What's new

Match-up Discussion MK9 2013 Tier List

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
This is a funny post lol. I think one of the worst things about Kabal is that after iagb'ing himself into the corner, if you land a combo on him, he'll have enough meter to break your combo & dash out of the corner again.

What is worse?

A) I touch you and you're dead, but I have to get to you first

or

B) I can run away all match & build meter, if I touch you you eat 30%+ percent & I build a bar of meter off of pressure afterwards, if you corner me I will break your combo & dash out, I have armor all over the place & have can cancel into overhead/low mixup off all my strings

Both are retarded, but I think B is worse.
Well...... Nicely put ! :)

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I don't have anything against her, man and i know the MU inside out. There is really next to nothing he can do vs high tier characters like Kenshi, Sonya, JC, Kabal who knows his gameplan. We're 3 years into the game, there aren't many surprises left to discover, really. Quan Chi is just mediocre at best and got several really bad MU, thats a known fact. Thats why he never was and never will be tournament viable + is consider overall weak to mediocre.

Lets stop with this atrocious downplaying or upplaying (in this case).
Kabal isnt that bad at all man, his small hitbox makes pressure hard. He can compete, but he does have his problems, thats why I think B tier is a solid spot for him. Ill gladly play games with anyone to change opinions.

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
Well...... Nicely put ! :)
Thank you :).

I think the combination of Kabal's zoning moves him backwards & him getting out of the corner for free is what's broken. If you gave this ability to any character it would make them stupid. If Kano's knives moved him backwards & by the time he was in the corner he'd have 2 bars & could break your combo & Kano ball out, he would be hella stupid.

I think Trevor91 is still onto something though...Cyrax is very underrated. He isn't as good as Kabal, but in my book he's tied with Kenshi for #2 on the tier list.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Kabal isnt that bad at all man, his small hitbox makes pressure hard. He can compete, but he does have his problems, thats why I think B tier is a solid spot for him. Ill gladly play games with anyone to change opinions.
To my knowledge No Quan Chi player made even top 8(or top 16 if i remember correctly) in any major MK tournament or beat any good Kabal player. I play mostly on PC this days, so if you have it too we can play. Thou i main Kenshi.

STB Shujinkydink

To my knowledge No Quan Chi player made even top 8(or top 16 if i remember correctly) in any major MK tournament or beat any good Kabal player. I play mostly on PC this days, so if you have it too we can play. Thou i main Kenshi.

Here are my tournament placings with Quan, as you can see, few top 8s, but consistant op 16, which is why I think hes just outside top 10. 11-15ish imo

9th at Devastation 2011
9th at UFGT9
2nd at NWM
1st at Canada Cup
17th at EVO 2012
13th at SCR 2013

He can compete at the highest level its just quite hard. I dont play on PC, only XBOX and PSN sadly

Immortal

Blind justice....
Nice play vs PL Kabal (video quality is awful at best... hard to see anything), thou he played weird in my opinion but the counter pick with Raiden was gdlk. Overall good placings (for Quan player - probably best ive seen - props to you), althou one question - i don't see EVO 13?

Placing him around at 12 -13 spot should be accurate, sadly that makes him mid tier, maybe a little above - but still mid tier on which i can agree.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Here are my tournament placings with Quan, as you can see, few top 8s, but consistant op 16, which is why I think hes just outside top 10. 11-15ish imo

9th at Devastation 2011
9th at UFGT9
2nd at NWM
1st at Canada Cup
17th at EVO 2012
13th at SCR 2013

He can compete at the highest level its just quite hard. I dont play on PC, only XBOX and PSN sadly

Bodies Kabal, then gets counter picked by Raiden?

STB Shujinkydink

Nice play vs PL Kabal (video quality is awful at best... hard to see anything), thou he played weird in my opinion but the counter pick with Raiden was gdlk. Overall good placings (for Quan player - probably best ive seen - props to you), althou one question - i don't see EVO 13?

Placing him around at 12 -13 spot should be accurate, sadly that makes him mid tier, maybe a little above - but still mid tier on which i can agree.

Thats all i was saying my friend. Not trying to argue that hes top 10 or anything lol, im aware of where my character stands. I put a lot of work and passion into him and find him really fun so seeing him placed so low on the tier list was discouraging to see

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
This is a funny post lol. I think one of the worst things about Kabal is that after iagb'ing himself into the corner, if you land a combo on him, he'll have enough meter to break your combo & dash out of the corner again.

What is worse?

A) I touch you and you're dead, but I have to get to you first

or

B) I can run away all match & build meter, if I touch you you eat 30%+ percent & I build a bar of meter off of pressure afterwards, if you corner me I will break your combo & dash out, I have armor all over the place & can cancel into overhead/low mixup off all my strings

Both are retarded, but I think B is worse.
uuh.. what about FUCKING INFINITES?!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
That's only half of it.

