tv for MKA im bringing mine and my ps3 to make sure we play lots of MKA/D and whatever else.. im making sure i enjoy my 2 nights in philly.. im prolly gonna be drinking some on Friday night, im getting a hotel room im gonna take advantage of that :p

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Good shit, guys! Keep the vids coming :)

I love this video vault btw... :D