What's new

MK11 Story Discussion Thread (obvious spoilers)

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Dude exactly, less is more.

But the true fuck up, no one wants to admit, is MK9. Thats when this lazy ass reboot started. They never gave us a reboot, actually, they gave us a retread. The same plot, the same convoluted mess that leads to nothing, just with a shiny new bow on top. MK9 was when they trapped popular characters behind the dead in the water revenant gimmick. MK9 was when they started messing with Timelines. MK9 was when they came back from the Midway disaster. They learned nothing, they are the same team.

Ed Boon is George Lucas. He struck Gold with a franchise that will outlive him and will have better stories told without his teams direction.
Honestly, Facts

If we really think about it, Mk9 is a reason to why this evolved into the mess it is today.

Killing most of the characters, then having them become revenants, and ruining some character development along with it (It added more in someways, but its all gone now, so who gives a shit)

And, it also fucked with time alot aswell.

I do admit, they did need to reboot from Armageddon, as they had nowhere left to go with the story

Yet here we are, where they need to reboot again, simply because they wrote themselves into corner with bad storywriting.

I hope that the animated movie gets through production, cause getting one, with today`s cgi would be fantastic, and they could probably write a better story along with it.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
I’m back and
WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?
Why give these stupid endings?
Now Liu Kang and Kitana have to spend eternity keeping time? WHAT?

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
I saw a thread on gamefaqs, that i think is something that is likely

The Ending of Mk11 is a blank canvas for someone new to takeover

Which could be the case, if Ed`s behaviour around the franchise has been anything, plus he said he wants to work on something different from fighting games

Its not far fetched.

Which could be the case, if Ed`s behaviour around the franchise has been anything, plus he said he wants to work on something different from fighting games

Its not far fetched.
who is next in line though i want to see who would take ed place though

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Who in the fuck ever said that this shit would be better than Deadly Alliance-Armageddon is a dunce. They took what didnt work(Zombie Liu, new chars with no motivation, bad villains, and an anti climactic climax), and doubled down on it hard(Revenants being glorified “Zombie” versions of every dead char, Kotal Erron Jacqui Cassie Takeda Kung Jin Ferra Torr Dvorah Kollector Geras and Cetrion having NO true goal to accomplish, Kronika AND Shinnok and even Shao to some degree now showing to be incompetent and non-threatening based not on their failure, but in their non-convincing performance throughout their given story time, and the climax is once again just a restart). Its sad. Its disheartening. I wish I didnt love Mortal Kombat for the first time in my life.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?

Its not far fetched.
Please. Sell it. To an anime company. Madhouse, bones, fuckin Toei. Idc.

Ill go play Fighterz and Tekken.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
God, now i have to go to bed after all of this disappointment today

I hope Kombat pack 1 trailer drops tmrw, i need hype reinvigeration

Im still excited gameplay wise though, and i hope this game does well through that.