What's new

MK9 PC Online Mode Experiences

n1ch

Noob
Does PS2 Controller on PC lag? Also even in practice mode something feels off with the ps2 controller.. I hope there is a converter that works well with the PS2 controller, cuz I really don't wanna use keyboard.
But keyboard is beast :p

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Change the download region of Steam.
Ive done that and ive seen people online, but they are all people from different countries. Im looking to vs fellow aussie players..

Just out of curiosity, what region is everyone playing on?

AssassiN

Noob
Ive done that and ive seen people online, but they are all people from different countries. Im looking to vs fellow aussie players..

Just out of curiosity, what region is everyone playing on?

Ask your Aussie brothers what region they are on.
Mine is Belgium and I see all European lobbies and players on there.

Alexandru Pascu

XBLGT:LordR3van90
But...will I finally realize my dream of playing Nude Jade? I can handle the low tier if she is naked...dat pole...MY pole...
It's always either about your Dick or your pole with you...didn't you use to to have that STD tag before your name? Or was it it STB, I get easily confused

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
It's always either about your Dick or your pole with you...didn't you use to to have that STD tag before your name? Or was it it STB, I get easily confused

It was STB lol, but I did post STD tech.

Dick players have an unhealthy obsession with Dick jokes. It comes with the character. I also mained Jade in MK9....poles, dicks, staffs, yea... lol

Alexandru Pascu

It was STB lol, but I did post STD tech.

Dick players have an unhealthy obsession with Dick jokes. It comes with the character. I also mained Jade in MK9....poles, dicks, staffs, yea... lol
I know I've noticed that about NW players. Well keep it up!(wish that was intentional)

Noob
OK, so I have this and I've actually been playing it online.

First, the online plays better than the console version, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. Wired on FIOS is just fantastic...and I've also played wirelessly on FIOS and it was easily better than wired on either console.

Now, a few tips for people not as used to PC gaming.

Remember, when playing PC games online, you have to prepare for the lowest common denominator. By this, I mean, you have to assume that there will be people who's PC's are JUST BARELY able to handle the game...or possibly not even capable but they're pushing it anyway.

Because of this, the games will attempt to sync, even if the users are using different settings.

1. Keep your game set at 720p for online games. (for offline, go nuts with whatever settings you want)
2. If your PC can't even handle that, then use the lowest settings the game allows...and pray
3. Just like console, try to stay on a wired connection when possible.

In terms of controllers:
I have found that a number of devices work well, and others do not.

Here are some recommendations:

-Xbox 360 Afterglow controller. Good d-pad, highly recommended.

-Xbox 360 Mad Catz sticks. Oddly, I was unable to get the PS3 version working natively with this game. Might have needed the driver. I will update tonight or tomorrow.

-PS3 MAD CATZ products, as long as they have a "LS" or Left Stick (as in Left Analog Stick) setting, it will work fine on this game.

-PS3 Mad Catz SF4 Pads, SFxT pads and Arcade Sticks will all work as long as the switch that says "LS DP RS" is set to the LS setting.

-PS2 pads with the HDE converter (this thing)

However, MAKE SURE to set it to 360 mode.
**Note** If you have one of these converters that DOES NOT have a ps3/360 switch on the side, it will ONLY recognize the diagonal directions on your pad's analog sticks, but NOT on your dpad.

I have not yet tested any other PS2 converters, so I don't know if the etokki or inpin will work yet.

Controllers with problems:

-Official Sony PS3 pads: will not natively work and will require a program to work. Could slow your pc down.
-MLG PS3 pad: Diagonals not recognized on dpad, only on analog.

Controllers still to try:

-Xbox 360 PDP MK Stick(I no longer own a PS3 one)
-AIAB PS3 MK Stick
-AIAB dual modded stick

Updates coming soon.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
9.95 So from what I'm reading: use anything Xbox 360 and try to avoid Playstation equipment. It makes sense since I keep hearing that this is a port of the 360 version of the game.

This just gave me an idea to try using my PS2 pad with my eTokki PS2-to-360 converter. I might give that a whirl tonight.

Alexandru Pascu

Dammit if I only saw this comment yesterday I wouldn't have bought the wrong damn controller. It was between an Afterglow and a slightly more expensive one so I went with the other one because I thought the Afterglow d-pad looked kinda iffy

Well that's pretty sad

Hmm I have a lap top that is
Cpu i5
Ram 4 gb
But the graphics card is bullshit
Intel something I forgot
Is there any way 2 play it ? Even on low

Sent from. SECRET using Tapatalk

AssassiN

Noob
Hmm I have a lap top that is
Cpu i5
Ram 4 gb
But the graphics card is bullshit
Intel something I forgot
Is there any way 2 play it ? Even on low

Sent from. SECRET using Tapatalk

No, I wouldn't waste your money.
If the game can't run at 60 FPS at all times, it's a very bad experience playing MK9 on PC.
I've got the same laptop but with an AMD graphics card which are way better than the Intel ones, doesn't run at 60 fps at all times.

So has anybody discovered if you and your opponent are running the game at a 720p resolution does it reduce online lag? My buddies and I all run at max setting on 1080p and get a consistent 60 FPS since we all have PC's that can handle it (We play CS:GO competitively), and we all have quality interenet connections but there is still some pretty rough lag between us.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Well, the PC version will have one thing for sure. Cheaters and hackers. I can probably write you a bot that plays for you or make you invulnerable. Or less obvious stuff that your opponent wouldn't even notice. Anyway, all I want is to say that you really shouldn't buy MKKE only for online play because sooner or later the experience will be worse than on console. It happened to every other PC fighting game so there is no reason to expect any different this time.
And that is why it was a mistake to release MK9 on a PC, but yet again, NRS pandered to the crybaby masses. Every time they've done that it's had negative consequences, but they never learn.

n1ch

Noob
There was 0 cheaters for my 230 games, only leavers. But if opponent leaves win still will be counted in stats. Macro also doesnt work online, any lag will drop the combo, and combo should be writed in both ways. And show me any player in sf4 pc who uses macro onine.

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
Is there a way to play at 720p without those annoying black bars on each side of the screen? I'd rather it be stretched to the length of my 1920x1080 monitor in 720p. I know that's possible somehow. Looks like its time to open the xtokki converter I had in storage xD.

Is there a way to play at 720p without those annoying black bars on each side of the screen? I'd rather it be stretched to the length of my 1920x1080 monitor in 720p. I know that's possible somehow. Looks like its time to open the xtokki converter I had in storage xD.
I'm pretty sure that is done through graphics card settings. Do you have an Nvidia card? If so you would find it in the Nvidia control panel I believe. I would check but I'm at work :p

Noob
Ok, good news...

Turns out that PS3 MAD CATZ products, as long as they have a "LS" or Left Stick (as in Left Analog Stick) setting, it will work fine on this game.

PS3 Mad Catz SF4 Pads, SFxT pads and Arcade Sticks will all work as long as the switch that says "LS DP RS" is set to the LS setting.

9.95 So from what I'm reading: use anything Xbox 360 and try to avoid Playstation equipment. It makes sense since I keep hearing that this is a port of the 360 version of the game.

This just gave me an idea to try using my PS2 pad with my eTokki PS2-to-360 converter. I might give that a whirl tonight.
that is not exactly true, i am using my dual shock 3 which i was using on my ps3. i just had to emulate it as xbox360 gamepad with program motion joy. its fairly easy, you install driver, then simply check xbox360 gamepad - and emulate.