What's new

MK11 Patch Notes 5/13/21

DC King

Noob
Disagree about Enhanced Dragon Drop being the one that caused Drama, you could easily troll with Base Stomp.

Then the health nerf has to be in case the nerfs to stomp didn't help. No other logic behind it.
What are talking about regular dragon drop was not that good enhanced is what made it what it was before it got shot into outer space. You not trolling any competent player with reg stomp so cut the bs.

What are talking about regular dragon drop was not that good enhanced is what made it what it was before it got shot into outer space. You not trolling any competent player with reg stomp so cut the bs.
You weren't trolling any competent player with enhanced either though.

I'm not talking about how good the move was, I'm just correcting you when you say people were only complaining about Enhanced when they weren't.

Last edited:

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
You not trolling any competent player with reg stomp so cut the bs.
I smell bs in your head.
Man I wished I had bookmarked everything I have seen on that move.
Sure you can't troll them all the time, but the amount you can still hit real pros playing the game up to 8 hours a day, is laughable in a very bad way.
I remember a really funny clip on Hayatei going crazy because of this shit move, he even said to me, it should be changed in a way (I directly asked him on his stream).
Sikander has a nice YT series where some Sheeva trolls could stomp him like 5 time in a row! Getting a round, in the end all Sheevas lost (because they never BLOCKED his slide, DEATH on BLOCK!) but the amount of success just by doing D,U and D,B,3 was ridiculous.
(I could give so much more examples but I am actually now tired of this topic, its now in the past.)

But keep defending the "old" state, you just look like shit doing it!
(Now fire me to hell, can't wait :D)

Last edited:
It should be pointed out that Af0xyGrampa, Notorious user of Stomp in KL and Sheeva main, doesn't care about the Stomp nerfs and is more concerned about the 50 Health taken away from her.

Ashesfall

It should be pointed out that Af0xyGrampa, Notorious user of Stomp in KL and Sheeva main, doesn't care about the Stomp nerfs and is more concerned about the 50 Health taken away from her.
I give you now my theory on why they nerfed her health.
They saw a lot of people spam dragon stance fireballs like crazy, and they thought, damn she is a crazy zoner, lets also reduce the health as people have issues to get in.
(As it also does a lot of damage. All 4 shots can combo on full screen for a nice 185dmg (meterless!) + a crazy slow big ass mid-projectile on meterburn, for nice pressure, as Sheeva can move while its flying.)

PS: Those 50hp health nerfs are for me chip damage nerfs, it's not that bad in my eyes.

Then the health nerf has to be in case the nerfs to stomp didn't help. No other logic behind it.
Or maybe there's more to Sheeva than stomp? The dev's realised (or are hoping?) that players will also pickup on this and the health nerf makes sense based on how they believe the character's playstyle might change.

They saw a lot of people spam dragon stance fireballs like crazy, and they thought, damn she is a crazy zoner, lets also reduce the health as people have issues to get in.
This is an interesting take instead of jumping straight onto the "stomp's nerfed + less health may as well delete her from the game" mantra.

@theotherguy The problem with that take is if the Health Nerf was applied because of Sheeva's zoning and people had issues getting in... why did you give Robocop 50 extra health?

I give you now my theory on why they nerfed her health.
(As it also does a lot of damage. All 4 shots can combo on full screen for a nice 185dmg (meterless!) + a crazy slow big ass mid-projectile on meterburn, for nice pressure, as Sheeva can move while its flying.)

PS: Those 50hp health nerfs are for me chip damage nerfs, it's not that bad in my eyes.
They probably saw that it was a good answer to leaping Jacquis and were like "Nope. Can't have that." Lol

Last edited:

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
As he should tbh, real sheeva mains didn’t even use stomp that much unless its on a read. Stomp nerf was literally to just stop little timmy from getting free wins in kl. Health nerf was a lot worse for her in a competitive way

DeftMonk

Noob
You weren't trolling any competent player with enhanced either though.
This is just flat out wrong bro. Did you not watch any high level mk11 in the last 6 months or what? One of the biggest strengths of that move was how good the enhanced version was with the variable delay timings. You had to be some kind of gypsy under a bridge with magic tarot cards to dodge that shit efficiently. Then u get to watch her recover fast enough to block the 1 time u do gtfo the way.

