What's new

MK2 Tournament - Shao Kahn's Treasure Quest w/ $300 in Cash & Prizes!

I mentioned the Tournament one more time over at FREESTEPDODGE. We'll see what happens. I offered $200 to anyone there who could walk on here and win 1st or 2nd place.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
The ever generous Ththuvhul has upped the ante and increased the value of the gift card to $50, making the grand total of all these prizes worth $300.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Well we've reached the 8 player minimum (like there was ever any doubt, lol.)

I've gotten a verbal commitment from btbb99. He said he'll be on later to officially enter.

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

Frozen Death (ANTI-TIERIST)
And I kinda liked the original rules better, it would be more of a challenge to have to stick to your pick until they are defeated, it would make for a more interesting outcome!

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

Frozen Death (ANTI-TIERIST)
And let me get this straight, say Jason makes it to the finals with Cage, would I have to beat his Cage in a best of 7, then his Baraka in a set of 7, then his Kitana, then Mileena? Or would I just have to beat him in a set of 7 and he would just have to keep picking a new tier each loss?(not that I can beat him in that scenario, but you get what I mean)?

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
And let me get this straight, say Jason makes it to the finals with Cage, would I have to beat his Cage in a best of 7, then his Baraka in a set of 7, then his Kitana, then Mileena? Or would I just have to beat him in a set of 7 and he would just have to keep picking a new tier each loss?(not that I can beat him in that scenario, but you get what I mean)?
No. It's basically a first to 4. Once a competitor completely defeats another player's team and advances to the next round, they automatically return back to the low tier and start all over again.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Damn, almost makes me wish I had a ps3. Almost...

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
el bumpo

Still waiting on btbb to signup, but I've also gotten word from several other old schoolers that that are either considering or will for sure be signing up.

I have increased the winnings for any FSD member that has the courage to trespass into our realm and win 1st or 2nd place. If someone from that world wins, I'm paying $300 in addition to Kahn's prize. However, you cannot be a member of both sites. A player must announce that he/she is associated with FSD. No outsider can have membership here unless it's to join briefly to participate.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I have increased the winnings for any FSD member that has the courage to trespass into our realm and win 1st or 2nd place. If someone from that world wins, I'm paying $300 in addition to Kahn's prize. However, you cannot be a member of both sites. A player must announce that he/she is associated with FSD. No outsider can have membership here unless it's to join briefly to participate.
Holy shit, man :eek:

Also, you would have to be an FSD member prior to the date this tournament was first mentioned. Just in case......people try to get creative.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I want to crush people offline in this game, and prove that I am the best at it. .
you and splendormk9 both :)

I have played you numerous times with hardly any lag whatsoever. if you win 1 out of 25 matches against me online, I highly doubt that would change offline. Yes lag impacts the game, but there isn't enough lag in ours to make any difference. And it probably won't make too much difference for this tournament since it's USA players only.

Besides, lag hurts the better player, and helps the lesser. It pretty much annihilates the better player's split second timing and difficult moves/combos, while helping the lesser player who suddenly doesn't have to worry about things like getting anti-aired easily, etc.

So just sign up.

Dude, I only play online on troll alt accounts. I will only play this game seriously offline at a tournament. I will go to Winter Brawl, Season's Beatings, NEC, EVO, and some of the other tournaments one day. I want to crush people offline in this game, and prove that I am the best at it.
Evidently, you're trolling this thread too. Jason is right. Offline wouldn't make any difference. All of our crouching buffers, instant airs, etc. would be even more consistent offline, so you have no point.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Evidently, you're trolling this thread too. Jason is right. Offline wouldn't make any difference. All of our crouching buffers, instant airs, etc. would be even more consistent offline, so you have no point.
WAY more consistent...

gamemk, we know you love MK2 as do we all, so just play :)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Man, if I had a PS3, I'd enter this. I may not be great at MK2, but there's money on the line, you'd be a fool to not enter this tournament if you play MK2 on any level.