What's new

MK11 Sonya Blade General Discussion

What are the optimal combos for flawless block U2 punishes?

For meterless I've been using: dash 134~bf4
Metered: dash 134~EX db2 dash 33~bf4 (or bf2 depending on corner positioning)

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
How do you get her f4(1+3)2222 to come out consistently? I've tried mashing, timing it, and combinations of those methods, yet still only get it to come out maybe 1 out of 10 attempts.

How do you get her f4(1+3)2222 to come out consistently? I've tried mashing, timing it, and combinations of those methods, yet still only get it to come out maybe 1 out of 10 attempts.
Which part are you having trouble with? Do you get the grab but not the 2's to come out? Or do you get some of the 2's but not all of the 2's to come out? If it's the first issue, you're probably pressing the 2 too early. You have to start pressing 2 when you see Sonya grab the opponent. As for the 2nd, you honestly just have to mash even harder.

Does anyone else feel there’s no point in playing the no holds barred variation anymore. If you can’t zone with Sonya I feel like you’re kinda screwed now. I really like her parries, but if you don’t like shooting those energy rings I really feel like you’re not going to win with after with the damage and health reduction.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
Does anyone else feel there’s no point in playing the no holds barred variation anymore. If you can’t zone with Sonya I feel like you’re kinda screwed now. I really like her parries, but if you don’t like shooting those energy rings I really feel like you’re not going to win with after with the damage and health reduction.
What? She still has great damage, and has one of the best projectiles in the game! She still has her monster mixup upclose game, which I think was rightfully toned down damage wise.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
She only gets 23% into restand midscreen and lost her only combo extender midscreen.
Definitely a big nerf for Sonya.

Seobones

Noob
I was watching Sonicfox tier list stream and he said that Sonya d3 got buffed last patch, I'm confused, did it ? Cause I didn't feel any differences.

Has anyone 100% unlocked all of her customization options? The only skins I don't have are ones locked up in The Gauntlet (Kick Out, Clean Finish, Roger That) and Beat Down (???). Along with one of her turrents, Mini-Me (???). I'm really happy with all of her options in this game, especially her '95 look.

Last edited:

Seobones

Noob
Well I checked and d3 was +10 on hit and is still the same. Maybe d1 got buffed ? I didn't check it but it's 9 frames anyway so whatever

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Is Sonya's b1, 3/2 really a 50/50? I was getting blown up by it last night so I went into practice mode and tried to fuzzy it but was having little success. I know there's a one frame difference between the 2 and the 3.

any1 else having trouble combo'ing into her busted brutality after the finish him/her screen came up? if i do leg breaker alone it will do the brutality but not after a combo ???

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Fellas, any Sonya players I can peep their gameplay?
lol you and I must have a similar style or something haha I use Sonya since she has seemed to have been dropped by a lot I've noticed compared to last year. But

yeah, ever play a Jax or LK with her? Fun(not really lol) but she can definitely match them for sure. I'm not one of those cancelling Sonya players, more about that zoning and footsies. She's fun and her rings are easily one of the best projectiles in the entire game for sure.

Nevan_PTF

All your mains belong to me!
lol you and I must have a similar style or something haha I use Sonya since she has seemed to have been dropped by a lot I've noticed compared to last year. But

yeah, ever play a Jax or LK with her? Fun(not really lol) but she can definitely match them for sure. I'm not one of those cancelling Sonya players, more about that zoning and footsies. She's fun and her rings are easily one of the best projectiles in the entire game for sure.
Indeed x'D I like to play characters that make you hang yourself, solid neutral, good projectiles and having great Anti Airs is a must too, Raijin has it with DB2 and Sonya with DB2. So I like to zone but also to have tools to pressure as well. So far, Raiden and Sonya feel like an extension of myself and I can't get bored of playing both of them.

Still really green with her, but her F3 low crushing feels so good. Fought a Johnny yesterday doing loads of D3 then I got a lot from F3 going on hehe She hits like a truck too!

I like the added "juice" of ERC, in the corner is really deadly and in the neutral you can use it to screw up your opponents reactions.

I've watched recently AWP vs SonicNinja(Kabal) and it was a really nice demonstration of what she can do. But I need to see more footage. I know Scar still plays her, but when I watch him it's Kung Lao most of the time.

MKF30

Indeed x'D I like to play characters that make you hang yourself, solid neutral, good projectiles and having great Anti Airs is a must too, Raijin has it with DB2 and Sonya with DB2. So I like to zone but also to have tools to pressure as well. So far, Raiden and Sonya feel like an extension of myself and I can't get bored of playing both of them.

Still really green with her, but her F3 low crushing feels so good. Fought a Johnny yesterday doing loads of D3 then I got a lot from F3 going on hehe She hits like a truck too!

I like the added "juice" of ERC, in the corner is really deadly and in the neutral you can use it to screw up your opponents reactions.

I've watched recently AWP vs SonicNinja(Kabal) and it was a really nice demonstration of what she can do. But I need to see more footage. I know Scar still plays her, but when I watch him it's Kung Lao most of the time.
Yeah there's a few tourney guys who still use her. With KL seems I get one once in a blue. But yeah she has all the tools to deal with most of the roster, ironically I like using Raiden against Sonya, TW specifically as he can get around her zoning. But yeah both are fun for sure.

Stanlos

Noob
Yeah there's a few tourney guys who still use her. With KL seems I get one once in a blue. But yeah she has all the tools to deal with most of the roster, ironically I like using Raiden against Sonya, TW specifically as he can get around her zoning. But yeah both are fun for sure.
You Kombat League is not just . . .Scorpion?

MKF30

You Kombat League is not just . . .Scorpion?
huh???? I'm not sure what you're trying to say. KL not just Scorpion? Are you asking which characters I get alot in KL? Mostly typical tops Geras, Sonya, Jacqui, Scorp, Cage etc, etc

Stanlos

Noob
huh???? I'm not sure what you're trying to say. KL not just Scorpion? Are you asking which characters I get alot in KL? Mostly typical tops Geras, Sonya, Jacqui, Scorp, Cage etc, etc
Yeah I totally skipped words! I always get Scorpion on WiFi when I go in KL

MKF30

Yeah I totally skipped words! I always get Scorpion on WiFi when I go in KL
Oh yeah, for sure lol whenever I win the first match with Raiden or Jade I would say 99% of the time they run to Scorpion in general but yeah wifi lately I've been getting Kano, Scorpion and Geras. Really annoying tbh lol

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Is there any secret to getting Sonya's f4(1+3)2222 to come out consistently? The 2222 never wants to come out regardless of speed or timing.

[Edit] Fuck this string. You can just end with b1~bf2 for a reliable ender that deals only 1% less damage or dash-33~bf2 for around 31%. So, like, b123-dash-33-dash-33~bf2.

Last edited: