What's new

MK9 PC Online Mode Experiences

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Well, the PC version will have one thing for sure. Cheaters and hackers. I can probably write you a bot that plays for you or make you invulnerable. Or less obvious stuff that your opponent wouldn't even notice. Anyway, all I want is to say that you really shouldn't buy MKKE only for online play because sooner or later the experience will be worse than on console. It happened to every other PC fighting game so there is no reason to expect any different this time.
This just reminded me of something.. are the crouch block invincibility glitches still in the PC port? :eek:

AssassiN

AssassiN

Noob
This just reminded me of something.. are the crouch block invincibility glitches still in the PC port? :eek:

AssassiN

You mean the glitch where you win a round, hold D+block and if it succeeded the opponent cannot hit you at all?
Haven't tried it out yet, but it's probably still in there. As far as I know, they didn't fix anything and only put in new stuff.

Hey nich,

Didn't think I'd see you here, it's me StoneCold from the Steam community hub forums ;)

Anyhow, just thought I'd share this with you guys, I made this post in Mike's thread over on the community hub, but thought I'd post it here as well:

This isn't really seen as a mod, but might be able to put us on a path here....

Did you guys know that you can delete characters from the game ? Say for example Freddy.

You simply go to the gamedir\DiscContentPC\Assets and remove all files with "freddy" in the name (17 files). And voila, no more frickin' freddy in the character select screen and ladder :)

So this had me thinking, if it's that easy to remove a DLC character, it should be possible just copy a character, lets say, someone like Kratos into the game ? I'm not saying it would be easy peasy just like that, but the possibility might be there ;)

Your thoughts ?

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I should say that online works great for me. While connecting to friends that live nearby, my online experiencz hardly differs from offline.

I have a problem, though, so maybe you guys can help:
I'm having problems with initiating online games with friends. Every time I create a private lobby, it's all fine until I press "Friends..." to invite people. Then the game boots me from lobby saying that I lost connection. After that the game crashes on reconnection attempt or exiting. All the while it's all fine if I'm being invited by someone else. Any ideas?

P.S. Sorry if it was asked already. Any links will be appreciated.

Barrogh, I think I did read your thread on the Steam community hub, was just about to answer it. When you create a private match, on the screen where it says "Friends" and the button for you to invite, open up the Steam overlay and invite your friend via that. Otherwise as you have seen, the game will crash with that Visual C++ error. I get the same though, so I manually invite via the Steam overlay.

If the game didn't crash, it would in any case open up the overlay with your friends list to pick from, but on some people (like me and you) it crashes. But at least now you know a small workaround :)

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Barrogh, I think I did read your thread on the Steam community hub, was just about to answer it. When you create a private match, on the screen where it says "Friends" and the button for you to invite, open up the Steam overlay and invite your friend via that. Otherwise as you have seen, the game will crash with that Visual C++ error. I get the same though, so I manually invite via the Steam overlay.

If the game didn't crash, it would in any case open up the overlay with your friends list to pick from, but on some people (like me and you) it crashes. But at least now you know a small workaround :)
Thanks a lot. I think I had such thoughts, but for some reason ignored them and didn't try. Hopefully that will sidestep the problem entirely :)

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
You mean the glitch where you win a round, hold D+block and if it succeeded the opponent cannot hit you at all?
Haven't tried it out yet, but it's probably still in there. As far as I know, they didn't fix anything and only put in new stuff.
Yeah that, IIRC Skarlet has the easiest way to set it up so that's why I asked you lol.

I figured it's probably based on the 360 version but you never know.

Does anyone know how to get the diagonals to work on my fightstick with the pc?
I'm not too sure how this would pertain to arcade stick, but when I use my ps2 controller converter & when i have the analog turned on...it disables my diagonals permanently.

I tried everything i could to get my dpad to recognize my diagonals with my analog turned on. It just wasn't happening.

So if your arcade stick is analog only you might have to map your arcade stick to your keyboard using xpadder or some program of such.

Somnuse

Noob
Shit's been laggy for me. It's slightly better than consoles but I still have lag. Makes me think that we just can't have fighting games online right now, split seconds matter too much.

It's just some companies need to look deeper/harder into putting forth a stronger effort for netcode when developing fighting games.

Games like Blazblue, SCV, TTT2, P4A, VF5FS, and etc have really great netcode. So it IS possible.

Hi guys. Sometimes on the character's select screen is not laggy at all, but even then on the actual fight it becomes super laggy. Any advice??? Thank you in advance.

kanaida

Kanaida (MK9 Dashboard for android)
I suspect people trying to slow down matches with stupid throttle hacks because I feel them turn it on and off.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Another question. Have you guys managed to change keyboard buttons? I go to options and change the buttons, but when I go to the fight it seems like the changes did not take place.. (i.e you play with the original buttons)

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Another question. Have you guys managed to change keyboard buttons? I go to options and change the buttons, but when I go to the fight it seems like the changes did not take place.. (i.e you play with the original buttons)
Worked fine for me. You still have to use default keys in menus and the like, but on the field re-defined keys work. Does control setup indicate that changes have been stored?

Worked fine for me. You still have to use default keys in menus and the like, but on the field re-defined keys work. Does control setup indicate that changes have been stored?

Yes, I tried many times and changes are saved for sure. I went back to options to check it many times. It's pretty weird.

Yes, I tried many times and changes are saved for sure. I went back to options to check it many times. It's pretty weird.

Today it worked, I have managed to change the buttons. The reason it was not working yesterday is unknown though. It appears that the reason my online was so laggy was the usage of PS3 controller on PC (or the program required to make the controller work on PC). I have played 2 online matches with keyboard and even thought I sucked, they weren't laggy.