What's new

MK3 Tier List Discussion

DAVE101 said:
Airthrow can still be used as an anti-cross up.

Kabal can do the double spin because the CPU can cheat in those games. That's why they can break the time minimums, hit limits, throw cancel, and do unavoidable throws.
I guess in MK3, you could perform 2 dash in a row... isn´t?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
You could do two spins within the first two hits, the spin effect has to wear off so it's only practical in the air, but in that situation it does set up a decent juggle. aaSpin, let them drop, aaSpin, aaSaw Blade, aaHPHP, JK AFB.

RoGE

Noob
I notice that if a fighting game has 2 versions, the second one always come's out fixed and balanced (I am thinking of UMK3 and Tekken 5:DR) If you ask me, all fighting games that are unbalanced should have a fixed version released after all the combo video's are like tekken 5 and MK3. But nowadays, with all this online crap, they could just fix it by updating it.

Shock, do you still have that video of Jax's broken Missles in MK3? I searched around the forums but could not find it.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
ABC, you should try playing someone using Jax in MK3 on Kaillera sometime.

Shock said:
I can see that they are coming out very fast, much faster than UMK3, But Couldn't you jump over the low ones and then kara jab + dash the high missiles until you got to Jax?

Tim Static

Adminerator
abc ur dead0 said:
Shock said:
I can see that they are coming out very fast, much faster than UMK3, But Couldn't you jump over the low ones and then kara jab + dash the high missiles until you got to Jax?
Even if you could once ina while, you'd lose so much life its worthless.

Those missles are broke as fuck.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I must say, I agree with ABC this time around. If you can get in close against MKA Sareena, then you can get in close against Jax's fireballs.

Check this out to see what I mean, here's a vid of me using Dairou to get in against the best Sareena on Xbox live, fortunately hehe my Dairou is pretty damn nasty also. :wink: Watch how INSANELY fast Bobby throws Sareena's knives, now that's broken lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBOE2F_3phA&mode=related&search=

Check it out how I get in close, not easy but possible. Round 2 at around 2:40 and check out how insanely fast those knives come out... lol

Reason why I'd bet I could with enough practice get in on a turtling Jax.

Well of course its possible.

Its possible to get in close and fight Mileena's sais in MK2 too. Doesn't mean her sais are any less broken.

Jax's missles in MK3 were broken and thats why it was fixed. In Umk3 it woudn't have been so difficult to counter because you have more opponents that teleport or could slide under, but I Imagine in MK3 it would be quite difficult. With that speed of missles and Jax's natural leg length and a great turtler being him it would be MK2 Jax nightmare all over.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
In UMK3 there is a 3 second recharge time for his missiles, if you do a single, you can't do a single or a double for 3 seconds, if you do a double, you also cannot do a single or a double for 3 seconds. In MK3, you can continuously do singles, and the double has a 3 second recharge, however, it doesn't effect the single. You are also forgetting that the missiles move Jax backwards as well. It would be stupid for Jax to throw missiles in a specific pattern but he can throw a single any time he wants which makes up for the zoning.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
To darkmoon, compared to UMK3 I'm sure they're broken the single fireballs anyway I'm just saying there's worse in other MK games as far as "brokenness" especially, with fireballs. It's good though that they fixed that in UMK3 with the single fireball.

Shock said:
In UMK3 there is a 3 second recharge time for his missiles, if you do a single, you can't do a single or a double for 3 seconds, if you do a double, you also cannot do a single or a double for 3 seconds. In MK3, you can continuously do singles, and the double has a 3 second recharge, however, it doesn't effect the single. You are also forgetting that the missiles move Jax backwards as well. It would be stupid for Jax to throw missiles in a specific pattern but he can throw a single any time he wants which makes up for the zoning.

Interesting explanation, thanks for the details on the single and double shock. Just a question, say the player doesn't really alternate his pattern is it possible to get in on MK3 Jax fireball? I'm sure someone with as much MK3/UMK3 experience as you could probably do so, right? Therefore it is possible, but difficult I will admit.

That's why this vid in a way reminded me of the MKA Sareena knife toss like someone that turtles and just shoots projectiles all day=annoying to get close lol

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
If the Jax player is good enough in MK3, you might wind up sitting across the screen ducking the whole match.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Shock said:
If the Jax player is good enough in MK3, you might wind up sitting across the screen ducking the whole match.
Just as long as I was charging that groundpound, and keeping them ducking those missles, aw man, that game was fun.

Shock...did I ever tell you how I basically skipped and failed my junior year of high school because of MK3? lol

Seriously. I was working at my Putt-Putt Golf n' Games and I would leave school, walk home and then get on my blike and go to "work". And yes, my Jax was sweet. And I abused those missles like crazy.

I still miss the days of U.Sub ice clone, rush in and throw your opp. back into the ice clone and combo....lol

I miss those days :cry:

Tim Static

Adminerator
ÐarkMoon said:
I thought I read somewhere that smoke has an inf in MK3?
Never even heard that before, but I wouldnt be suprised, especially if it was in one of the earlier test versions, like 1.1 etc.

ded

Elder God
it may work with auto combo too, i've never tryied it since the rh, harpoon is much easier