What's new

MK11 Sonya Blade General Discussion

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I've been using it quite well , I feel like it's slower with more recovery.

And also

I'm having trouble connect the f+4, 1+3, 2222 as well. It has a specific frame execution or it's just buggy.
I for the life me cannot land it

Also I am now an EX Kitana player... she doesn’t have the combos I like, but Sonya does. She is so fun Sonya is my OFFICIAL main

And also

I'm having trouble connect the f+4, 1+3, 2222 as well. It has a specific frame execution or it's just buggy.
It took me a second to figure it out but you really have to mash the 2's

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Hot take: Sonya is the most fun to play.

I wish they gave her different Custom moves, cassie’s Already got the buddi thing, why couldn’t she get cartwheel or MS or her grenades

Dedlock

Noob
Hot take: Sonya is the most fun to play.

I wish they gave her different Custom moves, cassie’s Already got the buddi thing, why couldn’t she get cartwheel or MS or her grenades
Hopefully we can unlock stuff later , I definitely want the khartwheel launcher and leg grab back !

Then for me she'll be perfect.

Is there a difference between Past Sonya and Current Sonya's face models? As far as I can tell there isn't a difference except for the hair.

And also

I think its a specific frame execution, its not too bad but it is annoying. You basically have to start mashing 2 around the time she lands the first punch, thats how I do it anyway.

I'm really enjoying her.

The throw she has where she uses a grenade, makes me miss demolition though. Also her flying kick is not a replacement for dive kick which I miss alot.

But other than that, shes still the same Sonya who can get on you and eat your health.

so what buttons im supposed to press, besides the bnb combos which start with b123 etc.. ?
i feel like im getting smashed so easily, i try to use b123 combos, b14 and 134 strings. but as soon as i press a button my opponent smashes me hardcore. or i cannot do anything besides blocking his attacks. as soon as i press a button i get it. i feel like her distance is way too short :(

this is so depressing, i cannot punish a noob saibot spamming his bullshit when hes standing here -> |---| <- me. back 1 is too short, back1 4 is too short, 134 string is too short distance... :/

Last edited:
so what buttons im supposed to press, besides the bnb combos which start with b123 etc.. ?
i feel like im getting smashed so easily, i try to use b123 combos, b14 and 134 strings. but as soon as i press a button my opponent smashes me hardcore. or i cannot do anything besides blocking his attacks. as soon as i press a button i get it. i feel like her distance is way too short :(

this is so depressing, i cannot punish a noob saibot spamming his bullshit when hes standing here -> |---| <- me. back 1 is too short, back1 4 is too short, 134 string is too short distance... :/
It’s okay. I struggled with this initially but have gotten a lot better at advancing. Her b3 has tons of range. Play around with it into leg break/slide

Is her f4 restand no longer plus? Took her into practice early this morning and the frame data said neutral on hit, or am I tripping here?

Enriq

Noob
Hello newbie here, any tips on sonya s character tower on TOT? I completed the first tower but im stuck on the second , the last fight is kitana and i have to deal with blood bats and a water ball, i can barely move! And since im a sonya loyalist since mk1 I feel the obligation to finish it all.

Btw im so happy with the work done on sonya, she s fast and strong, even without some of her signature moves i feel this is the best sonya so far

Reactions: Leo