What's new

MK3 Tier List Discussion

Might want to hold off on the 360 though. A friend warned me that they were crap because his hard drive fried. I haven't even had mine for 1.5 months before the CD drive broke. It won't play any games now. :(

Derek

Noob
DAVE101 said:
Might want to hold off on the 360 though. A friend warned me that they were crap because his hard drive fried. I haven't even had mine for 1.5 months before the CD drive broke. It won't play any games now. :(
I've had mine for over a year without a single problem.

:p

dreemernj

Ambassador
The distractions are gone. Let the MK3 tier list discussion continue.

What I don't understand is, Sheeva was pretty low even in MK3. And they still balanced her in UMK3 :-/ They weakened the damage off her throw which seemed silly.

And Jax in MK3 was hilarious with the non-existant recovery from his projectiles. Truly annoying.

dreemernj

Ambassador
I don't really see the value. It doesn't allow for a whole lot of damage. And they changed the bike kick to drain his run bar in UMK3 which took away the possibility of running in and comboing after it midscreen :-/

If you can get someone with the bike kick as they are doing something, there is a short time afterwards as they stumble that they can't block. In Mk3 this meant run in and combo, anywhere on screen. In Ultimate you can only do that in the corner.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Liu Kang combos compared in similar situations.

Midscreen:

SUJP, 7 hit combo mid screen = 8 hits 39%
SUJP, 3 hit pop up, JK, AFB, DK = 7 hits 32%

For some reason a cross up JPS does 2% less damage for Liu Kang, with this the combo does 30%, either way still less damage than the 7 hit

In corner = 9 hits 45% if you sweep after his combo, which works on anyone and would work within the best range of a pop up to multi fireball juggle, in which case on most characters, the best practical damage you can get is about 48-50% depending on which starter you connect, and this would require 3X JK AFB, RH, DK. Not worth the effort.

Pop up combo = worthless for damage, but it allows you to terminate a combo and still charge the Bike Kick without losing it.

ded_ said:
the tier list for mk3 should be like:

1. Sub-Zero
2. Kabal
3. Jax
4. Kano
5. Nightwolf
6. Smoke
7. Sindel
8. Sonya
9. Cyrax (no dp for throw and bombs allowed while net is visible!)
10. Kung Lao
11. Liu Kang
12. Stryker
13. Sektor (or 14)
14. Shang Tsung (or 13, corner inf!)
15. Sheeva

its still debatable of course
Some questions:

Jax is in that spot just bcause the Proyectile "bug"? why nightwolf under Kano? about subzero... i´ve never seen a tier list but lol! since i was playing mk3 (old times) i was thinking that subzero could be in the 1st place in the tier list xD he´s a GOD TIER (fucking ice clone xD) btw ded_ nice tier...

abc ur dead0 said:
...and as to why Kano is Under Nightwolf.
No he asked why Nightwolf is Under Kano. It's probably for the same reasons as UMK3, I guess loss of vertical cannon ball doesn't do much.

MKK hanzo

Well actually losing his vertical ball means a lot. no anticrossup or no punishers to Hk/Lk is a big deal. Sure you have normal roll but its at a big cost: you lose his sweep by holding down the button. Also v - ball is done on reaction.

IMHO is a significant loss.

MKK hanzo_hasashi said:
Well actually losing his vertical ball means a lot. no anticrossup or no punishers to Hk/Lk is a big deal. Sure you have normal roll but its at a big cost: you lose his sweep by holding down the button. Also v - ball is done on reaction.

IMHO is a significant loss.
i was thinking about to say that after ded_ answer me about why kano is over nightwolf, or nightwolf is under kano ^_^

Nightwolf can punish all crossup, got good damage on combos, got "anti HK/LK" can punish any JK or JP ^_^

Jesus Christ, maybe a lot of yours are saying "what the fuck are rzp thinking to comning here and stay on the contrary with every tier list here?" and is not about that, is about change opinion and take opinions from others peoples, to see why is every spot ocupied for those chars

Airthrow can still be used as an anti-cross up.

Kabal can do the double spin because the CPU can cheat in those games. That's why they can break the time minimums, hit limits, throw cancel, and do unavoidable throws.

Shock said:

Midscreen:

For some reason a cross up JPS does 2% less damage for Liu Kang, with this the combo does 30%, either way still less damage than the 7 hit

In corner = 9 hits 45% if you sweep after his combo, which works on anyone and would work within the best range of a pop up to multi fireball juggle, in which case on most characters, the best practical damage you can get is about 48-50% depending on which starter you connect, and this would require 3X JK AFB, RH, DK. Not worth the effort.

Pop up combo = worthless...in UMK3 that is... :twisted:
Liu Had a pop-up in regular MK3?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
TheRagingStorm said:
Shock said:

Midscreen:

Pop up combo = worthless...in UMK3 that is... :twisted:
Liu Had a pop-up in regular MK3?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah, Subby is a pure beast in MK3...I'm sure some of you know this but not sure if all here do but it's actually possible to freeze/clone your opponent even when they're blocking which is ridiculous lol.

I've done it before several times, on the jump kick, jump in and if you time it right your opponent will block and you'll still be able to freeze them.

They made MKD Smoke the same exact way with his smokey cloud, then fixed it in MKA. When the move was first created it like sub's MK3 clone had no limits and didn't cancel out if too close.

haha and what make U. Sub better in mk3 is that if you would jump back and kick....the cpu would usually throw a projectile...making it able for you to slide under them and trip them....haha i used that a lot of my advantage against the cpu