What's new

MK11 Sonya Blade General Discussion

Dedlock

Noob
I agree , her only launcher comes from that very punishable 3 hits combo , unlike many other characters she doesn't have normals that launch.

She has two amplified launchers but they're both as a result of anti airs specials.

Which means Sonya can be kept in check. But it puts more pressure on Sonya players to go for that damage when an opportunity arrives.

Xyero

Noob
What should Sonya be doing against lots of pressure? I have trouble against chars constantly being aggro on me.

I tried her a few sets and she's like the exact opposite of Jacqui lol. I love her damage but I still can't figure out how to play my neutral. Right now i'm just jump 3 like crazy

Macoomba

Noob
Hey guys, I'm still strugglin' with advancing strings and opponents with ranged footsies. I don't know how to reach them, I found out her f4,1+3 or her F2,1 but nothing more. Any help? Maybe I should d4 them and dash? Or maybe bait them dashing back into my b123 combo launcher?

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: PlayingNeutral
Hey guys, I'm still strugglin' with advancing strings and opponents with ranged footsies. I don't know how to reach them, I found out her f4,1+3 or her F2,1 but nothing more. Any help? Maybe I should d4 them and dash? Or maybe bait them dashing back into my b123 combo launcher?
I have found after you poke with d3 your best options are :
F13
B23d3
B234 or the cancel into 112
Or the cancel into b12
B2 us underrated. Very good up close. I havent found a use for 2122/4 yet.

Im going to post my private matches so you guys can see how I get in. The audio in the beginning will not sound good due to me not lowering the volume on the video before I put the audio clip in. Also I'm gonma eat my words and reTRY the dash cancel because in the heat of the moment its hard to land the bnb w/o the cancel.

Last edited:

HiddenSelectCounterPick

D3 is her best poke btw

HiddenSelectCounterPick

I'm gonna lab it! Ty so much, I guess I just need more practice with her buttons (and ofc more experience, I never shimmy or bait)
Yea man poke a lot to condition them with that d3 try to cancel it into leg grab and after poke shimmy and wait for a counter poke thats whan you back up and hit that b12, d3 on hit is plus 10 I believe

Byites

Wilson
Played ranked with sonya today since they fixed the desync issue on pc
I dont use F+3 or F+4 enough at all. I have a terrible habit of relying on her B+1 string.
Still it is nice to put things into use that I have practiced in training mode. Gonna start playing a lot more online now.
Also I think I should start messing around with her parry variation. I have not practiced ring cancel combos enough to try them in real matches yet. But when I play online I notice people love to use D+1 to check me. It is often very predictable too I am just too busy going auto pilot to try and adapt.

Anyway here is the set vs jade.

AU_SUCK

MEOW
This may be a stupid question, but if your opponent stand blocks b1 ex leg grab why doesn’t the KB trigger?