What's new

MK11 Not Returning as Evo 2020 Mainstage game

Comments

In the same post, you call the game "truly bad" with a "horrible balance" and "lack of wake up options".

LOL.

Again, you have clearly lost your damn mind.

If you dislike the game, just say so and move on. Stop making up stuff.

As far as Mortal Kombat 9 goes, I can place well and still acknowledge a game's obvious flaws because I am neither a fanboy nor a hater.
"Clearly lost your damn mind....", "If you dislike the game, just say so and move on..."

Pot meet Kettle. Once you take your own advice for MK11 then I'll do the exact same thing otherwise that whole you're not a fanboy or hater is a bunch of shit and you know it. Your entire career has been to shit all over MK11 and MK9 and you wanna say someone lost their minds about a game? The cognitive dissonance is actually real right now and it's coming from the supposed dissenter of the same game he claims he doesn't shill for.

If I wasn't too tired, I'd make an entire list of the silliest things you've said about MK11 on REO's podcast where dudes are on there literally telling you that you sound crazy for saying it. At least Tom says it, owns it, and means it. You're a walking hypocrite at this rate just saying it to be saying it now. I don't respect that whatsoever.

Furthermore, I used the whole "horrible balance" and "lack of wake-up options" as mere examples for the discussion since you had brought up the dude Cherny saying it in the first place. I have not stated my thoughts on those mechanics whatsoever so once again you have NOT found any post about that.

Only one here who's lost his mind is you my guy but you're too busy to see that. Sad that I actually do agree with some of the things you say on the podcasts but talking to you and listening to you are two different things and I'm not happy.

Last edited:
Is this is what we are compared too now? fucking skullgirls and melee? Have you ever asked yourself why are our numbers are never as good as fucking smash or capcom games? why we always at 4th-5th? Those are damn good questions to be brought up now if you ask me.
MK doesn't have a scene in Japan...its banned there and is still outselling all those games except Smash...

Think about that for a minute. It has also gotten better, not worse every patch and has a staggering amount of content and great netcode. More than many fighters could hope for I'd say, so maybe the tourney scene dies off a little early at Evo...no big deal, because sales fix everything. If you re not having fun with the game then take some time off and come back after a patch like I did. It seems they're listening to the feedback and slowly making changes instead of having 20 things change about every character which IS what's best for this game, and that's what NRS should focus on, not one tourney that will do little to increase the game's popularity...

Watch how NRS host their own EVO and include every NRS game since MK9 with a half a million pot bonus, I'm actually happy MK11 isn't at EVO TBH ;)

Honestly, when your own community understands why MK 11 wasn't chosen(and it's not just cause of the M rating lol because MK 9 and MK X were just as bloody yet had multiple Evos in a row) then I think that should tell NRS something about the general feedback of this game, nevermind what other communities think. There are some others who hate MK no matter if the games are good or not. Maybe this Mr Wiz dude looked into various popular MK forums including this one and reddit etc wherever else and saw that this game is just not MK 9 or MK X hyped and considered it. Who knows, who cares at this point. Point is MK 11 was NOT picked and that really makes you wonder given the hype this game had a year ago between the marketing, sales and records it set in april and overall as top 5 game of 2019.

I think I3 will do better and hopefully MK 12, but only if NRS goes back to their roots and follow the same formula as they did with MK 9 and even MK X where those games were essentially updated klassic MK. MK 11 they tried to get too fancy and it backfired. Live and learn NRS.

@DarkSado hehe :D

Like I’ve been saying for years, the NRS scene needs to create their own annual championship event. Have the MK classics, all the NRS games, then the most recent NRS game as the finale. Can’t remember the numbers exactly, but EVO started with under 100 entrants total. Gotta start somewhere!
That may be a good idea, plus the fact that a lot of people apparently complain about the gore, violent aspect(which I agree is dumb) but you know how some people are now days...if they did that, wouldn't be an issue. The older MK's had a turn blood/gore off option. I'm surprised they don't just have that with the NRS games for tourney play and to save time. I guess with KB's, FB's etc that would be tough to do.

Last edited:
What this means to me based on what we objectively know is that Mk11 will receive less hype and attention. NRS probably didn't care if it made it to EVO which shows that they don't value the biggest fg tournament. This doesn't seem good for the game's competitive future imo because even people that don't play fighting games watch EVO cuz of the hype highlights they've seen from it. I never would have played T7 had I not seen the hype moments from it initially that I wanted to emulate.

