What's new

MK11 Sonya Blade General Discussion

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
I guess I should work on my Sonya then, I don’t know why I got the impression that her pokes are sluggish apart from D3.
Watch Scar play. The energy blast poke she has low profiles so much shit making it a really solid anti air. And footsies arent just mids. She has the scariest anti air in the game leading to some huge combo damage. She doesnt have to commit to her unsafe stuff to win, and that's what makes her scary. But when it hits it's 40 %

Elias6999

Mournful Master
Watch Scar play. The energy blast poke she has low profiles so much shit making it a really solid anti air. And footsies arent just mids. She has the scariest anti air in the game leading to some huge combo damage. She doesnt have to commit to her unsafe stuff to win, and that's what makes her scary. But when it hits it's 40 %
Which low poke, D1 or D4?

What are the optimal combos for flawless block U2 punishes?

For meterless I've been using: dash 134~bf4
Metered: dash 134~EX db2 dash 33~bf4 (or bf2 depending on corner positioning)

karaokelove

Dead or alive, you’re coming with me.
Premium Supporter
How do you get her f4(1+3)2222 to come out consistently? I've tried mashing, timing it, and combinations of those methods, yet still only get it to come out maybe 1 out of 10 attempts.

How do you get her f4(1+3)2222 to come out consistently? I've tried mashing, timing it, and combinations of those methods, yet still only get it to come out maybe 1 out of 10 attempts.
Which part are you having trouble with? Do you get the grab but not the 2's to come out? Or do you get some of the 2's but not all of the 2's to come out? If it's the first issue, you're probably pressing the 2 too early. You have to start pressing 2 when you see Sonya grab the opponent. As for the 2nd, you honestly just have to mash even harder.

Does anyone else feel there’s no point in playing the no holds barred variation anymore. If you can’t zone with Sonya I feel like you’re kinda screwed now. I really like her parries, but if you don’t like shooting those energy rings I really feel like you’re not going to win with after with the damage and health reduction.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
Does anyone else feel there’s no point in playing the no holds barred variation anymore. If you can’t zone with Sonya I feel like you’re kinda screwed now. I really like her parries, but if you don’t like shooting those energy rings I really feel like you’re not going to win with after with the damage and health reduction.
What? She still has great damage, and has one of the best projectiles in the game! She still has her monster mixup upclose game, which I think was rightfully toned down damage wise.

Seobones

Noob
I was watching Sonicfox tier list stream and he said that Sonya d3 got buffed last patch, I'm confused, did it ? Cause I didn't feel any differences.

Has anyone 100% unlocked all of her customization options? The only skins I don't have are ones locked up in The Gauntlet (Kick Out, Clean Finish, Roger That) and Beat Down (???). Along with one of her turrents, Mini-Me (???). I'm really happy with all of her options in this game, especially her '95 look.

Last edited:

Seobones

Noob
Well I checked and d3 was +10 on hit and is still the same. Maybe d1 got buffed ? I didn't check it but it's 9 frames anyway so whatever

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Is Sonya's b1, 3/2 really a 50/50? I was getting blown up by it last night so I went into practice mode and tried to fuzzy it but was having little success. I know there's a one frame difference between the 2 and the 3.

any1 else having trouble combo'ing into her busted brutality after the finish him/her screen came up? if i do leg breaker alone it will do the brutality but not after a combo ???