What's new

MK11 Roster - 29 Characters Confirmed

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I'm with you there. I've seen Joker in the leaks and I just have a hard time believing DC would allow that, regardless of how dark some of the comics are. I wouldn't be against it though, especially if it means the leak is true and Spawn would make the cut.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Why not? Superman put his hand through Joker’s chest, and quite a bloody fashion. And have you seen Lobo vs The Mask?

Kratilim

Noob
Page is indeed back up. And with 28 slots? Unless they've f*cked up, or they're including npc's in that screen... it would indicate 28 characters...

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Maybe they’re actually keeping the secret characters secret this time? Instead of showing them on the select screen and telling you how to unlock them.
This. Besides, there's gotta be more than 25 characters. We've got 90 achievements in the game and there are only so many achievements you can do with 25 characters. I did a whole breakdown of the achievements in the Steam Database thread so I'm not losing hope just yet.

Page is indeed back up. And with 28 slots? Unless they've f*cked up, or they're including npc's in that screen... it would indicate 28 characters...
THE DREAM IS ALIIIIIIIVE!

LONG LIVE SHANG, MILEENA, AND RAIN!

Also, it's 29 slots. One is faded. They also changed Geras' bio.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
I still think that last row is exclusively for post launch DLC.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

I think the last one is a DLC character, considering that a DLC character will be revealed in a couple days

If anyone has any disbelief in secret characters, Paulo Garcia did an interview with Gamecrate back around the January reveal, and he states that there is Secret characters

https://www.gamecrate.com/mortal-kombat-11-developer-interview-towers-of-time-how-gear-works-secret-characters/21980

Gamer68

Fujin!
Yeah, the 29th character is probably the first DLC character and that's why they took down the site -- because they weren't ready to say that they were revealing a DLC character. They probably didn't want to mislead people, so they took it down. Looks like they updated Geras' bio also:

"An artificial construct, built by Kronika, he faithfully serves her goal of restarting time and rewriting history. By Kronika’s design, Geras exists as a fixed point in time. Every time Geras is killed he is reborn, each time becoming more resilient against the manner of his death."

Anyway, with all of this being said, we could still be getting 28 base game characters which means the Mileena, Shinnok, and Shang Tsung rumor could be true still. It just means that the Rain one might not be. This is assuming that these slots aren't for DLC or whatever also, though.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Also, so they took the page down to change D'Vorah's picture and to change Geras name? WHAT? Did that really took them so long?
They changed Geras' entire bio. We also probably weren't suppose to see it which is why they took it down in the first place. So technically, nothing took them 'so long' we just weren't suppose to see when we did.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
I changed the links in hope to see something new (like mortalkombat.com/roster/shang-tsung) but got nothing ):

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
Anyone notice how the 27th and 28th slots do nothing when u hover over them, but every other slot the "lock" symbol becomes white and bigger when u mouse over it, including the 29th slot.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Is Kabal's bio unchanged?
Yep. Very odd, isn't it? It makes me think there might be some butterfly effect stuff going on with the time shenanigans in MK11. I feel like story is too much of a focus for MK in this era for them to just get his whole character backward like that on a whim.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Yep. Very odd, isn't it? It makes me think there might be some butterfly effect stuff going on with the time shenanigans in MK11. I feel like story is too much of a focus for MK in this era for them to just get his whole character backward like that on a whim.
I don't think it's backward, it's just a point we haven't seen yet in his story. I think the past timeline is going to kick in circa MK2, with the idea that Kabal is still Black Dragon and hasn't left yet. So it'd be that he was a rookie cop, went Black Dragon (MK2 era/MK11) -> left and went straight and actually became a good cop (MK9) -> got burned (ML3 era/MK9) -> returns to the Black Dragon (MKD).