What's new

MK9: Unofficial Tier List Speculation, and/or Character Shenanigans Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SZSR

Noob
Well, the best we can do is vids. PSN is down... I'll ask him later today if we can do some matches tomorrow and record them.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah, if you guys do that sure. Tons of people are posting vids of MK9 anyway, but yeah I play on just 360. I don't have a PS3

Right now I see Kung Lao up there, but the one that annoys me most is Scorpion, he's the new ken in MK. The chain dagger is amazing, full screen range, works as AA, it's fast, not very punishable at the proper range and grants full combo, his tele again is great and grants full combo too, together with the fire thing that hits you even on block he has an amazing mixup, but also lots of solid pokes, an overhead that combos with the chain dagger, together with a great xray that punishes everything, I think he's too good, it's the kind of character that you can feel powerless and really want to leave the game.

MY tier list:

1. Kung Lao
2. Ermac
3. Sektor
4. Scorpion
5. Mileena ! <3 <3 <3 :D
6. Kitana :D
7. Cyrax
8. Sheeva
9. Jade <3 <3
10. Johnny Cage

Jedah

Fallen God
Don't have a tier list but I feel that sub zero has been underrated... I believe he is one of the best characters in the game.

I am surprised no one has really mentioned Jade.

There's a few characters I struggle with (Liu,) but Jade is ridiculously powerful for how fast she is. Kung Lao is fast, but at least his moves aren't often powerful.

Neclord

Noob
I am surprised no one has really mentioned Jade.

There's a few characters I struggle with (Liu,) but Jade is ridiculously powerful for how fast she is. Kung Lao is fast, but at least his moves aren't often powerful.
Yes she is poweful. But some of her moves are kinda slow and she has no teleport. So overall I would say, Kung Lao is faster.
Her greatest advantage are her long range moves in my opinion.

But overall she is weaker than Kung Lao, Smoke and Ermac imo.

I don't think Jade is top tier. Mostly she lacks a decent overhead, the only one she has is really slow, and overall no mixup game. Also she doesn't deal a lot of combo damage, around 30%'s at best mid screen no ex no xray, nothing like kung lao or others. Her only good mixup is the ex knife for resets and mindgames.

Neclord

Noob
I don't think Jade is top tier. Mostly she lacks a decent overhead, the only one she has is really slow, and overall no mixup game. Also she doesn't deal a lot of combo damage, around 30%'s at best mid screen no ex no xray, nothing like kung lao or others. Her only good mixup is the ex knife for resets and mindgames.
Yea but don't forget that nearly everyone deal around 30% damage midscreen.
And Kung Lao will probably get nerfed soon.

Kryplixx

Noob
1. Kung Lao
2. Ermac
3. Liu Kang
4. Raiden
5. Nightwolf
6. SubZero
7. Cage
8. Kabal
9. Jade
10. Kitana

I'll leave out Shang Tsung for now... on paper he's the best kharacter in the game... but time will tell. I'm also not sure where to put Smoke/Scorpion/Reptile atm.. but honestly - every kharacter is good and very capable of winning. But those top 3 all need a nerf, asap.

rikana

Noob
Kung Lao on top for sure.

Below him: Smoke, Ermac, Nightwolf, Scorpion, Reptile

Below them: Cage, Sub Zero, Raiden

Dunno.. not in order either.

Neclord

Noob
In that order... ^.^

Top Tier:
Kung Lao
Smoke
Ermac
Raiden
Shang Tsung
Nightwolf

Mid Tier:
Kitana
Sindel
Johnny Cage
Scorpion
Reptile
Kabal
Mileena
Kano
Sub-Zero
Liu Kang
Sonya
Cyrax
Jade
Quan Chi
Stryker
Cyber-Sub Zero
Jax

Low Tier:
Noob
Sheeva
Sektor
Baraka
Kratos

why is sektor low tier? he seems very powerful to me. easy big damage combos, low and overhead into full combo, good anti-air and a teleport...

i use both him and kano, and think there is no way that kano is going to end up higher tier than sektor, unless something really game-changing gets discovered down the road.

Neclord

Noob
why is sektor low tier? he seems very powerful to me. easy big damage combos, low and overhead into full combo, good anti-air and a teleport...

i use both him and kano, and think there is no way that kano is going to end up higher tier than sektor, unless something really game-changing gets discovered down the road.
Hmm yea, you are right.
My list needs some changes.

But it's unofficial anyway. :)

Rabid Justice

Your Soul Is Mine
But those top 3 all need a nerf, asap.
You want them nerf after one week the game is out. Only thing that need fixing right now is glitches and infinites. Should be at least 2 months before any kind of other changes are made.

I have not found a good anti air with Shang. His upper cut is slow and his close ground eruption trades a lot. At the moment he seems mid at best. But his zoning does seem good with his fire ball mix-ups. But a good player will get around them. Need to do more lab work with him.

Sub is a monster. Corner ice close traps seem very hard to deal with. his is top as far as i seen

Mgt2

Noob
In that order... ^.^

Top Tier:
Kung Lao
Smoke
Ermac
Raiden
Shang Tsung
Nightwolf

Mid Tier:
Kitana
Sindel
Johnny Cage
Scorpion
Reptile
Kabal
Mileena
Kano
Sub-Zero
Liu Kang
Sonya
Cyrax
Jade
Quan Chi
Stryker
Cyber-Sub Zero
Jax

Low Tier:
Noob
Sheeva
Sektor
Baraka
Kratos
I see your avatar and I wonder why is Jade Low Mid tier? lolol

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
NONE of the characters need a nerf. It is ONLY a week in. Give it at least 6 months.

Right now, though, my top 5 is this (not in particular order, excluding for Sub being at the top):

Sub-Zero
Kung Lao
Raiden
Nightwolf
Reptile

You guys are sleeping on Sub-Zero, lol.

I wonder what people think of the tier grading.

Do you think it will be as simple as High, Middle and low tier?

I personally think it might end up with a huge lot in mid tier, but with that having to be split up further? Or having Top, High, Middle, Low and Bottom?

Characters I think could be high are Kung Lao, Ermac, Nightwolf and possibly Kitana (I think she may have what it takes to edge into high tier, if not she would definitely be top of the 'mid' tiering).

Characters I think will end up bottom are Baraka and Noob Saibot.

Also is Sheeva really all that bad?

oZii

Noob
1. Kung Lao
2. Ermac
3. Liu Kang
4. Raiden
5. Nightwolf
6. SubZero
7. Cage
8. Kabal
9. Jade
10. Kitana

But those top 3 all need a nerf, asap.
LOL

No offense but you must not be to good if you think Liu Kang, Ermac, Kung need a nerf.

Like THTB said give it time.

Neclord

Noob
I see your avatar and I wonder why is Jade Low Mid tier? lolol
Hehe. Well Jade is one of my favorite characters, but I think she is one of the weaker characters in the game.
But that won't stop me playing her. Cause she is awesome. :)

Mgt2

Noob
Hehe. Well Jade is one of my favorite characters, but I think she is one of the weaker characters in the game.
But that won't stop me playing her. Cause she is awesome. :)
I like her too, She is my second main. Smoke,Jade and Kano. I don't want to drop Kano but no mix ups is a pain. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.