DC King

Noob
I smell bs in your head.
Man I wished I had bookmarked everything I have seen on that move.
Sure you can't troll them all the time, but the amount you can still hit real pros playing the game up to 8 hours a day, is laughable in a very bad way.
I remember a really funny clip on Hayatei going crazy because of this shit move, he even said to me, it should be changed in a way (I directly asked him on his stream).
Sikander has a nice YT series where some Sheeva trolls could stomp him like 5 time in a row! Getting a round, in the end all Sheevas lost (because they never BLOCKED his slide, DEATH on BLOCK!) but the amount of success just by doing D,U and D,B,3 was ridiculous.
(I could give so much more examples but I am actually now tired of this topic, its now in the past.)

But keep defending the "old" state, you just look like shit doing it!
(Now fire me to hell, can't wait :D)
Both Hayatei and Sikander was going against enhanced dragon drop users not the base move but it’s obvious you don’t know this cuz you quit the game. You can tell a rookie Sheeva player from someone that actually used/uses her because their offense is limited to a few inputs like DU, BF1, B3 etc.
Also before the nerf they always took v1 smash & grab at the character select screen so you knew what type of player they were.

Let me just say I have no problem with NRS adjusting moves they feel is harmful to their game but when you have characters that have been top tier since the games release and all they’ve gotten was minor tweaks it rubs me the wrong way. The game is already watered down enough, if you not gonna butcher top tiers like you just did Sheeva then they need to buff just about every character so x player can have fun too.

Ashesfall

but it’s obvious you don’t know this cuz you quit the game.
And I can not still watch streams and observe the scene while not playing the game? ...
(Hint: I can see the variation before a fight ... you must think I am a total noob in knowing how fighting games work ...)

But I won't search for proof anymore ...
Conclusion: RIP Sheeva, where can I sign for a deletion of her in the roster? ...

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Doesn’t matter who I main fact is this character received nerf after nerf while receiving no compensation. I mean it’s not like we was seeing 5-6 sheeva players in top 8. Jacqui can jump around the screen all day while making you scared to press a button cuz it’s always her turn. Easy to use jack-of-all-trades Liu can do it all. Joker laughs cuz he know you can’t punish his gloves. Cetrion throws tornadoes every split second. Fuj can just say f neutral. I find it funny people are happy stomp got nerfed as if they still don’t have to deal with other characters bs. I guess it’s a Shokan thing ‍♂
I'm not against Sheeva becoming an actual character.
I love her as a character, concept-wise.
She should be a scary ass grappler.
I'm against stomp being unblockable, easy to use, hard to counter.
That's just stupid and anyone with an IQ greater than 90 will grasp that fact.

Sheeva doesn't need to be the top 1 character for stomp to be unfun and unhealthy for the game. She also shouldn't be 950 health just to screw her over when NRS made her toxic to begin with. Excuses about 'well well well dragon stance' are a bit hollow when Mr Low Auto has 1100 hp.

Ashesfall

Excuses about 'well well well dragon stance' are a bit hollow when Mr Low Auto has 1100 hp.
Does robo has scray 50/50 (sheeva 21) does robo has a standing overhead (+KB) and safe? (sheeva b3)

But in a way I agree, robocop will be a problem for casuals, especially with the tick throw on top, my Nr.1 tip for all of them, Shang with his shake will be your best friend :D
(Stomp should actually also work as a whiff punish, while we are at the sheeva topic)

Funny watching robocop streams and m2dave always saying MK11 has no zoning, this statement always feel so off. (only because he doesn't have his cheap ass freddy anymore? ...)

