What's new

MK11 Sonya Blade General Discussion

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Meet Sonya Blade's Jessica McNamee

10 Things You Didn’t Know about Jessica McNamee

Australian actors are coming to America in a big way at this point since there are a good number of them here already and they’re taking on more and more roles in a big way and doing absolutely great since the movies that have been produced as of late seem to be getting a bit better, or at least more entertaining. Jessica McNamee is just one among the many that is doing her part to enrich and liven up the business, but she’s about to do even better since her name is getting bigger with each movie she does and her reputation is growing as a result.

With each movie she stars in she’s becoming a bigger star and is proving that she can hang in there with the well-established and veteran actors that have been around for a number of years.

In time it seems as though she might be ready for a leading role, though at the moment she’s doing just fine as a supporting character.

Here are a few things about Jessica that might help you get to know her better.

10. She’ll be playing Sonya Blade in the upcoming Mortal Kombat movie.

It would seem the characters are being picked with a practiced eye since already we’ve seen that there actors that have been selected for Kano, Shang Tsung, Sub-Zero, and Scorpion. There might even be an actor for Liu Kang as well, but as Allie Gemmil of Collider indicates, Sonya and Kano are definitely going to be a fight to watch.

9. She has a decent following on social media.

Jessica does have a good number of followers that are interested in her career and what she might be doing next. She doesn’t boast the same numbers as others that seem capable of attracting millions, but it doesn’t seem to matter quite as much since she’s bound to do her thing whether she had a million or just one follower. She’s definitely dedicated to the craft first.

8. She’s very respectful of other cultures.

Looking at the pictures on her Instagram it would seem that she’s a conscientious and polite individual that doesn’t go around flaunting her celebrity status or ignoring the local customs of wherever she happens to be. That alone makes her a decent person in one manner since those that tend to respect other cultures and customs are at least self-aware enough to realize when it’s time to be respectful.

7. She obviously loves to travel.

This seems like it would be a big ‘duh’ moment since quite honestly having the kind of money she does and the status makes it easy to think that she wouldn’t be staying home that often. Of course some celebrities aren’t big travelers and are more at ease when at home.
6. She’s very much into being around family and friends.

Sometimes it’s hard to equate the people you see on the screen with the people they reveal themselves to be when they’re around others, but it does seem as though Jessica does enjoy spending time with her family, which is bound to please a lot of people since those that watch her and follow her might like to see that she is able to come back down to earth.

5. She was in the Meg.
Her role wasn’t a huge one since she played the ex-wife of the lead character played by Jason Statham. But when it came to the movie pretty much everyone got in on it eventually since a humongous shark that’s hell-bent on taking everyone out isn’t going to be picky about who it attacks.

4. She’s definitely a dog lover.
It’s pretty easy to tell this sometimes since if you love all animals that’s all well and good, but if you happen to have an affinity for dogs or cats then it usually comes out in the kind of pictures that are taken and which animal is more prominent in them. Since she takes more pictures with dogs and posts them it seems to stand to reason that she’s a dog person.

3. She happens to be a very fashionable person.

There are times when she hangs around in street clothes but otherwise her posts tend to show her in very fashionable garb either for modeling or because she wants to look nice.

2. Her net worth is around $1.5 million.

She’s definitely amassed a good amount of wealth, but that seems like it might be just the beginning.

1. She’s gone through a lot of training for her roles.

You might say that of course, any actor would do this, but according to Mara Santill of Shape, Jessica is among those individuals that goes the extra mile and wants to get things right instead of just going through the motions. This kind of dedication in an actor is nice to see since it makes for a much better movie.
Keep an eye on her, she seems to be climbing the ranks quickly.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Looking for some general tips on improving with Sonya.
Combos I have those pretty much down.
-What is my go to game plan with her?
-Am I to gain the life lead and then make them chase me?
-Any tips and getting people to be afraid of mashing out of her pressure?
I know her down 3 is really good as is her d4 for anti airs.
Should I wait time using her ring cancel for Mid screen or is that mostly useful in the corner?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
What are the general thoughts on her Summon K.A.T stuff?
The summon is too slow and doesn’t last long enough.

She has some cool setups and neat corner conversions, but sacrificing ring cancel and all the conversions it brings is not worth it.

I find that in several matchups because the startup is so slow, it’s like playing Sonya with nothing equipped.

It’s so close to being good though. Just slightly less startup (shave off 10-20 frames) and slightly longer active frames (like 1-2s longer) and she’d be soooo much better and worth using.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Hi @gregordragic, welcome to TYM! Posts like the above can be posted in a General Discussion thread like this one, as the content you posted doesn't need it's own thread. Please let me know if you have any questions!

As far as your post goes, that's not really the kind of content that will make you popular on TYM. If you want to discuss the character, try to be specific about why you think she is broken. You may find that whatever is giving you trouble is easily beatable, you just need to talk it over in a constructive way with other players. Good luck! <3

Ring Master gives the ability to call forward a turret gun and keep the opponent at bay. The power to corner your opponent and deal massive damage while they are pinned against the wall is a pretty good perk as well. Controlling the distance is key when you don't have much room per stage as it is and this variation is one of the best in the game at that. So I would say she's still pretty much broken even after all the nerfs NRS gave her.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Ring Master gives the ability to call forward a turret gun and keep the opponent at bay. The power to corner your opponent and deal massive damage while they are pinned against the wall is a pretty good perk as well. Controlling the distance is key when you don't have much room per stage as it is and this variation is one of the best in the game at that. So I would say she's still pretty much broken even after all the nerfs NRS gave her.
What character are you using?

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
So at this point, where is Sonya at in terms of custom variations? Is it still basically "just go with the original tournament variations" or has customs allowed a bit more mixing and matching?