What's new

MK11 Kano Discussion

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
quick glance on the new variation doesnt make me switch from ripper. you loose mixup potential to open people up for raw damage output but with a much more linear approach/gameplan.

people with a solid defence will be hard to open up. f1 being mid is overall a great change.

Last edited:

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: PlayingNeutral
I would love to see a how to use Ratbag Guide. Like a commentary.
quick glance on the new variation doesnt make me switch from ripper. you loose mixup potential to open people up for raw damage outpout but with a much more linear approach,gameplan.

people with a solid defence will be hard to open up. f1 being mid is overall a great change.
Yea i didn't switch for that reason. Snakebite and manhandled or lumbar wouldve been better

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
I don't play nearly as frequently these days so apologies if someone already spotted this, but are y'all aware the spit from F21-B2 is treated as a projectile? Consequently it's affected by moves like Jade's Dodging Shadows (goes right through her, even point blank) and Nightwolf's reflect. Pretty wacky.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
quick glance on the new variation doesnt make me switch from ripper. you loose mixup potential to open people up for raw damage outpout but with a much more linear approach,gameplan.

Everyone is clamoring for Ratbag, but I personally think Ripper might still be better in the long-run too.

I didn't find a good enough reason to switch. Ripper is strong with F1 now.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I think ratbag is great because it now allows him to get to convert on all his normals.
The fact that there is even a discussion about which Kano variation is the best is amazing isn't it? lol

Seriously, I couldn't be happier with Kano's position in the game. He went from not useable to having possibly two-three tournament useable variations.

Last edited:

kantboy-2

Ripper
His F4 should be faster, but eat a dick if it gets blocked.

Manhandled combo paths should not be limited to a variation.

Kano ball should have a krushing blow.

Then we'll have a better tool set for all Kano fans.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
His F4 should be faster, but eat a dick if it gets blocked.

Manhandled combo paths should not be limited to a variation.

Kano ball should have a krushing blow.

Then we'll have a better tool set for all Kano fans.
I'm not a fan of that first suggestion at all lol. The whole point of F4 is that it's something the opponent could anticipate so that you could trip them up with other options. The safety on it is way more important than the current speed imo.

CriticalDrop

Beers, grabs & dropped combos
I'm not a fan of that first suggestion at all lol. The whole point of F4 is that it's something the opponent could anticipate so that you could trip them up with other options. The safety on it is way more important than the current speed imo.
I completely agree about that.
The other two suggestions are ok, but I'm pretty sure they will never happen, they are not indispensable either.

kinger

Noob
Interesting thoughts but the main problem imo with f4 is the recovery. If you are enforcing a mix up on wakeup a delay wakeup can full combo punish this. This is the reason I cant use as much as I want.:)

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
I just checked the endgame Shang areas, and nothin. Rough idea where this is?

Edit: It;s in the "Lower Pit" area. Have to take the elevator from the Goro area to "Upper Courtyard", then follow the path into "Lower Pit".

Last edited:

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
just realized something today and i wonder if any of you use it to their advantage.
you can extend the range or more to say walk into command grab when you set your controller inputs to - input window timing = long + release check.

this allows you to do the motion, microwalk a bit and release the button and you still get the command grab.

i played with short/no release check all the time because i started out with noob and some moves there confliced with a longer window timing so i set it back then to short input timing.

Last edited: