What's new

MK4 Arcade Emulation

ded

Elder God
After a lot of silence it seems there is at last small progress. Aaron Giles - a programmer from Mame team, said in his blog that he left all his current projects and start working on ZEUS emulation.

Its ZEUS hardware, that MK4 Arcade version use, that makes the emulation to be so hard. Lets hope that soon we could play this so overrated game as it should be played - not those terrible and ugly home ports.

Here is the link to Aaron's blog where he talks about ZEUS emulation:
http://aarongiles.com/?p=218

dreemernj

Ambassador
I really hope this happens. I want to play mk4 arcade again :-(

But even if they emulate it you'll probably need a skulltrail to play it at fullspeed, lol

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'd say this game is underrated actually lol.

Especially after those awesome vids.

8)

You never know, if UMK3 DS is a big hit we could be seeing MK4 arcade version for it next with say MKA's motor kombat as the side game :)

or something like that, possibly 360 arcade MK4 later on. Sooner or later MK 4 has to pop up on a legit, well known console. Portable or otherwise. :twisted:

dreemernj

Ambassador
It's kind of hard to believe there hasnt been a recent port. I think it might be because its 3D. If someone says "UMK3 looks bad" midway can just say "Well its a 2D game.". Can't say that with MK4, lol.

It really has to happen. And, if they do it, hopefully they'll include distribution via steam or something.

MKF30

Steam clears the nose too. :lol:

ok, bad joke lol

But yeah anyway I agree, but FTR for the time period the older MK's looked awesome they way Midway digitized the actors, then SF attempted it with the SF movie. We all know how that turned out though

But MK4 I still remember playing in the arcade, sadly as fun as it is/was there was the least comp on it out of any other MK game I played in the arcades :(

Tim Static

Adminerator
Its about fucking time. Maybe XBL or PSN will get this too.

It is sad that the only version truly worth a shit is on a cab. And seeing how expensive a MK4 cab STILL is, this is great fucking news.

MKF30

Or the wii perhaps ^^ UMK3 is on 360, MK2 is on PS3, wii have MK4?

If they can put UMK3 arcade on the DS, they could put MK4 arcade on the wii. We'll see

Tim Static

Adminerator
Enigma said:
MK4 will probably be packed in with the Limited Edition of whatever the next MK game is.
Not sure if thats a good thing after they puked out that UMK3 port for the PS2....

Scheisse said:
If they put mk4 on Ps2 with online play, I'll definitely start playing it again.
I just wish at least a N64 emulator ran the game decent online. PJ64k the game plays but the background is scrambled online. Mupen plays the game fine offline but won't detect the controllers online.

ded

Elder God
thats excactly the same fucking problem i got few days ago when i tryed mupen64k, that sucks so much

there is no way to fix it?

ded_ said:
thats excactly the same fucking problem i got few days ago when i tryed mupen64k, that sucks so much

there is no way to fix it?
I never found a way, we only tried a handful of times though.

McCarron

Noob
Yes, he has a board now. It's on loan, but he wants to get his own. I may try to get him in touch with people who can speed up his efforts as well, it's up to what both parties feel about that.

Well on the latest version of MAME, you can get all the way to the title screen, which is a step in the right direction....

McCarron

Noob
I can say with very good authority that Aaron may now be able to get the information he needs to get this emulation further along. I got him in touch with the right people to get the emulation going forward. I'll follow up with more information as it comes.

I honestly just want to play The Grid again, which is on Zeus 2, not so much MK4. MK Gold is acceptable for MK4 for me.

I also found a killer deal on a MK4 board, which he snapped up. So he will be working with his own board now too.

Even if MAME will emulate MK4 sooner or later, it doesnt mean it will be playable for online matches.
Look at War Gods, its emulated since years but its so slow even on high end PC its slow and not really playable.