What's new

MK3 Tier List Discussion

dreemernj

Ambassador
ButtManV3 said:
ÐarkMoon said:
I thought I read somewhere that smoke has an inf in MK3?
Another one is

repeated LP than Harpoon. Repeat.
When you do repeated LPs you can always block after the first LP. And the spear isn't fast enough to get one unblockable after a standing punch. AFAIK the only move you can get on a standing opponent after a punch without it being blockable is Kabal's spin.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Yeah, no matter the state they are in holding away will avoid the throw. They can be frozen, netted, speared, or spinning.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
also notice the fact that in the vid, during the throws, the combo ends at 3 hits at one point meaning there's a small chance of getting out of the whole situation with the correct timing
The throw causes the combo hits to break.

Derek

Noob
Stupid question, but if noob saibot was playable where would he rank?
He'd be on top of the tier list again. Although, there might be some debate because I don't know if the disabler would be much better than Sub's broken ice clone. Oh well, there's no real answer to a question like this.

yathva

Noob
thanks for the response, but I was more talking about that "kano noob" that has no specials but double stamina and kano's autocombos

dubson

Noob
He'd be on top of the tier list again. Although, there might be some debate because I don't know if the disabler would be much better than Sub's broken ice clone. Oh well, there's no real answer to a question like this.
MKT Noob = Would definitely be higher than MK3 Sub-Zero.

UMK3 Noob = Is still good, but would not be higher than MK3 Sub-Zero.

yathva

Noob
What about "shadow kano" noob? He can't relaunch, and his uppercut has not so good reach, but good sweep/roundhouse blahblah...
has anyone used him in vs on mame/kailera? i dont have it, so i wouldnt know the variables involved such as accessing the cheat menu during action/any glitching/game crashing involved

Kaiba

Noob
MK3 Noob is probably mid-tier at best. But then again I've only played as him on SNES, thanks to the master zen hack.

He DOES have some pretty crazy juggles ;)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I remember PC MK3 being very good gameplay wise. It was a shock to me when I got it around when it came out. I was expecting it to be bad but it was definitely the best home port gameplay wise I'd ever played of any MK game up until that point.