What's new

MK9 PC Online Mode Experiences

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Well all of the cutscene files are in there... but everything else is in a .xxx file...which means that its either unrecognized by windows or its seriously a .xxx file. I will email the port developers and see if they are willing to tell me anything.
Sounds really sexy to me

aj1701

Noob
I have no impression online because offline isn't playable for me.

Everything is fast and smooth until I get to the actual fight,, then its slow motion.

kanaida

Kanaida (MK9 Dashboard for android)
Same here, but as I mentioned its Linux. Didn't expect that from windows users, assuming good hardware. What's your specs?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

aj1701

Noob
Same here, but as I mentioned its Linux. Didn't expect that from windows users, assuming good hardware. What's your specs?
Nvidia gtx 275 (896mb memory) amd Phenom x4 3ghz, 12gb ram, win8 pro.

I don't get it, fo3 runs smooth and fast at max settings, this game runs at 1/4 speed. :(

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
I recommend people who don't have the best pc hardware to do full screen when playing or watching a king of the hill match. I think the avatars are lagging some pcs. So far though I am still liking the netcode. Hope to see all of u online

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

kanaida

LOL The .xxx file contains the characters, costumes stored separately haha. Actually its probably a directx resource file.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
LOL The .xxx file contains the characters, costumes stored separately haha. Actually its probably a directx resource file.

You think we could like just "add" shit to it? I'm sure there is some sort of like "code" inside of the file that IDs its for a character.

kanaida

Just get the unreal engine sdk and directx SDK. Probably have tools in there.

After doing some testing (using fraps):

My equipment -

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit OS
intel core i5 3330 CPU
3.0 GHz
16 GB RAM DDR3
GeForce GTX 550 Ti
4 GB total graphics memory
1 GB dedicated video memory

* At 720p and 1080p I'm getting consistent 60 fps, offline

If most fighting games are played on console at 720p, is that what we should stick to playing on PC?

For some reason I can't figure out how to run this game in a Window to check how PC intensive it is. It defaults to full screen, when you run MK. Any idea anyone?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Bottom line, it works but nvidia needs better drivers cause mk9 isn't all that resource intensive. Dammit gotta install windiws

Hearing this makes me a sad panda because I'm an Ubuntu user as well (Only currently on Windows due to laptop being down).

kanaida

I just set up my windows box. 60 fps with a cheap geoforce 460. 2 USB Xbox controllers worked flawlessly out of the box, about to go online

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
I
After doing some testing (using fraps):

My equipment -

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit OS
intel core i5 3330 CPU
3.0 GHz
16 GB RAM DDR3
GeForce GTX 550 Ti
4 GB total graphics memory
1 GB dedicated video memory

* At 720p and 1080p I'm getting consistent 60 fps, offline

If most fighting games are played on console at 720p, is that what we should stick to playing on PC?

For some reason I can't figure out how to run this game in a Window to check how PC intensive it is. It defaults to full screen, when you run MK. Any idea anyone?
I will post my specs up in a bit. Trying to get my ps3 controller working cause xbox controller sucks.

I hate that you cant press alt and enter to go into window mode. Running this on multi screen sucks and I hope they patch it.

I also added you on steam. I am free on this game lol .

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

kanaida

First online game is flawless. Its also faster than xbox in general with more gfx detail

k i'm hoping on now for matches if anyone wants to get some games in.

i suggest everyone try playing at 720p and see if that keeps the lag down online. or until someone who's legit says we can play at 1080p with no worries.

kanaida

Man there is like zero people In tag match online. Someone jump on.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
I would but I been playing all day my friends will kill me if i make them watch anymore MK add me though Name on Steam is EdFig81

kanaida

So far I find its like 1/2 the speed in most matches, but buttery smooth. I think theyre trying to cheat by packet flooding, losers, don't work v.s. good routers.

Just gonna put this out there...if there is a dataminer for this out that can get me a way to do model swaps I am going to fix some of the broken looking models in this game. Liu Kang is especially broken with that horrible torso of his. My copy of Maya, Zbrush, and photoshop await mod community laying the groundwork for artists.
Im with you on this one. Im well experienced with Maya and Zbrush myself.