NRS does care about the competitive community with its own tourneys but now it's only shrinking the possible fans it could bring in. In order to watch tourneys now for MK11 we'll have to look harder for more niche events like NEC and such, in which the entrants will only decline. Basically the only people who watch mk11 tourneys now are the only people who will continue to watch, but no EVO will decrease the amount.

I honestly think this is a big deal for those of us who enjoy competitive MK because this will discourage players from entering tourneys and possibly make high level players drop entirely.

This doesn't necessarily mean it's not a good Game, but I do believe it has something to do with the community not being passionate enough about it. Why is an extremely old game like MvC2 still getting a spot over a new game with an associated movie coming out soon? Because the playerbase is more passionate about it.

As much as I dislike the game too, I have it on pretty good authority the main reason it isn’t at evo is because nrs simply didnt pay for it to ber there this year. Now why they didn’t is up for speculation, but the complaint that Evo is spiting the NRS community is just stupid. Blame nrs for your game not being at Evo.
cool

@FullLifeguard the mk fans are passionate the game broke records in fg for Gods sake, it's just mk 11 isnt a very good game as much as it pains me to say that. If the mk fans weren't passionate mk would have died out after mk vs DC. You're talking about tourney people they do not represent the entire mkc. Those who like competitive mk are in the minority.

No, I know you enjoy a good shilling, but I’m not going to sit here and let you blame the community.

This is NRS’s fault. The scene has been TRYING to keep interest alive. Things like Destroyer’s tournaments, K&M FT10 series, people like Raptor constantly posting what little tech there is to find. It is NOT the community’s fault.

Was the community bitching about the game? Yes. But perhaps that’s because there have been some egregious balance and gameplay issues plaguing the game for MONTHS. People get frustrated.

NRS spent the entire time leading up to the game having us believe customs were happening, and then they were gone. The launch was a disaster, specifically the debacle that was the towers. Favorite characters were again sidelined for, and I quote, “Fan favorites from MKX like Jacqui.” The gear system is tragic. Yes, please, let me change how this grenade that’s hidden under Terminator’s coat 90% of the time looks. Insane balance issues, some of which, are STILL not addressed. And don’t forget how simply awful some of these new “variations” are. Clearly not thought out. Clearly not planned from the beginning.

Then some of you are going to pretend like MK11, the first NRS game to not have two years at EVO, the largest and most premier fighting game tournrament in the WORLD, isn’t a big deal. lol.

If the message hasn’t become crystal fucking clear about how the FGC views MK11 to both the White Knights and NRS I don’t know what will.
Agreed. Well said, I've come to the conclusion that some people on here just refuse to accept the truth that is MK 9 and MK X even are simply better games than MK 11. Period. MK 9 had 3 evos in a row, already a better feat than MK 11 didn't even get 2 in a row. MK X had 2 iirc. Perhaps the higher ups at Evo saw stuff clearly flawed like Jacqui's upgraded and the meta in this game up close which is literally who can outpoke who, outstagger who into 5050. It's dull, lame and just not fun to experience(nevermind watching)

To be fair Capcom also markets poorly and makes their games for casuals in mind too like NRS(though Capcom had SF5 incomplete which was a joke) MK 11 just feels like the gameplay is incomplete, I mean hell they didn't even have all 3 variations for tourney/competitive play finished. No MK 11 fan can justify this as far as I'm concerned. I think they put too much other stuff into this game as well as focused too much on the variation/custom crap again. Case in point, if this game was so great, balanced and "NRS's best game ever" then it wouldn't have been turned down for Evo on it's second year, nuff said. But like you said bro, the white knights, shills etc will ignore this and just say "we have an agenda against the game" no, we just call shit how it is lol. No FG is perfect nor MK game is obviously, however it's also obvious that clearly some folks can't seem to see or accept the fact that MK 11 isn't without it's problems either.

And as for NRS, pfftt honestly I don't think they care at this point other than DLC and lazy patches every few months. I mean they made their millions for WB, got their checks. Shit, their last Kombat Kast they couldn't even get the damn sound in sync....for a stream. This is basic shit amateur twitch streamers have no issue with. :rolleyes: Just saying, I love their KK's but when you struggle to show a simple stream for a new character it doesn't look good at all for NRS and makes you wonder what they're doing behind closed doors with this game.

Last edited:
sounds slightly bizarre to include the likes of mvc 2(!) over mk 11. but anyway, times have changed and the nrs community isnt dependant on evo anymore. we have other great events with nrs focus.