Easily one of the best D4's in the game that leads to a stupid guessing game (well, it's not a complete guessing game but it's still awful). Huge UNBREAKABLE damage. Breaker traps (I don't think enough is being made of how stupid they are), you have to choose between dying or losing your meter and dying. Awesome. Ability to take your meter. Anti-air special move that has huge priority. Someone who uses it well means Cyrax can almost never be crossed up (Noobe does this very well). Meterless resets in the corner. Great corner game in general. All around stupidly broken set-ups (just watch Han play).

This character is top 3, maybe even top 2. I'm convinced.

Oh, the love I have for the D4~Saw/EX Ragdoll 50/50 is immense.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Dont you think that Sub has at least as many 3-7s as Scorp though? I would imagine that Kabal has to be a 3-7 for sub. By the time sub slowly works his way in on Kabal's zoning and finally gets a touch on him, he will undoubtedly have breaker and even if he gets a second touch, sub doesnt do any freaking damage. At least scorp can force kabal to be careful about abusing IAGB because of teleport and when he finally touches him he at least has a chance of doing some damage with his Vortex. And what does Sub do against Kenshi or Freddy, those easily have to be 3-7 or even worse. Also Kitana is probably a 3-7 for sub as well.

Im not arguing with you really, im just saying that it seems like Scorp at least CAN potentially do some damage where as subs just does none. And the argument that Scorp has several 3-7s is not really that valid because Sub has several that may even be worse than that. The way Tom played sub at the end of the games life is a testament to that (basically trying to get a minimal life lead on a good read and then go for a time out which is VERY difficult given the tools that many of his bad matchup characters have). Even if Scorp should not be higher I think that sub should be lower. They both have several awful matchups but again, at least scorp has potential to do some damage once he gets a touch (granted the risk is ridiculously high for Scorp as well)
Sub counters Kabal. Ice clone for random nomad dash and slide for proj.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Sub counters Kabal. Ice clone for random nomad dash and slide for proj.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

The clone is only worthwhile for the corner game which even Kabal is vulnerable to. Midscreen, it's meaningless. And using Sub-Zero's slide to beat out Kabal's zoning game of buzzsaws and gas blasts? You'd have to be an incredibly lucky motherfucker for that to work, or the Kabal player's patterns would need to be predictable (which, by the way, the Kabal player will deserve to get put on blast for).

Kabal literally has no need to touch Sub-Zero and even if he does so, he wins up-close anyway. I fail to see how Sub-Zero is a counter at all.

Immortal

Blind justice....
The clone is only worthwhile for the corner game which even Kabal is vulnerable to. Midscreen, it's meaningless. And using Sub-Zero's slide to beat out Kabal's zoning game of buzzsaws and gas blasts? You'd have to be an incredibly lucky motherfucker for that to work, or the Kabal player's patterns would need to be predictable (which, by the way, the Kabal player will deserve to get put on blast for).

Kabal literally has no need to touch Sub-Zero and even if he does so, he wins up-close anyway. I fail to see how Sub-Zero is a counter at all.
He doesn't counter Kabal in any way. I wrote that before in this thread, let's stop with this atrocious upplaying or downplaying.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
There's actually quite a few Quans who do very well in tournaments.
Hidan
STB Shujinkydink
@DrFlash44
@Under The Mayo
ETC
Quan Chi is one of those characters who become efficient with experience, as they start gimmicky, opponents learn the moveset, you set them up with bullshit, they become better to react so they don't have to GUESS the bullshit (yeah I was referring to almost everyone I've seen facing a Quan Chi other than my sparring partners). Then comes the part where your normals are no longer an option and you start swiftly changing from zoning to cqc... mixed with the bullshit
point: When the community isn't serious with a character, most weak minds tend to believe the character is weak and their efforts suddenly seem futile even before they start. The names Insup mentioned are not some kind of genius (...except UTM... nvm), but more likely the only ones who liked their character

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Quan Chi is one of those characters who become efficient with experience, as they start gimmicky, opponents learn the moveset, you set them up with bullshit, they become better to react so they don't have to GUESS the bullshit (yeah I was referring to almost everyone I've seen facing a Quan Chi other than my sparring partners). Then comes the part where your normals are no longer an option and you start swiftly changing from zoning to cqc... mixed with the bullshit
point: When the community isn't serious with a character, most weak minds tend to believe the character is weak and their efforts suddenly seem futile even before they start. The names Insup mentioned are not some kind of genius (...except UTM... nvm), but more likely the only ones who liked their character

Why is half the video cut out?