• Robo has his mid projectile that crushes highs +KB
  • he can meterburn it to make jumping harder
  • his big gun meterburn will send you back fullscreen
  • he has spikes to make it harder to get in
dudu, how can a serious person say this game has no zoning? ...

Does robo has scray 50/50 (sheeva 21) does robo has a standing overhead (+KB) and safe? (sheeva b3)
Robo has an actual cmdgrab that ticks from 1/121/d1 and sends people fullscreen for more low auto... My point being that dragon stance is no excuse for 950 hp, that part is just NRS being extra punitive just because.

Ashesfall

oh how could I forget, sheevas anti breaker move (bf4) is a really good one.
(and on top a nice bleeding effect for closing out a round with stomp, moving = death, standing = death)
Robocops is a big joke, you have to jump first + variation move? Who did this decision? ...

my dragon stance though was just a ... thought on why they decided to also nerf her hp.

DeftMonk

Noob
What always struck me as odd about that stomp is the fact that shao kahn taunts/erron black dynamite...these kinds of moves in mk11 have absurdly long start up. Almost making them completely unable to fulfill the purpose they would serve in any other fighting game. But sheeva stomp they decided ya ok just let her fly off the screen with a similar speed to mk3. Imo it would have been much better to keep everything as it was and just give her absurdly long startup frames.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I only encountered a few Sheevas on PC, so take this post with a grain of salt, but the only issue I ever had with stomp was how hard it was to punish once you did manage to avoid it. I think making it more punishable was plenty, but now it's also much easier to avoid, severely limiting it's usefulness. It certainly needed tweaking due to cases like Kollector, but otherwise this feels like another NRS knee-jerk overreaction. If they were as quick to buff the bad stuff as they were to nerf the good stuff, this could actually be a pretty fun game.

Last edited:

Ashesfall

If they were as quick to buff the bad stuff as they were to nerf the good stuff, this could actually be a pretty fun game.
huh? NRS is "quick" in nerfing the good stuff?
The same "quick" in releasing a "hotfix" to the PC version?
(yeah yeah I know not NRS but QLOC, I don't care we are also customers ...)

Na man, I don't agree, NRS does not know what a hotfix is.
It was a samll balance update, for sure NOT a hotfix.
---
Man I can still not test the game but can you avoid stomp by jumping now too?
If you could also block it on top, I actually would agree with "knee-jerk overreaction"

For me this move looks more like as intended now, they should change the KB requirement tho. Like hitting as a counter (not punish) to get a 240dmg KB. So it would also not become a move you actually want to "spam" because of the big juicy 320dmg KB.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Mannnnnnn

They let this go on forever. People were whining about it day one and consistently complained about it. Raptor's "Sheeva Stomp Punishes video" has more views than dozens of his character combo videos. My most popular youtube video is a Sheeva stomp punish gag. Higher level and long time community players complained about it the same as casuals. It's more than a 50/50, it's an unblockable infinity-mix they say. It was the prime example for people to point to to say that the NRS is letting the game die. NRS never patches their game or makes significant changes but they kneejerk nerf fun characters everyone likes into the ground. C'mon mannnnnnnnnnnnnn

trufenix

bye felicia
Mannnnnnn

They let this go on forever. People were whining about it day one and consistently complained about it. Raptor's "Sheeva Stomp Punishes video" has more views than dozens of his character combo videos. My most popular youtube video is a Sheeva stomp punish gag. Higher level and long time community players complained about it the same as casuals. It's more than a 50/50, it's an unblockable infinity-mix they say. It was the prime example for people to point to to say that the NRS is letting the game die. NRS never patches their game or makes significant changes but they kneejerk nerf fun characters everyone likes into the ground. C'mon mannnnnnnnnnnnnn
Dude, these same people now say MKX was 3 magical years of fun and balance. They just re-write competitive history however makes sense at the time.